Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like sardines but prefer the kipper snacks. I think the smoked flavor is what I like about them.

Grabbed a can of king Oscar today for lunch.

I'll look for the Brunswick brand next time I'm at the store, I haven't had them for a long time. I'd be curious how they stack up to the king oscar.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Grew up in England eating Kippers on toast.... with a little vinegar.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffin

The fresh smoked (not frozen) kippers are 2nd to none compared to any canned fish listed in this thread but are extremely hard to find away from the source.

We did some work on Grand Manan Island a few years ago on some of the public wharfs and were given some by the fellow there that looks after the wharfs. He smoked them himself. I warmed them on a pc of tinfoil on the grill and ate them with eggs and toast. ..... WOW. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
when considering going down town on a strange snatch, I always recommend a 2 finger check. but if you eat sardines, all pu$$$ y is edible.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
when considering going down town on a strange snatch, I always recommend a 2 finger check. but if you eat sardines, all pu$$$ y is edible.

Everybody can see you are trying way too hard.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There used to be a diner in Dillon, MT where they served smoked trout with eggs for breakfast. It was exquisite. That's as close to real English breakfast kippers as I'll ever get, probably.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There used to be a diner in Dillon, MT where they served smoked trout with eggs for breakfast. It was exquisite. That's as close to real English breakfast kippers as I'll ever get, probably.

That is always a good breakfast. Sometimes I take a kipper snack and scramble them with eggs.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Muffin
Malt vinegar?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm usually open to trying new foods but have never tried sardines. My grandma used to eat them and they grossed us out as kids. Now that I'm old I'll have to step up and try them. I cook with fish sauce a lot and love sushi, sashimi, and ceviche. Just still haven't tried sardines. Costco had big packs of them on sale the other day and I though if I liked them they'd be a good addition to food storage.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm usually open to trying new foods but have never tried sardines. My grandma used to eat them and they grossed us out as kids. Now that I'm old I'll have to step up and try them. I cook with fish sauce a lot and love sushi, sashimi, and ceviche. Just still haven't tried sardines. Costco had big packs of them on sale the other day and I though if I liked them they'd be a good addition to food storage.

Bb

Hey Burleyboy, hope you day is going great!

When this thread started, I was dissing Sardines.

The other day I said what the heck and bought 4 cans when I was at Walmart. Not the whole sardines with the spines in them but Smoked Boneless Brunswick Sardine Fillets.

I just had another can of them with a Baguette for breakfast, man are they ever Delicious lol. Give these puppies a try, you will be happy you did, and way better then canned Tuna! Cheers ~

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/02/22.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

if you've never been in the situation, I suppose you can't understand the situation.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

if you've never been in the situation, I suppose you can't understand the situation.

Right....from someone who self applied "Cummins Cowboy"..........

I bet you can do the electric slide....cant ya.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when considering going down town on a strange snatch, I always recommend a 2 finger check.

At the park?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
when considering going down town on a strange snatch, I always recommend a 2 finger check.

At the park?
yeah why not, I was a teenager once. confession through projection?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Youze damn guyz.

All this & I had to raid the cabinets. Found 1 single can of smoked oysters. Get the hot sauce & crackers. Memory poor, the first reminded me that my dislike of smoked stuff wasn't the meat, but the piss poor smoke. Imitation that taste like it was smoked with doty wood.

Oyster 1, not good. #2, somthin ain't right. See streaks of yellow slime on remaining oysters, check date on can, 2007. Damnit! eat 4 Zestas & hope for the best.

A frugal sort I are, I give the outdoor cat the rest. He wouldn't touch them, bad sign..

Four hours later, it looks like I've dodged a bullet whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
Youze damn guyz.

All this & I had to raid the cabinets. Found 1 single can of smoked oysters. Get the hot sauce & crackers. Memory poor, the first reminded me that my dislike of smoked stuff wasn't the meat, but the piss poor smoke. Imitation that taste like it was smoked with doty wood.

Oyster 1, not good. #2, somthin ain't right. See streaks of yellow slime on remaining oysters, check date on can, 2007. Damnit! eat 4 Zestas & hope for the best.

A frugal sort I are, I give the outdoor cat the rest. He wouldn't touch them, bad sign..

hahahahaha, that's funny! When a cat says no thanks, you know there is an issue.

Happy to hear that there are zero detrimental effects!

KB

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When they grow legs - I (might) try 'em.
laugh laugh laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunzo
Youze damn guyz.

I love smoked oysters, but can’t find any that aren’t farmed chinee oysters.

Hard pass.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dude270
I like sardines but prefer the kipper snacks. I think the smoked flavor is what I like about them.

Grabbed a can of king Oscar today for lunch.

I'll look for the Brunswick brand next time I'm at the store, I haven't had them for a long time. I'd be curious how they stack up to the king oscar.
Try those sardines longarm and I have cans of. Polar brand, from Latvia.

They're smoked, unlike most sardines.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
I love smoked oysters, but can’t find any that aren’t farmed chinee oysters.

Hard pass.

https://buy.taylorshellfishfarms.com/ekone-canned-products/original-ekone-smoked-oysters/

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,885
Posts18,518,254
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.