J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
On request by a group from Harve

One of the best pizzas money can buy is made in Havre.

There are dominoes all over the place dude. Not just Havre.

Hahaha.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Russia entering Ukraine shìt in our sandbox.

Can you explain that?

How was it "our sandbox" regarding trade? And what was the "[bleep]" part?

Had the world done nothing about Putin's adventurism in Ukraine, he would have either installed a puppet, or annexed it, but either way, the goods would still have flowed. He wants to sell, we want to buy. Trade would be the same, but geopolitics would not.

Such short memories.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
The problem from my perspective is that I’ve lost the faith you seem to hold unquestioningly to if you’re going to draw that historical parallel, and that is that our governing elites are the good guys (England) and not the bad guys (Germany).

My sense is that those here who served in the military during the Cold War haven’t appropriately grappled with that question.

Over the past few years I’ve seen the deceptiveness and ways that I’ve been drug into this whole thing and found it pretty distressing.

Our ruling elites are the bad guys on the global stage. By that I mean our government and the oligarchs who control the companies that the government uses to keep us placated.

Your position assumes that those people all of a sudden are doing the right thing in Ukraine.

That to me is insane, ignorant, or evil.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Russia entering Ukraine shìt in our sandbox.

Can you explain that?

How was it "our sandbox" regarding trade? And what was the "[bleep]" part?

Had the world done nothing about Putin's adventurism in Ukraine, he would have either installed a puppet, or annexed it, but either way, the goods would still have flowed. He wants to sell, we want to buy. Trade would be the same, but geopolitics would not.

Such short memories.

LMFAO.

Go get your booster, retard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
So we should just encourage China to take Taiwan so that goods will continue to flow?

Hell no.

Don't see how empowering our enemies is a good thing for the US.

It's not. My point is that the Ukraine war is not about free trade. As you observe, it's about geopolitics. Putin wants Russia to control Ukraine, for the benefit of Putin's Russia.

Last edited by plumbum; 11/12/22.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Anybody that thinks what this administration is doing in Ukraine is for the military, strategic, benefit of the United States is a flat fugking idiot.

And you're the same fugking idiots that believe a cold can be vaccinated.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's not. My point is that the Ukraine war is not about free trade. As you observe, it's about geopolitics. Putin wants Russia to control Ukraine, for the benefit of Putin's Russia.
Then why are we giving arms & money to Ukraine?

Politics is War by Other Means
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by efw
Our ruling elites are the bad guys on the global stage. By that I mean our government and the oligarchs who control the companies that the government uses to keep us placated.

The only bad guys?

They are all cut from the same cloth. Ours are no worse than theirs.

But our system is better. So far.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Every American should be asking:

“What has improved since we we became involved with Ukraine.”

That’s what free thinking is. What Burns, magluia, and antelope sniper do is parrot the words of Karine Jean-Pierre.

Because they’re stupid.

Can you think past Ukraine?

What's the long game look like.

How much different would WWII have looked if the allies supported Czechoslovakia and stopped Hitler there?

The Ignorant one is you who believes Putin would have willingly stopped at the borders of Ukraine. Like Macgregor, you seem willing to let Russia have Ukraine, how about the rest of Europe. Should we just let them have everything behind the old Iron Curtain up to Berlin, or all of Europe, everything to the Atlantic Ocean?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

That’s what free thinking is. What Burns, magluia, and antelope sniper do is parrot the words of Karine Jean-Pierre.

Because they’re stupid.

How much different would WWII have looked if the allies supported Czechoslovakia and stopped Hitler there?

The Ignorant one is you who believes Putin would have willingly stopped at the borders of Ukraine. Like Macgregor, you seem willing to let Russia have Ukraine, how about the rest of Europe. Should we just let them have everything behind the old Iron Curtain up to Berlin, or all of Europe, everything to the Atlantic Ocean?
JFC

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sure thing, Karine.

Get your booster, Karine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
So we should just encourage China to take Taiwan so that goods will continue to flow?

Hell no.

Allowing a belligerent nation to invade it's neighbors to steal land and resource is a free trade issue.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Raferman

Because they’re stupid.

JFC

Unbelievable how stupid America's occupants have become.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Allowing a belligerent nation to invade it's neighbors to steal land and resource is a free trade issue.

LMAO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
opened this thinking it was about the lord of the rings or something !

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
The U.S is an Empire, not in the traditional sense, but we are a trading empire, much like the British Empire but one based on capitalism and the willing free flowing exchange of goods vs. one based on Mercantilism.
No, it's based on bribery and coercion through military occupation. Ain't nothing "free" about it except the funny money the Federal Reserve prints.

You're not completely wrong. Fear of Russian had a lot to do with it. We were on the way out of European affairs, reducing our military presence etc., until Russia stirred things up again pushing even more nations toward NATO.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Because they’re stupid.

What the fûck do I Joe Sixpack owe the fàggot and his ministers in Kiev? I know what Biden, Romney, et al owe them, at least partially.

I hope that whole fûcking country burns until they overthrow the crossdresser and install a legit government. Till then, I hope Russia burns it to the ground.

MAGA
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Raferman

Because they’re stupid.

JFC

Unbelievable how stupid America's occupants have become.

I find it interesting how you didn't give a direct answer to the question.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
The U.S is an Empire, not in the traditional sense, but we are a trading empire, much like the British Empire but one based on capitalism and the willing free flowing exchange of goods vs. one based on Mercantilism.
No, it's based on bribery and coercion through military occupation. Ain't nothing "free" about it except the funny money the Federal Reserve prints.

You're not completely wrong. Fear of Russian had a lot to do with it. We were on the way out of European affairs, reducing our military presence etc., until Russia stirred things up again pushing even more nations toward NATO.
And Russia was going to leave Ukraine alone until the United States fomented a couple coups in the Ukraine.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Oh fugking Jesus Christ.

How old are you? Three?

Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 49 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.