Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by dave7mm
I mounted mine tonight.
Put one on a 6.5x47.
Took a total of four shots .
Two at 25 yards .. bore sighter on a large black dot.
One shot at 100 yards. Went high. Clicked to the hit.
Last shot went in the bull.
Easy peasy.
Dave

Sounds like my initial session after mounting it on my 7-08.
I like the center dot.
Alot.
I set the gun up for DonKnows SIL.
Young fella was struggling with a Savage.
60 rounds of under half MOA goodness at 300 yards is ready for his season.
Thinking it will up his odds quite a bit.

dave

I have a couple getting ready to get mounted. I have gotten a few of them so far and they still piss me off they work so well for the money.

Semper Fi
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one going on my 7mm bee Euromark

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
I have been on the Athlon bang wagon for a few years now... I like them... a lot... the Midas Tac models

I really like my Midas Tac so far. The first one would not hold zero. Their fine customer service in Kansas took care of me and sent out a replacement. They actually have an in-house lab that can test returned scopes, to make sure that they are indeed bad. Mine was. I sent the other one back to check it out, also, but that turned out to be my fault.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I hear good hangs. Hint...............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Got enough scopes there stick?

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barely have a few hundred. Hint..............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It will be interesting to see what happens when I get it up over 1000 rounds.
None of my old loopies made it past that...
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a shame,that Reupold can't make a scope as good. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
It's a shame,that Reupold can't make a scope as good. Hint..............

how do you compare the Athlon Helos to the Bushnell LRHS 3-12?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I MUCH prefer the LRTS/i's to any/all things LRHS/i. Gen 3 reticle for me,as I don't care for the Gen 2. Hint.

The 2-12x has more erector travel than the '12x LRTS/i and better parallax control. The LRTS/i's in Gen 3 have more reticle for subtension holdovers,or when going ALL in,with a maxed out erector and the reticle atop same for LR Pursuits. Hint.

I prefer the 2-12's illumination. Mechanics are a wash,as I've yet to puke either,but have so the LRHSi. Hint.

The BTR Gen2 2-12x is a BAD Bitch and there's several in my crummy now,as I go look for Bucks and gun some come-up's in this NASTY High Pressure front. Hint.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cotay
CL says they are out of stock on the MIL version, so I went looking elsewhere and picked up four of them for ridiculously good value this weekend.

Where?

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveh
[quote=Cotay]CL says they are out of stock on the MIL version, so I went looking elsewhere and picked up four of them for ridiculously good value this weekend.

In stock now

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
C
C
Aww heck...after seeing Big Stick's Helos stash, I went ahead and ordered a 5th example. I promised my wife I'd be selling off some of my existing SFP scopes now. smile

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I MUCH prefer the LRTS/i's to any/all things LRHS/i. Gen 3 reticle for me,as I don't care for the Gen 2. Hint.

The 2-12x has more erector travel than the '12x LRTS/i and better parallax control. The LRTS/i's in Gen 3 have more reticle for subtension holdovers,or when going ALL in,with a maxed out erector and the reticle atop same for LR Pursuits. Hint.

I prefer the 2-12's illumination. Mechanics are a wash,as I've yet to puke either,but have so the LRHSi. Hint.

The BTR Gen2 2-12x is a BAD Bitch and there's several in my crummy now,as I go look for Bucks and gun some come-up's in this NASTY High Pressure front. Hint.................(grin)

Thanks, I'll give the helos a try, the price is attractive as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Aww heck...after seeing Big Stick's Helos stash, I went ahead and ordered a 5th example. I promised my wife I'd be selling off some of my existing SFP scopes now. smile

I did the same thing - recently ordered 2 to replace/sell off a couple others...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
C
I received my first of five of these and unfortunately I'll be sending it in for an exchange. The elevation turret is way too difficult to unlock, even with considerable leverage. My wife and 13 year old son couldn't move it at all. I have three more arriving on Monday, so hopefully those have better turrets.

As for the optic itself, I'm otherwise extremely impressed with the overall package. If the others are as nice optically and mechanically (other than the elevation turret of course), I'll be very tempted to order a few more of these for future rifles.

EDIT: I took the turret cap off and looked more closely at the elevation drum. It seems that someone tightened the drum set screws and actually stripped them out in the process. They even gouged the drum in the process, which had been hidden by the zero stop ring. I have a difficult time believing that they would have done this at the factory, but everything appeared to be new and untouched. I suppose this could have been previously sold and meticulously repackaged to appear as new. Anyway, it's packaged up and going back on Monday. So as not to create any confusion, this example was not sold to me by Doug....maybe that was my first mistake. smile

Last edited by Cotay; 11/12/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Still saving up for one. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I received my first of five of these and unfortunately I'll be sending it in for an exchange. The elevation turret is way too difficult to unlock, even with considerable leverage. My wife and 13 year old son couldn't move it at all. I have three more arriving on Monday, so hopefully those have better turrets.

As for the optic itself, I'm otherwise extremely impressed with the overall package. If the others are as nice optically and mechanically (other than the elevation turret of course), I'll be very tempted to order a few more of these for future rifles.

EDIT: I took the turret cap off and looked more closely at the elevation drum. It seems that someone tightened the drum set screws and actually stripped them out in the process. They even gouged the drum in the process, which had been hidden by the zero stop ring. I have a difficult time believing that they would have done this at the factory, but everything appeared to be new and untouched. I suppose this could have been previously sold and meticulously repackaged to appear as new. Anyway, it's packaged up and going back on Monday. So as not to create any confusion, this example was not sold to me by Doug....maybe that was my first mistake. smile

I've had 2 of these scopes for a while now and the turrets have been very consistent - locking/unlocking positively with a crisp snap. On the 2 I just received, the windage turret on 1 locked/unlocked with virtually no resistance such that there is no way it would stay locked under field use. I sent it back and just received an exchange. The windage turret works great and the elevation turret definitely requires more effort to lock/unlock than my other 3.

I'm developing the feeling that current models may have more variation than earlier models in the 'feel' of the turrets on locking/unlocking. The click adjustments seem to be very consistent - crisp and positive on all 4 that I have.

Would be interesting to hear Big Stick's take on this - sounds like he's had his hands on a large number of these...

C
C
Originally Posted by JGray

I've had 2 of these scopes for a while now and the turrets have been very consistent - locking/unlocking positively with a crisp snap. On the 2 I just received, the windage turret on 1 locked/unlocked with virtually no resistance such that there is no way it would stay locked under field use. I sent it back and just received an exchange. The windage turret works great and the elevation turret definitely requires more effort to lock/unlock than my other 3.

I'm developing the feeling that current models may have more variation than earlier models in the 'feel' of the turrets on locking/unlocking. The click adjustments seem to be very consistent - crisp and positive on all 4 that I have.

Would be interesting to hear Big Stick's take on this - sounds like he's had his hands on a large number of these...

The windage on my first one was about perfect...could have maybe used a little more tension, but I wouldn't have worried about it opening on its own. I'm hoping that the three arriving today are more usable and consistent. These are extremely popular from what I'm seeing, so I hope QC isn't being sacrificed to meet anticipated holiday demand. Everything else was fantastic about the scope. I would also be interested to hear from Big Stick about his turret consistency.

EDIT: The three new scopes arrived today and they all have properly working elevation turrets. The lock/unlock tension varies in intensity on these three also, but they are all still easily manipulated. Windage turrets are all fine as well and actually all feel about the same.

I checked two of the drums and they are pristine with no signs of tampering like on the first one. I'm now more inclined to believe that the first scope was repackaged and sold as new after someone tried to adjust it themselves. One of the three has a slightly gritty parallax adjustment, but otherwise all of them are mechanically sound at first blush. I will be keeping these and hope the other two are just as good. Overall I'm very pleased with these scopes so far, but now comes the real test of reliability once I get them mounted up and shoot.

Last edited by Cotay; 11/14/22.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I've got a MIL model in the classifieds

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.