Real popular photo spot...........(:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I dreamt about Roman Numerals: 5, 4, 1 and 500...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A lot of them.

I often dream I’m back at work, or in school, but almost always I’m retired and working again, or graduated and just sitting there not worried about grades, assignments etc.

The work ones are very vivid, and mostly from the time I worked on electro-mechanical telephone switches rather than electronic stuff, funny because the former only lasted less than half the time of the latter.

Always dream in color unless it’s a nighttime scene.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Use to think I did every time I'd bait Rene into a rant but when I'd wake up and click on the Fire there he is still ranting away, notta dream.

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The worst dreams are often of being back in school, and you haven't prepared for the test, or the semester-long project is coming due, and you had no idea it was ever assigned, but it's way too late to even start it. Things like that.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jericho
I had a dream several years ago that someone was knocking on my door. I woke up scared to death and even though I was sure it was a dream, I got up and looked out the peep hole.
I had a dream similar to that in 1976. I was drawn to the door (in my dream) against my will, there were two men outside in black suits, no words were spoken that I remember, but it was communicated to me through thought that “it’s not hot enough yet”. That has stuck in my mind my whole life.
This morning I dreamt I was looking for a lost dog and ended up on a steep, snow covered mountain. Woke up before before I got off the mountain or found the dog.
Found the dog after I woke up, she was still here.😀

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
never a dream ,just nightmares

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Along those lines, I dreampt the other night that there was a loud crashing sound in the room next to my bedroom, followed by a voice shouting for help. I woke up and, even though I knew it was a dream, got up and looked in that room to make sure. Nothing but two sleeping dogs in a dark room.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I dream all the time, some good some bad. My dreams are so vivid it's like living a double life, one life when your awake and one when you are asleep.

I have often wondered if death was the same as dreaming, not looking forward to finding out, but like everyone else I will eventually.

KB

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
For some very unusual, and vivid dreams try melatonin.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A lot of them.

I often dream I’m back at work, or in school, but almost always I’m retired and working again, or graduated and just sitting there not worried about grades, assignments etc.

The work ones are very vivid, and mostly from the time I worked on electro-mechanical telephone switches rather than electronic stuff, funny because the former only lasted less than half the time of the latter.

Always dream in color unless it’s a nighttime scene.

For years I would dream that I got a letter saying I hadn't had enough credits and had to go back to school for a year. A nightmare!
Wasn't a terrible student, school wasn't that bad.
But I chafe at the level of control and the attitude of many teachers.
I hated school.

Work isn't that bad.
But I darn sure wouldn't go another day if I didn't need to.

Bet there will be work dreams after I retire!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
For years I would dream that I got a letter saying I hadn't had enough credits and had to go back to school for a year.
I've had that exact dream with regard to high school. I had to go back as an adult, along with a couple of my friends from those days.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sometimes. Big relief when you wake after a troubled dream and realize you don't have to deal with whatever problem existed.

I'm also convinced that the brain processes real life events while you are unconscious...for better or worse.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being a shaman, I work and live in this realm. My ability to remember dreams is my bread and butter.

I find that I go in 6 month stretches alternating from no memory of dreams to fully involved, fully remembered lucid dreaming. It goes in cycles.

The majority of my dreaming, at least while I was working, was centered on the workplace. I tended to have really mundane dreams of everyday work. It took a while to figure out that a lot of this was prescient dreaming. That is, I was dreaming of stuff that hadn't happened yet-- usually in a 10-72 hour delay. It seldom provided actionable information, but I did get a feel for what was down the road.

Now that I'm retired and the Chemo is over, I'm starting into a phase where I'm remembering dreams again. The most recent have been about hunting and the upkeep of deer camp. It's odd, but when I dream about hunting, I seem to always return to the same landscape and universe. It isn't our deer camp or anywhere else I've ever been. It's a mix of suburban housing, open woods and construction, sort of the world I had growing up. However, it's all jumbled. I seem to be always late getting out to hunt, or I am having gobblers that hang up and won't come in, or I'm having trouble with my stand. Occasionally my hunting in this world takes me to a landscape of ravines, covered in late autumn leaves and bare beech trees. This, I've recognized, is the place that I imagined deer hunting long before I ever went. It is based on hikes through small patches of virgin forest that I went on as a child.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
For years I would dream that I got a letter saying I hadn't had enough credits and had to go back to school for a year.
I've had that exact dream with regard to high school. I had to go back as an adult, along with a couple of my friends from those days.

My recurring dream, which went on for years and years (it hasn't appeared for a long time) dealt with finals week at college. I would discover that there was a class on my schedule that I had overlooked and never attended. This probably was born in reality, as I would invariably have this moment of panic during each finals week and tear my schedule out of billfold to reassure myself that this had not happened.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The ones I remember are usually ones where I am failing to find a class in time or overwhelmed at work and unable to catch up.

Really gets to me, even after I wake up.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
I recently dreamed that I was being chased down the pouring bay of the steel mill by a leaking ladle full of liquid steel. In my dream I came to an opening in the side of the building and ran outside. That Alliance crane jumped off it's rails and chased me outside with that ladle.

The Mangler - by Stephen King

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am always on some construction site. Never been there before.
In a dream, me and my buddy were in a old house drinking whiskey
when he suddenly needed a bad tooth pulled . I tied a string to the
tooth and opened the door to tie the string to the knob,
Dwight Yoakam was outside and came in. We all sat down
at the old table and started drinking whiskey again. (I don't drink anymore).

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
My recurring dream, which went on for years and years (it hasn't appeared for a long time) dealt with finals week at college. I would discover that there was a class on my schedule that I had overlooked and never attended.
I've had that one, too. Many times. Then you go around the college campus trying to find the classroom where the class is, and can't find it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I rarely remember my dreams but a couple stand out,...although they have little significance. In one I was traveling with some other people in an old sedan that seemed to be from the 1920's. We were going down a tree lined road where the trees hung over the road and were so dense that it was like driving through a dark tunnel. When we reached the end of the road we were at a beach on the ocean,..out in the sun, with many people just lounging around.

Another, I was walking across a nondescript field and came to a large hole in the ground. It seemed familiar to me and I slowly lowered myself into it feet first. The hole was a long chute that descended down. The walls were very smooth glassy rock that gave off a soft, light blue glow. It twisted and turned in many directions as I slowly slid downwards. I recall thinking about how different it was from the field that I had walked through to get to it.

At the bottom it emptied into a glowing pool of Turquoise blue water. There was others already there and everyone was being casual,...just enjoying lounging around in the water.

I can't see any meaning out of either of them. The thing that stuck out was the stark, abrupt transition from one environment to the other and how different they were.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.