Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some things never change, and very few people remember stories of the massed charges of Chinese soldiers in Korea, with only one of every three carrying rifles. The other two were screaming and blowing bugles, and were supposed to retrieve the rifle from a fallen comrade and press on. A seemingly endless supply of troops would overrun American positions with sheer mass of numbers. My landlord for a time was a medic in Korea, and he said the machine gunners in his unit kept a stash of spare barrels and got really good at changing melted-down barrels in the middle of a firefight. Does anyone really think China wouldn't repeat that kind of tactics?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Still cheaper than a divorce, in the US.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by MAC
China has millions of surplus military aged males.

Surplus to marriage, yes. Not surplus to supporting the aged-out populace and working.

I don't think those bachelors are useless, just screwed. Figuratively frown

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
China has millions of surplus military aged males. When the next big shooting war happens that will make a huge difference because they can afford to take huge casualties that other nations cannot absorb. Numerical superiority is an often overlooked military tactic

Technology can offset numbers pretty significantly.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by MAC
China has millions of surplus military aged males. When the next big shooting war happens that will make a huge difference because they can afford to take huge casualties that other nations cannot absorb. Numerical superiority is an often overlooked military tactic

Technology can offset numbers pretty significantly.
No matter how good the technology, I really don't think silicone wives will ever offset the low number of available women.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by MAC

That's one argument.
From a big picture standpoint.

Big pictures are made of small components.

Those "surplus military aged males" are all the only son, only child, of
millions of Chinese couples.

When they start getting slaughtered, there better be a dam good reason.
And it better be able to be passed off as defending the homeland.

And that's the real problem. Chinese parents have not stomach for war since they have no "back up" kids. The loose the one and their family line is extinguished, forever.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MAC

That's one argument.

And that's the real problem. Chinese parents have not stomach for war since they have no "back up" kids. The loose the one and their family line is extinguished, forever.

So, as pointed out, what do you think the parents et al can do about it? They believe whatever their media tells them to believe, the media isn't ever going to tell them all, or even much truth, they have no effective weapons or organization, the leaders, army, police have all the power. "No stomach for war" - well who does? Except the ones who don't have to actually fight.

They ain't gonna do squat, even if they want to They are an enslaved nation, and we are getting there ourselves. Maybe we are already, most people just don't know it. The elites do, tho.

War is a very good way to test weapons, get rid of obsolete weaponry (or not so obsolete) lose population (easing economic stresses), stimulate the economy ( manufacturing new or replacement weapons, etc), and of course creating a crises to "unite the people" behind the government.

Last edited by las; 11/13/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MAC

That's one argument.

So, as pointed out, what do you think the parents et al can do about it? They believe whatever their media tells them to believe, the media isn't ever going to tell them all, or even much truth, they have no effective weapons or organization, the leaders, army, police have all the power. "No stomach for war" - well who does? Except the ones who don't have to actually fight.

They ain't gonna do squat, even if they want to They are an enslaved nation, and we are getting there ourselves. Maybe we are already, most people just don't know it. The elites do, tho.

War is a very good way to test weapons, lose population (easing economic stresses), stimulate the economy ( manufacturing weapons, etc),
and of course creating a crises to "unite the people" behind the government.

Google Lying Flat.

The the problems of the CCP are growing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've read in other places that many young Chinese men are going to other countries to find wives. Needless today, the young men in those countries are upset when foreign men come in to take away the available women, leaving them with a woman shortage.

Ha! I know from personal experience that Chinese men absolutely hate to see one of their gals with a White
Devil. We were at an art fair a few years back, and a Chinese artist wouldn’t even look at my wife when she spoke to him. Another mixed couple we met there said that happens to them all the time.

That old rule had exceptions based on ethnicity, location, and position. My wife has five brothers.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, the Chi-coms try to control everything that reaches their subjects, from information to goods. Ironically, the CCP appears to be VERY sensitive to displays of civil unhappiness. The government in China responds comparatively quickly to demonstrations, first by stomping on the demonstrators, but also by stomping on whatever/whomever created the discontent. The government acts like they do not have confidence that they can withstand any serious popular discontent.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dutch
Yes, the Chi-coms try to control everything that reaches their subjects, from information to goods. Ironically, the CCP appears to be VERY sensitive to displays of civil unhappiness. The government in China responds comparatively quickly to demonstrations, first by stomping on the demonstrators, but also by stomping on whatever/whomever created the discontent. The government acts like they do not have confidence that they can withstand any serious popular discontent.

One moment the Soviet Union was there. Then a slight stumble and within two weeks, shattered into fragments.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
To maintain the population, China needs those young men to be home raising families, not just being cannon fodder. The communist government screwed the pooch years ago with their 1 child policy. They apparently never thought that people would kill off their baby girls in order to have a son.

Wrong. These are young males without wives. They are surplus. You need to look at the population of China by gender. They have way more males than females and those will be cannon fodder. Engage your grey matter.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People in power fear nothing more than being powerless.
It is a drug, in many cases life. For the CCP, they know it literally
is their life. Power, or death.

No people are ever controlled. They yield power.
From the US of the past, to the Chinese.

Prisons, to schools.

Mussolini, to Gaddafi.

Large scale war would bring many hardships, couple that with
losing the entire family line, Momma ain't gonna be happy.

But we are all talking out out butts, based on our perceptions.
Context, real or propaganda, would rule.

The length of a conflict would matter a lot too.

Easy to get support for future action, losing the son is theory only.
And everyone thinks it will happen to someone else.
Let it simmer a few years, everyone seeing many families lose that son.
Every Mom living in terror of getting that news...

Who would have believed the "Domestic Vietnam" experience could play
out in 1959? The worst effects were isolated to a few cities and
colleges. Much of America never turned, but they did lose confidence
in leadership. As news from the protest areas kept coming, as the
number of lost and wounded young men grew, more and more
people started asking "Why".

The China of today isn't USA 1970.
It is much different than China 1970. The time past since the worst
hardships, the more recent economic successes, the loosening of
many controls, increased (but limited) access to information...

But here we are trying to predict the actions of a billion people 10,000
miles away. With as much expected accuracy as the know everything's who
spend hours telling us how a 1 hour football game will go.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The financial impact to America is just beginning...

I was pricing tires just last night... Oh boy!

18v tools two days ago... Fugg me...

Ordered screw-in valve stems 5 days ago... and my order was cancelled (no inventory).

Annual service on a 2022 Toyota... I know the guys very very well... Inventory is a total chitshow... like 2025 model chitshow on certain vehicles.

Stuff is about to get very real here... now that the midterms are over.

This ^^ x 100

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
To maintain the population, China needs those young men to be home raising families, not just being cannon fodder. The communist government screwed the pooch years ago with their 1 child policy. They apparently never thought that people would kill off their baby girls in order to have a son.

Wrong. These are young males without wives. They are surplus. You need to look at the population of China by gender. They have way more males than females and those will be cannon fodder. Engage your grey matter.

Then who supports their parents in old age?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nice pic Rock Chuck.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
So, I've read that the 1 child policy was about China prepping for war despite the social consequences. What better scenario than to have a surplus of fighting age males come go time?
Also, you think China has gender transitioning, tide pod eating and piss poor education standards for their citizens? Also, none of them, I've heard, had to take an mrna injection.
Whos playing chess and who's playing checkers?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum
I've read in other places that many young Chinese men are going to other countries to find wives. Needless today, the young men in those countries are upset when foreign men come in to take away the available women, leaving them with a woman shortage.

The Chinese are pretty proud of their ethnicity, and look down their noses on others. Citizenship is hard to get even if you marry a Chinese citizen. Those foreign brides will always be second-class.

I would not want to be a young man in China these days. The female demographics are bad.

The only relief I see is to invade another country and take their women. Mostly males will be killed but that should even up the odds a bit.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by cath8r
So, I've read that the 1 child policy was about China prepping for war despite the social consequences. What better scenario than to have a surplus of fighting age males come go time?
Also, you think China has gender transitioning, tide pod eating and piss poor education standards for their citizens? Also, none of them, I've heard, had to take an mrna injection.
Whos playing chess and who's playing checkers?

Preparing for war had nothing to do with it. They bought into the leftist overpopulation lie that we see today as the religion of global climate change.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their dictator does not care, he gets all the pouzzy he wants.

KB

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 23 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,048
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.