Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
If you have two POS , one tracks and they other does not I’m buying one that does.

#Leupold

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slm9s
I think the Burris FFII's are a great bargain for hunters that won't twist turrets

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
But what if someone wants a simple duplex reticle scope that will hold zero? Does that exist? Or is it really SWFA or bust?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The FF-II in a 3-9X40 is at least as good as a Leupold VX-2 in my experience. And they sold for about $100 less. Either of those will do what I need a scope to do. I don't care for the 2-7X version of the FF-II nor the Droptine or the E1. I tried a newer FF-!V. It was OK, but I still like the older FF-II better. Unfortunately, the FF-II has been discontinued.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by COexile
But what if someone wants a simple duplex reticle scope that will hold zero? Does that exist? Or is it really SWFA or bust?

I don't know what's coming off the line now, but I have three 6x Leupolds with the 36mm objective, and one with the 42mm objective. They all work great. Very simple, sturdy, bright, good scopes.

Regards, Guy

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Igloo
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I wouldn't put one of those pieces of fhuqking schit on a garden hose,to aim water at my truck. Hint..................

Where do you think the "entry level" point on a good solid scope is, Stick?

BSA, you and Mule Deer both had posts/info that made me look at the FF IIs, btw.

Yeah, there are a lot of clowns that spew schidt igloo. You just have to weed through the bull schidt. I guarantee some of these guys have never even tested the Burris FFII. They like to make you think they know what they are talking about though. I also know Ingwe uses the hell out of the FFII 3-9x40 ballistic plex scopes too. The problem is guys don't want to speak up because you have these stupid fu cks spewing bull schidt, trying to intimidate people. They are just puzzies. If you don't agree with them, then you are the enemy or you don't know what you are talking about. What really pisses them off is when you post pictures to prove what you are talking about. Check this out my friend, these guys could not prove their scopes and rifles can do any better. Here is a lightweight Tikka stainless lite 7mm08. It's 7 pounds all up, with the Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex. Testing the hash marks at different yardages to confirm they were spot on:
100 yards:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

200 yards:

300 yards:

400 yards:

That is shooting from the prone with a bi-pod and no rear support (no rear bag). Practicing that way for my long range shoots. That's a "hunting" rifle with great hunting rifle performance. From 0 to 400 yards, you'd have dead critters on the ground with that setup. If not, you are doing something wrong.

Here's a different Burris: An older discontinued AR556 4.5-14x42 with C4 windplex reticle. I posted a pic of it in an earlier post. Checking to make sure it tracks and returns to zero, which they always do. Rifle is a new/used Winchester model 70 classic sporter stainless BOSS 7mm rem mag that I bought a few months ago. I had 1 box of factory ammo, so I got it dialed in and then checked the rifle scope to see if it matched up to the ballistic info taken from the app I used. It was pretty close, as I had expected:

100 yards:

200 yards:

300 yards:

400 yards:

That is 12 shots with factory ammo, from a "hunting" rifle. That is all I had that day, as it was before I had loading dies or any brass. That left me with 8 rounds to get dialed in. It doesn't get much more honest than that. And somehow that really pizzes some guys off. A good drill would be for some of these guys to staple up a target at each distance and see how their prized rifles and scopes do. I guarantee if they were at my range, they would be struggling and all that big talk would go out the window. Let me know if you want me to take my Tikka T3 308win out and do the same test.

It shoots better than my 7mm08:

But those loads are worked up with SMK's. Not quite the same as a Nosler partition or cheap azzed Federal blue box factory load. Just remember, the haters are going to hate, until they are face to face. Then they cower because they are puzzies and they know it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I know it is crazy talk but some things really do work contrary of what is written in the campfire.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have 2 Fullfield 2 scopes. The Zero doesn't drift. Mine don't get used much.
When it gets close to dark I can't see through them as well as the.other scopes I use.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a couple FFII years ago. Glass was terrible pretty much all the time but especially in lowlight and the eye relief was terrible on one of them. Down the road they went.

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BSA,

I read you, but those are just paper targets, shouldn't you have like, shot a coyote or something? That's street cred!

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
If you like steaming piles of dog chit, you’ll like a Leupold scope.

Correct!!!!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a pretty healthy fanbase for Burris scopes here on the forum, and after having the FF II I see why...but that's been the extent of my experience.

What's the diff with the Fullfield E1, Fullfield IV, Droptine etc? Any strong or weak points, anything to avoid?

Are the E1 and FF IV better than the FF II, or not so much?

I think it depends on when and where made. I've 3 FFII's 4.5-14 with adj. objective from the 90's, whenever they first came out. Marked "made in USA" on the eyepiece. They've been very good on a few different window and truck guns -22mag, 223, 223AI, and 22-250. They don't have turrets. I only adjust for sight in and they stay that way, never lost a zero. I like the ballistic plex reticle but guess some people don't. Can't speak for the newer models or the other hunting scopes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I wouldn't put one of those pieces of fhuqking schit on a garden hose,to aim water at my truck. Hint..................

Where do you think the "entry level" point on a good solid scope is, Stick?

BSA, you and Mule Deer both had posts/info that made me look at the FF IIs, btw.

Yeah, there are a lot of clowns that spew schidt igloo. You just have to weed through the bull schidt. I guarantee some of these guys have never even tested the Burris FFII. They like to make you think they know what they are talking about though. I also know Ingwe uses the hell out of the FFII 3-9x40 ballistic plex scopes too. The problem is guys don't want to speak up because you have these stupid fu cks spewing bull schidt, trying to intimidate people. They are just puzzies. If you don't agree with them, then you are the enemy or you don't know what you are talking about. What really pisses them off is when you post pictures to prove what you are talking about. Check this out my friend, these guys could not prove their scopes and rifles can do any better. Here is a lightweight Tikka stainless lite 7mm08. It's 7 pounds all up, with the Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex. Testing the hash marks at different yardages to confirm they were spot on:
100 yards:

But those loads are worked up with SMK's. Not quite the same as a Nosler partition or cheap azzed Federal blue box factory load. Just remember, the haters are going to hate, until they are face to face. Then they cower because they are puzzies and they know it..

Yes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know about the Fullfields but I have a couple of the newer 3-15x44 Signature Series scopes that have been excellent for me. Bright, sharp image, consistent turrets. Great scopes for the price. Not Nightforce, but they are not $1500 scope either........and the only Nightforce reticle I like (Forceplex) has been discontinued.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a few old style Signatures, the ones with the forward mounted turrets made in the USA, just up the road from my in Greeley CO. They work really well on Ruger No. 1s. Bright, clear, good eye relief.

Last edited by MickinColo; 11/09/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sure you’ve never tested one for reticle subtension accuracy or click value accuracy

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Correct!!!!

Nice try. Leupold usually nails the reticle subtensions perfectly and click values

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MickinColo
I have a few old style Signatures, the ones with the forward mounted turrets made in the USA, just up the road from my in Greeley CO. They work really well on Ruger No. 1s. Bright, clear, good eye relief.

Yes. I have several of those originals from the 90's, 6-24 and 8-32. Very good scopes. Used to think Leupold was the way to go, but got tired of how poorly they tracked.....just awful, losing zero then rezeroing was a nightmare. I sold every leupold. Never had any trouble with those Signatures

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There was some Leupold bashing in there a couple weeks ago.

#BurrisNation.

Originally Posted by bellydeep

Correct!!!!

Nice try. Leupold usually nails the reticle subtensions perfectly and click values

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ackman
[quote=MickinColo]
Yes. I have several of those originals from the 90's, 6-24 and 8-32. Very good scopes. Used to think Leupold was the way to go, but got tired of how poorly they tracked.....just awful, losing zero then rezeroing was a nightmare. I sold every leupold. Never had any trouble with those Signatures

You should run for a democrat office with that level of moronicness….

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.