Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regardless of what anybody thinks of Kurt Schlicter as a writer, his fiction series on the Balkan split in the US may not be far off the mark. A massive loss at the polls next week could trigger some behavior in the ruling class that defies belief. I say this because if you had told me a dozen years ago that protesters would be held indefinitely in Fed lockups, a sitting President would be framed by the highest law agency in the land while the courts stood idle...I'd say you were crazy. And I would have been dead wrong. The panicked actions of the Canadian Govt during the peaceful truckers protest told me just how far the ruling class would go. We may be looking at a "national emergency" after the election...possibly martial law, if the ruling class panics because of civil disobedience caused by vote tampering. China? Russia? No, DC.

This..absolutely this.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
Nugget here reporting for Duty! I been collecting those aluminum cooking trays here at the dump to make a shield for my bicycle handlebars. I also have a single shot H&R 30-30 with 2 rds of ammo. As they say in football put me in coach..

TFF

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Nugget here reporting for Duty! I been collecting those aluminum cooking trays here at the dump to make a shield for my bicycle handlebars. I also have a single shot H&R 30-30 with 2 rds of ammo. As they say in football put me in coach..
You will be the first one WE volunteer. That sound reasonable ??

We thank you for your future service. smile

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 11/06/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Houston_2
No war between the super powers.

Two super powers are already killing each other. They're using small arms, artillery, rocket launchers, drones,.. ect.

I would hazard a strong guess that the people involved in it view it as being a war.

Big difference in all out wars between super powers and proxy wars. There’s been more than a few proxy wars between us and Russia for years now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MichiGun
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regardless of what anybody thinks of Kurt Schlicter as a writer, his fiction series on the Balkan split in the US may not be far off the mark. A massive loss at the polls next week could trigger some behavior in the ruling class that defies belief. I say this because if you had told me a dozen years ago that protesters would be held indefinitely in Fed lockups, a sitting President would be framed by the highest law agency in the land while the courts stood idle...I'd say you were crazy. And I would have been dead wrong. The panicked actions of the Canadian Govt during the peaceful truckers protest told me just how far the ruling class would go. We may be looking at a "national emergency" after the election...possibly martial law, if the ruling class panics because of civil disobedience caused by vote tampering. China? Russia? No, DC.

This..absolutely this.

flintlocke hit it dead center.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 79S
You will be the first one WE volunteer. That sound reasonable ??

We thank you for your future service. smile

kwg

Sir, Yes Sir! I also have a basket on the front of my handlebars so i can carry dynamite, blackpowder, handgrenades, gasoline, anything flammable or dangerous I can carry it. 🦸‍♀️

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
A civil war's a ton closer than anything ....

kind of my Canadian thought,,
Other problem i see is do you have a viable force to fight China or Russia, or them together with terrorist forces sniping from the sidelines???

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Redneck
A civil war's a ton closer than anything ....

kind of my Canadian thought,,
Other problem i see is do you have a viable force to fight China or Russia,

,...along with North Korea, Iran, Syria,,...there's a very long list to pick from.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Talking about population numbers, what should we consider to be a long term sustainable population figure? Eight billion or more? Less than that? Or is perpetual growth a possibility?
I think we are close to our limit

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
Talking about population numbers, what should we consider to be a long term sustainable population figure? Eight billion or more? Less than that? Or is perpetual growth a possibility?
At out current tech level it's about 12 billion, and it will only continue.to go up from there.
I see a bit of a problem. Mainly food production shortfalls. Food production can only be ramped up by a finite amount and I bet we're close to the limit. I know, we could quit putting corn in gas tanks but what else? The other problem I see is energy. Not to mention all the sewage. Can you imagine the surface water in China and India? I would think Asia in particular is ripe for a population adjustment if a deadly pathogen gets loose as compared to the candy ass Covid19.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I feel the hidden powers want war. Democrats in power want war. America is so broken, ww3 breaking down the world would allow an open door for one world gov and currnecy. Bringing the masses to their knees would make them beg for it

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
At out current tech level it's about 12 billion, and it will only continue.to go up from there.
I see a bit of a problem. Mainly food production shortfalls. Food production can only be ramped up by a finite amount and I bet we're close to the limit. I know, we could quit putting corn in gas tanks but what else? The other problem I see is energy. Not to mention all the sewage. Can you imagine the surface water in China and India? I would think Asia in particular is ripe for a population adjustment if a deadly pathogen gets loose as compared to the candy ass Covid19.
The world is ripe for a mass kill off by a virus. Something had to give. Motger nature or an evil gov entity, only allows unchecked populations to sustain or grow numbers for only so long

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I feel the hidden powers want war. Democrats in power want war. America is so broken, ww3 breaking down the world would allow an open door for one world gov and currnecy. Bringing the masses to their knees would make them beg for it
Some entity is doing all they can to start war. So who are the likely prospects? Who gains?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Russia's not going home without Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson. Ethnic Russians inhabit those places.

If the Biden administration continues to escalate in order to keep those regions in Ukraine, it's going to get big.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
For balance, not everyone considers Peter Zeihan a credible source of geopolitical insight.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Another article pushing back,

DEBUNKING PETER ZEIHAN’S SHOCKING AND POPULAR CHINA PREDICTIONS

https://worldaffairs.blog/2022/07/09/debunking-peter-zeihans-shocking-and-popular-china-predictions/

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I've seen Christmas geese that weren't full of it as much as this Zeihan fellow.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also have tubes hanging off my rear tire rack where I can fire bottle rockets as well. I'm serious guys when this war kicks of please let me know.

Nugget

Last edited by 79S; 11/06/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by DBT
I think we are close to our limit

Our soil is being exhausted.

Pesticides and fertilizers can only help no much, the have side-effects just like anything else man-made.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Long term sustainable?

Yes.

And it we could significantly mitigate the corruption in third world nations, that number would probably go even higher. When you have mostly free markets and fair trade, more people results in higher productivity on a per person basis. Think specialization and division of labor. The more people you have, the more each can produce, the more people you can support.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.