Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Beautiful… 👆

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife's daily driver for years.

Now it sits unused in the shop. frown

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've always been partial to the 67-72 GM's. I've posted my 72 K10 on here before...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by tater74

That's beautiful - hopefully mine will look that nice someday.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by ButchA61
Regarding the thread about Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, etc....

I wanted to focus more on classic cars, classic trucks, that we all remember from back when we were kids! Check out this current eBay Motors auction based out of Tampa, FL. $13,500 is the opening bid on eBay:

1966 Ford F100, inline 6 cylinder, 3 speed (3 on the tree), totally original, red & white color w/ rust. Needs a good body job/repainting, is all I assume. Man, what I wouldn't give to take off from work, fly down to Tampa, FL and outright buy this classic "old school" Ford pickup and drive it all the way back up to Richmond, VA! laugh

Not to long ago that was a 1000 dollar pickup. Nowadays, they spray clear over the rust and call it "patina" and mark it up 5k..... hell, as far as we know that truck Had a perfectly good paint job and they fugged it up on purpose.... seems to be the going trend.

Yup, and a gallon of milk $2, a case of beer $8, and a steak dinner was $15. Shame how much value our dollar has lost.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My uncle just restored a 65 Ford and added a few customizations. It h it s a beautiful Carolina Blue with approximately 500 HP. He ha a 64 coming up next. I can’t wait to see the results!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I had a 64 f100 with under dash AC that would frost the metal vents... 292 and 3 on the tree... man I wish I had that truck back.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For my bud's 55th anniversary, the family had a ground-up, total restoration of his dads '55 chev. Purty cool deal....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
For my bud's 55th anniversary, the family had a ground-up, total restoration of his dads '55 chev. Purty cool deal....

Looks older than '55.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Id take a 1980 Toyota 4wd pickup over any old Ford/Chevy/Dodge.

jackmountain;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the weekend was at least tolerable for you and this finds you well.

Way back in the day, when there were few domestic 4x4 pickups up here, this was the second 4x4 Toyota in the south valley here. It was an '80 that I bought off a chap who didn't like making the payments part way through '81. To this day it's the newest truck I ever owned.

[Linked Image]

We took that thing in the back country in 4 western provinces including goat hunts up in the Stikine, all over Vancouver Island, the Kootenays and up into Haida Gwaii. When I sold it to a buddy, I'd painted the whole thing once and some of it for the 3rd time repairing the rust. It had a 22R in it by then out of an '85? He threw the box away and put a logger box on it, new floor from a road sign and jobber door skins and front fenders. He had it for years but where it went after that I'm not sure.

For domestic pickups, my second "car" when I turned 16 was a '62 Chev Long Box step side with a 292?? and a 3 on the tree. I had a mildly built 283 ready to go into it, but life got in the way and I sold it.

One of our farm trucks was a '74 GMC with a 350 with 10.5:1 pistons, a bit of a cam and headers with dual exhaust, the theory being better fuel economy. It sounded pretty good and mostly we all just drove it like we stole it.

Another oddball truck for you folks' side of the medicine line was a '67 Mercury with a 352 V8 and a 3 on the tree. It only had about 3' of exhaust pipe off each manifold, so it didn't get driven on the fields much past seeding because of the risk of fire.

There were many more pickups some certainly better than others, but indeed on balance the only one I'd be interested in owning and driving again would be another early Toyota - providing the body was okay... wink

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
My 1972 Chevy Cheyenne. 350 auto , 2wd long bed. 3rd owner, just over 100 k on the odometer

Attached Images
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
48 ford i wish i still had , a unibody cab and box joined,ford should still have that but after i rolled and flipped it , not much left. i know where there are 10 or 12 older ford pu,s .

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Overall I would as well. The exception may be the Ford 300 I-6 from the early 80's. Those give the Toyota 4cyl trucks a run for their money in reliability and were more efficient and had far more torque but in build quality Toyota is still superior.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Looks older than '55.

There were two body styles produced in '55. The older t grilled '54 looking one and the newer style 55-57 with two headlights.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by saddlering
Owned one that's a twin to that truck. Back in 1977, but it had a , want to say a 283??? Motor was from a 1956 T bird. Wish I had it today, gotta love a 3 on the tree!

292 or 312. The 312 was called the "Thunderbird Special" no matter what platform it was installed in. Very popular with police departments in the late 1950's. Robert Mitchum drove one in "Thunder Road".

This , nicknamed the "Y" block.

Had several in 56 F-100's and a 56 Crown Vic... still kicking my ass for selling that one.

.... like tears in the rain
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
+1 I love the old first gen 4x4 Toyota Pickups, post some pics please!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BC30cal

jackmountain;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the weekend was at least tolerable for you and this finds you well.

Way back in the day, when there were few domestic 4x4 pickups up here, this was the second 4x4 Toyota in the south valley here. It was an '80 that I bought off a chap who didn't like making the payments part way through '81. To this day it's the newest truck I ever owned.

[Linked Image]

We took that thing in the back country in 4 western provinces including goat hunts up in the Stikine, all over Vancouver Island, the Kootenays and up into Haida Gwaii. When I sold it to a buddy, I'd painted the whole thing once and some of it for the 3rd time repairing the rust. It had a 22R in it by then out of an '85? He threw the box away and put a logger box on it, new floor from a road sign and jobber door skins and front fenders. He had it for years but where it went after that I'm not sure.

For domestic pickups, my second "car" when I turned 16 was a '62 Chev Long Box step side with a 292?? and a 3 on the tree. I had a mildly built 283 ready to go into it, but life got in the way and I sold it.

One of our farm trucks was a '74 GMC with a 350 with 10.5:1 pistons, a bit of a cam and headers with dual exhaust, the theory being better fuel economy. It sounded pretty good and mostly we all just drove it like we stole it.

Another oddball truck for you folks' side of the medicine line was a '67 Mercury with a 352 V8 and a 3 on the tree. It only had about 3' of exhaust pipe off each manifold, so it didn't get driven on the fields much past seeding because of the risk of fire.

There were many more pickups some certainly better than others, but indeed on balance the only one I'd be interested in owning and driving again would be another early Toyota - providing the body was okay... wink

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne
Cool truck Dwayne.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

309 members (257 mag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 27 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,889
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.