Hop To
Page 78 of 81 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 81
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[quote=Raspy][quote=misser][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=Raspy]

I see the confusion, my bad.....I should not have said "Yes, God Created Evil"...God did not create evil directly, but indirectly. God created angels and men with the potential and capability of committing evil by sinning because it was an important part of God’s Plan for them that they would experience both good and evil....God “created all things that they might exist, and the generative forces of the world are wholesome” (Wis. 1:14). God only “creates” evil in the way that a donut maker “creates” a hole—not by giving a non-existing thing existence, but by creating a substance whose absence is named. In the metaphysical sense, evil does not exist in itself, so it is not accurate to claim that God created it.

But don't call me ignorant....call me sleepy.

Oopsy...

Isaiah 45:7 ....I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Doughnut makers make them with or without holes BTW.

Here is a list of the translations....times/words have changed....take a look below...Other Translations for Isaiah 45:7...translations seem to change a bit....I focus on my core beliefs regarding God the Bible and that is Jesus died for our sins, was buried, was resurrected, and thereby offers salvation to all who will receive Him in faith.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I forme the light, and create darkenesse: I make peace, and create euill: I the Lord do all these things.
- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible Scan

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.
- New American Standard Version (1995)

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
- American Standard Version (1901)

I am the giver of light and the maker of the dark; causing blessing, and sending troubles; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
- Basic English Bible

forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.
- Darby Bible

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
- Webster's Bible

I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.
- World English Bible

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'
- Youngs Literal Bible

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.
- Jewish Publication Society Bible

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
The most recent posts above are what honest inquiry looks like. Good discussion.

You have added greatly to this discussion yourself There-Ya-Go and your excellent contributions are appreciated. Despite the disruption from the 2 immature children that are seemingly compelled to interrupt and denigrate I appreciate the contributions of everyone else. Ignoring the ignorant children in order to get to the “marrow” of the matter is worth it when it results in the responses like you’ve contributed here.

Antlers knows how much I appreciate his contributions here and how very much I respect him and his opinions and you Sir (TYG) have added much to this discussion as well….thank you!

Thanks to all (except the 2 disruptive cucks) for your contributions here. I believe many many people derive benefits from these discussions but most of them we’d never even know were lurking.

Aces the ecclesiastical cheerleader: "Go Team Jesus, Fuck Everyone Else".

I'm yet to see you add anything to this discussion except disruption and abuse - or is that your understanding of being a good Christian?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=Raspy][quote=misser][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=Raspy]

I see the confusion, my bad.....I should not have said "Yes, God Created Evil"...God did not create evil directly, but indirectly. God created angels and men with the potential and capability of committing evil by sinning because it was an important part of God’s Plan for them that they would experience both good and evil....God “created all things that they might exist, and the generative forces of the world are wholesome” (Wis. 1:14). God only “creates” evil in the way that a donut maker “creates” a hole—not by giving a non-existing thing existence, but by creating a substance whose absence is named. In the metaphysical sense, evil does not exist in itself, so it is not accurate to claim that God created it.

But don't call me ignorant....call me sleepy.

Oopsy...

Isaiah 45:7 ....I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Here is a list of the translations....times/words have changed....take a look below...Other Translations for Isaiah 45:7...translations seem to change a bit....I focus on my core beliefs regarding God the Bible and that is Jesus died for our sins, was buried, was resurrected, and thereby offers salvation to all who will receive Him in faith.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I forme the light, and create darkenesse: I make peace, and create euill: I the Lord do all these things.

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

I am the giver of light and the maker of the dark; causing blessing, and sending troubles; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
- Basic English Bible

forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.
- Darby Bible

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
- Webster's Bible

I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.
- World English Bible

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'
- Youngs Literal Bible

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

....I focus on my core beliefs regarding God the Bible and that is Jesus died for our sins, was buried, was resurrected, and thereby offers salvation to all who will receive Him in faith.

That's cherry picking and ignoring the fact that the story reads as a set-up for failure arranged by God. You must be really scared of death to willingly dismiss all the bad stuff in your bible, or accept all of God's immorality as perfectly acceptable.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
religion has started more wars than it has stop, think about that

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=misser][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=Raspy]

Oopsy...

[quote=mauserand9mm]Isaiah 45:7 ....I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

....I focus on my core beliefs regarding God the Bible and that is Jesus died for our sins, was buried, was resurrected, and thereby offers salvation to all who will receive Him in faith.

Is this cherry-picking?.....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Basic English Bible

- Darby Bible

- World English Bible

- Youngs Literal Bible

Last edited by Raspy; 11/02/22. Reason: spelling

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 44mc

Hope this helps....but I do not know about "than it has stopped".

Religion is actually the cause of a very few wars. Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod’s Encyclopedia of Wars is an excellent source on the subject. In their exhaustive study of over 1,700 wars, only 123 (or about 7%) were fought for religious reasons. If you remove the 66 wars waged in the name of Islam, that number shrinks to a little more than 3%. A second scholarly source, The Encyclopedia of War edited by Gordon Martel, confirms this data, concluding that only 6% of the wars listed in its pages can be labeled religious wars.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No, no it's not. It's no cherry and it comes straight from your bible, and is there for all to read. Denial of it is part of cherry picking (ie ignore the bad, pick the good). Your god created evil - it's his deliberate mess that he's willing to send you to hell for - what a champ, and you want to worship him even though you have to force yourself to believe it all.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
The most recent posts above are what honest inquiry looks like. Good discussion.

You have added greatly to this discussion yourself There-Ya-Go and your excellent contributions are appreciated. Despite the disruption from the 2 immature children that are seemingly compelled to interrupt and denigrate I appreciate the contributions of everyone else. Ignoring the ignorant children in order to get to the “marrow” of the matter is worth it when it results in the responses like you’ve contributed here.

Antlers knows how much I appreciate his contributions here and how very much I respect him and his opinions and you Sir (TYG) have added much to this discussion as well….thank you!

Thanks to all (except the 2 disruptive cucks) for your contributions here. I believe many many people derive benefits from these discussions but most of them we’d never even know were lurking.

I'm yet to see you add anything to this discussion except disruption and abuse - or is that your understanding of being a good Christian?

You are the ones that add anything to this discussion except disruption and abuse - or is that your understanding of being a good Atheist?

As you put it so eloquently...."Go Team Jesus, Fuck the 2 immature children from down under. "

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

No, no it's not. It's no cherry and it comes straight from your bible, and is there for all to read. Denial of it is part of cherry picking (ie ignore the bad, pick the good). Your god created evil - it's his deliberate mess that he's willing to send you to hell for - what a champ, and you want to worship him even though you have to force yourself to believe it all.

There are more quotes to choose from so why did you pick that one? Why did not you choose one of these?.....

- Basic English Bible

- World English Bible

- Youngs Literal Bible

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Religion is actually the cause of a very few wars. Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod’s Encyclopedia of Wars is an excellent source on the subject. In their exhaustive study of over 1,700 wars, only 123 (or about 7%) were fought for religious reasons. If you remove the 66 wars waged in the name of Islam, that number shrinks to a little more than 3%. A second scholarly source, The Encyclopedia of War edited by Gordon Martel, confirms this data, concluding that only 6% of the wars listed in its pages can be labeled religious wars.
I wouldn't be too sure of those findings. Europe fought a series of wars over catholic versus protestant for centuries, the crusades were a series of wars, lately it's been India-Pakistan, Iran-Iraq, Israeli versus Islam, Serbia-Bosnia-Croatia, Greek war of Independence, Ottoman siege of Vienna, the various wars and genocides in Africa, Nigeria has suffered an Islamic uprising as did the Philippines, the Sri Lanka Buddhist war against the Tamil Tigers. I've got some of these out of order but those I could think of off the top of my head. Men have been killing each other using religion as an excuse forever.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Thanks little bitch. 😂

If I’m disrupting you and disrespecting you then I appreciate your “excited utterance” and I take it as a compliment, despite it being an accidental compliment on your part. I detest you and your petulant partner, not because you’re homosexuals and not because you’re atheists, I detest how immature and dishonest you are…..I hate liars and I made you and your butt buddy as liars early on.

If I disrupt you and disrespect you then I assure you that it’s completely intentional.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hastings

I wouldn't be too sure of those findings. Europe fought a series of wars over catholic versus protestant for centuries, the crusades were a series of wars, lately it's been India-Pakistan, Iran-Iraq, Israeli versus Islam, Serbia-Bosnia-Croatia, Greek war of Independence, Ottoman siege of Vienna, the various wars and genocides in Africa, Nigeria has suffered an Islamic uprising as did the Philippines, the Sri Lanka Buddhist war against the Tamil Tigers. I've got some of these out of order but those I could think of off the top of my head. Men have been killing each other using religion as an excuse forever.

Something to look at....thanks

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Online Content
mauserand9mm
Campfire Guide
M
Queensland Australia
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by kwg020
It's a tragedy what happened to Ashli Babbit.

I can tell you from my days as an embassy guard, there are certain perimeters that will bring a deadly force response, if breached. Typically when you are breaching a 'safehaven' area for personnel being protected.

Looks to me like that is what happened here.

So, what you are saying is the the House and Senate chambers is an Exclusionary zone and no one is permitted in it without clearance and special invitation ?? I don't agree with that Marine. Not one bit. That building belongs to the people and NOT to the politicians. I I don't agree with the breaking in but NO ONE in there was going to allow the people in to protest what was going on. American citizens should have been allowed in to watch and voice their displeasure about what was going on. The people who perpetrated this whole fraud should have to do it in front of all Americans and in person without restrictions except to space.

Our politicians are out of touch and should be fired immediately.

kwg

No that is NOT what I'm saying. You are putting words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is that it APPEARS to me, that the congress critters had gone to their designated shelter-in-place location, and that location is the designated safehaven. It is no surprise TO ME, that the safehaven was defended with deadly force during a security breach.

Well that's right. A breach is a breach irrespective of who it is - breaching shows an undesirable intent so protection is required. It would be crazy to break protocol and rules just to see how far they would go to see what their real intent was. Undesirable intent was proven by the breaches that took place to get to where they were. Unfortunate but inevitable, and it worked.

Originally Posted by ribka
I see the beta male male Australian pooosesies are quadruple vaxxing now

Follow the Aussie science lol

What a low IQ [bleep]. Now wonder you worship gun bans and totalitarian pedophiles

The new and improved Australia is quite the country now Lol

Hey, good to see you show up for a whinge. How's things going your way? Are you still angry with your girlfriend for getting double vaxed? Are you still on the "Chosen Ones" list?

I must have touched a raw nerve - you'll get over it, just sit down and have a good cry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
…and Hitler killed Jews in WWII. That doesn’t mean that WWII was a religious war.

There’s a definition for the term and what constitutes a “religious war”. It’s not based on armies of different or differing religions that are fighting against one another. We weren’t fighting Islam when we went into Iraq and Afghanistan despite the enemy being Islamic but if you were to ask the Taliban they would absolutely say that they’re engaged in a religious war….and maybe THEY ARE but WE AREN’T.

There have not been nearly the number of “religious wars” fought over the past 2000 years than secularists and the public education system tries to imply.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

There are more quotes to choose from so why did you pick that one? Why did not you choose one of these?.....

- Basic English Bible

- World English Bible

- Youngs Literal Bible

Mine was the King James version - you saying it's wrong? Or do you just prefer the watered down versions? There's plenty of other horror stories in any and all versions.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Online Content
mauserand9mm
Campfire Guide
M
Queensland Australia
Originally Posted by kwg020
It's a tragedy what happened to Ashli Babbit.

I can tell you from my days as an embassy guard, there are certain perimeters that will bring a deadly force response, if breached. Typically when you are breaching a 'safehaven' area for personnel being protected.

Looks to me like that is what happened here.

So, what you are saying is the the House and Senate chambers is an Exclusionary zone and no one is permitted in it without clearance and special invitation ?? I don't agree with that Marine. Not one bit. That building belongs to the people and NOT to the politicians. I I don't agree with the breaking in but NO ONE in there was going to allow the people in to protest what was going on. American citizens should have been allowed in to watch and voice their displeasure about what was going on. The people who perpetrated this whole fraud should have to do it in front of all Americans and in person without restrictions except to space.

Our politicians are out of touch and should be fired immediately.

kwg

No that is NOT what I'm saying. You are putting words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is that it APPEARS to me, that the congress critters had gone to their designated shelter-in-place location, and that location is the designated safehaven. It is no surprise TO ME, that the safehaven was defended with deadly force during a security breach.

Well that's right. A breach is a breach irrespective of who it is - breaching shows an undesirable intent so protection is required. It would be crazy to break protocol and rules just to see how far they would go to see what their real intent was. Undesirable intent was proven by the breaches that took place to get to where they were. Unfortunate but inevitable, and it worked.

I see the beta male male Australian pooosesies are quadruple vaxxing now

Follow the Aussie science lol

What a low IQ [bleep]. Now wonder you worship gun bans and totalitarian pedophiles

The new and improved Australia is quite the country now Lol

Hey, good to see you show up for a whinge. How's things going your way? Are you still angry with your girlfriend for getting double vaxed? Are you still on the "Chosen Ones" list?

I must have touched a raw nerve - you'll get over it, just sit down and have a good cry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What's that got to do with anything? You still losing sleep over that or something? If you can't handle a debate, you may as well try some other diversion I suppose.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Thanks little bitch. 😂

If I’m disrupting you and disrespecting you then I appreciate your “excited utterance” and I take it as a compliment, despite it being an accidental compliment on your part. I detest you and your petulant partner, not because you’re homosexuals and not because you’re atheists, I detest how immature and dishonest you are…..I hate liars and I made you and your butt buddy as liars early on.

If I disrupt you and disrespect you then I assure you that it’s completely intentional.

Attaboy. You seem to have given up the debate too.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There have not been nearly the number of “religious wars” fought over the past 2000 years than secularists and the public education system tries to imply.

Oh, I guess that makes it all right then - killing for the sake of a different belief system is not really that bad. What a cop out.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by misser
Originally Posted by DBT
The snippets you pointed out are OT...and NT...but you do not include the context....for example, the one you despise the most....

“Happy is the one who seizes your infants / and dashes them against the rocks.” To “imprecate” means to “pray evil against,” and the imprecatory prayers in the Bible strike people today as strange or wrong. It is important to understand the context of this verse and others like it. The background is the Jewish people calling upon God to exact revenge upon their military enemies.

Context doesn't alter what is said. When the bible tells us that God is responsible for the existence of evil, that is precisely what is meant and intended,

When the bible tells us that God creates evil and the evildoer for the day of evil, that is precisely what is meant and intended.

When the bible tells us that God as the 'Potter' creates vessels 'fitted for destruction,' that is precisely what is meant and intended.

Context does not alter what is written, meant and intended.

Context does not transform what is written, meant and intended into something more palatable for the believer. .

Yes, God created evil. However, it is important to understand that God did not create evil directly, but indirectly. God created angels and men with the potential and capability of committing evil by sinning because it was an important part of God’s Plan for them that they would experience both good and evil.
Two beings who represent the pinnacle of evil are Satan and Hitler. One is a fallen angel and the other is a fallen man. God created a holy angel called Lucifer who became Satan when he sinned by rebelling against God. Also, God created Adam and Eve who were holy people before they sinned by eating the forbidden fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. As a result of their sin, Adam and Eve became sinners and all of their descendants are born with an unrighteous sinful fallen nature.
God has complete foreknowledge of everything that happens in His creation. Therefore, the sins of fallen angels and the sins of fallen men do not take Him by surprise
you are just a bit ignorant. no God did not created evil. thats something developed by a spirit /angel that went against God's arrangement. that one was not named Lucifer we in fact dont know what his name really is

The bible itself states that God creates evil.

It states that God creates the evildoer for the day of evil, that God creates the dumb, the blind, the deaf, etc....that God is responsible for all these things, good and evil:

"And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord?" Exodus 4:11

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? " (Lamentations 3:38)

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.'' Proverbs 16:4

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6, KJV)

''Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.'' (Psalm 135:6)

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

This is your bible telling you this, not me.

As usual, you don’t understand…..,probably because you don’t want to.

Be that as it may… God does bring judgment for sin and disobedience.

If one were to look at these verses in context this is clear.

However, you cannot..blinded?

For example, I have previously explained the “Happy is the one who…..” set of verses. As I recall the verses describe the enemies of the Jews after a Jewish defeat.

I don't understand? What a load of Crock.

It is you who cannot accept what the verses clearly say and mean.

It is you who seeks to rationalize what they are telling us.

You do that because it doesn't fit the image of God that you have created in your own mind.

Because what we are told about God creating evil does not suit the image of God you have created in your own mind, you seek to transform what we are clearly told into something that suits your needs, the opposite of what is clearly written and meant.

That is the truth.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Whoever or whomever is running these accounts has never studied the Bible beyond light reading. They have no appearance of having studied Christianity or the Bible outside books and articles that attempt to destroy Christianity.

One of the accounts began to cut and paste long quotes which, when searched, are taken directly from anti Christian anti Bible writers.

Everything points back to the account owners personally having a bug up their ass concerning Christianity. My bet is that the bug that is rectally impacted is not the Christianity did x,y and x arguments offered but something much more personal and damaging.

There is too much anger and vitriol.

Rubbish. I merely quoted what your bible says about God creating evil.

I made no changes or interpretations.

What I quoted is simply what is written.

It's there for anyone to see and read.

So don't make out that it's about me or my hate or some other lame excuse as a means of ignoring what is in your bible.

Face the facts. The bible tells us about God creating evil, the evildoer for the day of evil, those destined for damnation, etc.

Page 78 of 81 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,040
Posts18,500,763
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.