Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A recent dream that I recall part of;

I worked for years in a steel mill. We had the 3 largest electric steel furnaces on the planet (400 ton rated) and poured heats averaging 350-360 tons. We poured into ladles that weighed around 120 tons. The ladles were picked up and placed on the caster by either of a pair of 500 ton Alliance overhead cranes.

I recently dreamed that I was being chased down the pouring bay of the steel mill by a leaking ladle full of liquid steel. In my dream I came to an opening in the side of the building and ran outside. That Alliance crane jumped off it's rails and chased me outside with that ladle.

That's a bad dream...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I dream about the Gulf War quite often, didnt see combat though

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dreams wake me up but I don’t remember them more than a few seconds. My hard drive writes to the hear and now, not the subconscious

So I don’t remember dreams

Either 10 years of drugs and 3 dozen trips under general anesthesia may have burned out that lobe of Fcukitall
Probably a shrink could pull some weird stuff out

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I remember 5 or 6 dreams in my whole life....

AND, they were the SAME dream, every night for nearly a week. I was 8 or 9, I was riding in the back of the pickup on the way to grandmas house, we turned off the main road onto another road, at the intersection on one corner was a landfill, sitting just off the corner was a guy sitting on the top step of a step ladder, shooting arrows at me.........

THAT is the only dream I remember...

Anyone interpret dreams?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had a dream several years ago that someone was knocking on my door. I woke up scared to death and even though I was sure it was a dream, I got up and looked out the peep hole.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
A recent dream that I recall part of;

I worked for years in a steel mill. We had the 3 largest electric steel furnaces on the planet (400 ton rated) and poured heats averaging 350-360 tons. We poured into ladles that weighed around 120 tons. The ladles were picked up and placed on the caster by either of a pair of 500 ton Alliance overhead cranes.

I recently dreamed that I was being chased down the pouring bay of the steel mill by a leaking ladle full of liquid steel. In my dream I came to an opening in the side of the building and ran outside. That Alliance crane jumped off it's rails and chased me outside with that ladle.

That's a bad dream...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]\

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Slavyanka will often tell me of her dreams, in great detail.

I’ll remember I had a dream, but never remember details.
Good thread I remember some for a little while. The ones that stick in my mind always seems to be damp. 😉

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Sometimes yes sometimes no sometimes very vividly. But it actually been quite a period of time since I have had any dreams or at least I don't remember having them whether I could remember them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It's hard to say about all of them; if i don't remember them, how do I know. There are some that, immediately upon waking, I remember brief moments of. Strangely, there are some dreams from my childhood that I remember large parts of.

I'll ditto every word of this.

I can sometimes tell my wife about some of a dream upon waking. Five minutes later it's completely gone. I can remember telling her about a dream, but don't even remember what I told her.
She reminds me of what I said, and I draw a complete blank.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have and remember dreams almost every night . Once in my dream i knew i was in a dream and had full control . It was the craziest [bleep] ever. I was telling my friend , in the dream, dude we're asleep lets go drive around and do some crazy [bleep] !! Then i woke up. Apparently you can train yourself to do that and people have done productive stuff while asleep . Like read books , learn new languages. Crazy

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the same dream every night with only the minor details changing and they are more reflective to things more current in life, but it is otherwise recurrent of a specific event around 13 years ago. I typically wake up around the same time and half-scared and half-pissed off. Even though I know it isn't real and I know its coming when I lay my head down, but my physiological and psychological reaction is beyond my control. The only time I don't have the dream is when I get piss-drunk. Then and only then I have a good night's sleep.

Last edited by drop_point; 11/05/22.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I used to, but not so much anymore.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by drop_point
I have the same dream every night with only the minor details changing and they are more reflective to things more current in life, but it is otherwise recurrent of a specific event around 13 years ago. I typically wake up around the same time and half-scared and half-pissed off. Even though I know it isn't real and I know its coming when I lay my head down, but my physiological and psychological reaction is beyond my control. The only time I don't have the dream is when I get piss-drunk. Then and only then I have a good night's sleep.
WTF? Seriously?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, seriously. I won’t get into the details on a public forum, but you live with it.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Late Fall '82, I awoke from a vivid dream.

I was fishing with friends in a 14 foot trolling boat on a high desert reservoir. They pulled the boat up to the dam and let me off to fish over the front face of the dam.

As I fished, the water level increased, and the raceway at the Left end started roaring. I walked to the Right end of the dam to find the water had over flowed the earthen embankment and washed it away so that side was running as hard as the raceway.

I turned to wave for my friends to pick me up with the boat, only to see a fifty foot diameter vortex swirling in front of the dam.

Off the back side of the dam, it was over 100 feet to the river below.

And that is when I woke up!

Well. It only took a minute to consider the relevance to my life at that point. I had met a gorgeous young woman with a five year old daughter about six weeks previously. We had just discussed having her parents and mine together for Thanksgiving Dinner.

After a few moments reflection, I dismissed the entrapment in the dream as nonsense. As the truth of the matter was she was more likely being trapped than was I.

We got married about ten weeks later, almost forty years ago.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember very vividly two rock 'n' roll themed dreams I had as a teenager.

The reason I had them both was that I used to wake up to a clock radio for school, and I had it set to a rock 'n' roll station.

One started with myself and others sitting around a large dinner table, and some servants brought in a huge meal. The meal became a large grotesque monster, and even though we all stuck it with our steely knives, we just couldn't kill the beast. Next thing I remembered, I was running for the door, trying to find the passage back to the place I was before, and you know the rest.

Next one had me living in a post-apocalyptic world, and we had been conquered by an alien race far more technologically advanced than us. I was with a group of human warriors who had achieved remarkable success in fighting the aliens, bringing their fighter vessels down from the sky with stolen alien weaponry, and such. The reason we were so successful was that we were the champions, my friend, and we were going to keep on fighting till the end. No time for losing, because we were the champions.

Seriously. I still remember the visuals of it all very vividly.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've never slept well enough to dream. And when I tried taking Ambien to sleep I died for 4 hours and then was wide awake thinking and figuring. Sure slept better when I passed out from drinking or dope.

Life is good live it while you can.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Several yrs ago I dreamed I saw a copperhead and picked it up it latched onto my hand and wouldn’t let go. Wifey woke me up after I’d pulled all the covers off the bed and was beating the snake into oblivion with my pillow🤦‍♂️🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Same. Remember thinking I'll tell my wife about this.
Can't remember what This is!

Have sleep apnea, knew I had it for years before seeking treatment.
Didn't realize it, but I never sleep deep enough to dream
Got CPAP and the sudden dreams would wake me up.
I'd actually wake up excited about dreaming!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Last night was a series of one-hour dreams. Drift off, dream, wake up, repeat. All different.

I used to dream a lot about flying in Vietnam, but thankfully, that stopped. My usual dream theme is frustration. Such as, I'll be in a buffet line and at the end, realize that I'd not gotten silverware. Leave my tray at the table to get some and learn that there isn't any left. Then see that they'd taken my tray of uneaten food away. And then learn that the buffet had closed.

More like that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 257Bob, 22250rem, 2500HD, 52 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,915
Posts18,518,712
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.