Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MARCEL
As stated earlier in the thread their latest agenda for making every holiday "woke" is to entirely wipe out Thanksgiving. They are already exercising the term FRIENDSGIVING and hoping it will take.

I'm down for every item except green bean casserole. WTF anyone would take a green bean, drown it in cream of mushroom condensed cat vomit, toss in some French's fried onions, then bake and serve that abomination is beyond me. Some poor bastard had to start that as a joke
Same w that nasty bird. Had to be a Democrat that started that dipschitt tradition.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
As stated earlier in the thread their latest agenda for making every holiday "woke" is to entirely wipe out Thanksgiving. They are already exercising the term FRIENDSGIVING and hoping it will take.

I'm down for every item except green bean casserole. WTF anyone would take a green bean, drown it in cream of mushroom condensed cat vomit, toss in some French's fried onions, then bake and serve that abomination is beyond me. Some poor bastard had to start that as a joke
Same w that nasty bird. Had to be a Democrat that started that dipschitt tradition.

I'm guessing Africa, seems every GD thing else comes from there 🤔

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm guessing Africa, seems every GD thing else comes from there 🤔
Even cranberry sauce and yeast rolls?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Wifey put me in turkey duty weeks ago wants a real one I been tied up lately 2 nice bucks come before turkeys.Lunch time getting to work today just to put the kids on the cheese wagon and check a trail cam for bucks.Turkeys gobbling like spring time 🙄I’m still in big buck mode.Long mtn butter ball will be delivered season goes out Friday.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The no seafood faction isn't coming this year. It's gonna be great. So far we've decided on shrimp creole, chargrilled oysters, west indies salad, oyster dressing , possibly a bird of some sort and homegrown meyer lemon pies. The only sides so far is crackers and hot sauce, but that'll change. It's been a while since I peeled shrimp and shucked oysters for thanksgiving. Good times ahead!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
The no seafood faction isn't coming this year. It's gonna be great. So far we've decided on shrimp creole, chargrilled oysters, west indies salad, oyster dressing , possibly a bird of some sort and homegrown meyer lemon pies. The only sides so far is crackers and hot sauce, but that'll change. It's been a while since I peeled shrimp and shucked oysters for thanksgiving. Good times ahead!
Time and address? Need me to bring anything?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Time and address? Need me to bring anything?

Come on down. Bring an extra cooler, we'll fill it up with fresh seafood and you can drop it off in Clarsksvegas on your way back. Slumlord and Ren50 would sure appreciate the effort. grin

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Not that I have anything against green beans in general, but I can do without the 'casserole' part. Everything else is a go.

I make my own cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries.

Wife does a cranberry chutney that's very good. Chit in the can, I think not. Agree with the casserole part.

Last edited by sidepass; 11/15/22.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by slumlord
I only can cite pumpkin pie as a NO out of that list

Smells AND looks like baby shît

Why isn't there a like button on the forums? It's what I want for Christmas. As to the post, I obviously agree with you.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sweet potato pie is so much better than pumpkin.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Lutefisk is literally poison. The schit absolutely reeks. Horrible food.

The smell is so foul I never did put any of it anywhere near my mouth.

I do miss her lefse, though... fresh and still warm with a bit of butter and cinnamon 🤤 Never seen it for sale anywhere around here, and the store bought stuff was never as good, anyway.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Maybe all the homos that dont like turkey would find this more appealing [Linked Image from pic8.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Families across the nation will soon seek out to grocery stores to begin preparing for a feast. However, one survey suggests there might be some items you want to keep out of the grocery cart.

The Vacationer, a website focused on all things travel, recently collaborated with SurveyMonkey to ask over 1,000 Americans which traditional Thanksgiving foods they disliked the most.

Surprisingly, the majority of those surveyed admitted that they hate turkey- which for some is the prototype of Thanksgiving food.

Most hated foods for Thanksgiving 2022:

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

The survey found the most disliked Thanksgiving food for 2022 goes to cranberry sauce with 30.51% of American adults saying they could do without it.
All that is cover for the hated advice delivered between bite of each dish.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I picked up a 10lb sack of sweet potatoes last week.

Going to be brown sugar, cinnamon, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes in Pyrex, of course pyrex

Deer wiped out my Georgia Jet SP vines this late summer. Tubers were only fingerlings.

You'll eat Sweet taters in Pyrex but Pumpkin Pie looks and smells like baby chit? smile

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pumpkin smells like puke/ass too

Not just the visual

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pumpkin smells like puke/ass too

Not just the visual
Better find a new chef.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No chef, it sucks, no one fixes it around here

My experience with it is from many sources, mess hall, school, church dinners, there is no Paula Deen that could make it to where I could stand it.

No need for gourds, squash, pumpkins

Feed that chit to hogs

Why bother with it when we already have pecan pie, apple pie, chess pie and coconut cake at the dinner?

I don’t believe I have a “chef” problem

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I Iike pumpkin pie, probably my favorite pie. It's a load though, very heavy and dense.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No chef, it sucks, no one fixes it around here

My experience with it is from many sources, mess hall, school, church dinners, there is no Paula Deen that could make it to where I could stand it.

No need for gourds, squash, pumpkins

Feed that chit to hogs

Why bother with it when we already have pecan pie, apple pie, chess pie and coconut cake at the dinner?

One of my Grandmother’s made good pumpkin pies. The other one’s pumpkin pies were nasty. Bout like Slum described.
It definitely not my favorite, but I’ll eat a small piece if that’s all that’s available. Sure as heck don’t crave it though. And would suit me fine if I never ate another piece.

My Mom made the best Pecan, Chocolate, Coconut Creme, and Peach and Apple Pies I’ve ever eaten anywhere. That’s what she always served at Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners, along with homemade German Chocolate Cake for those that didn’t like pie. All made from scratch. None of that canned or box mixes.
I don’t ever recall her making a pumpkin pie ever in my life.
Guess it depends on what you were raised on. Fortunately, I was raised on the good stuff. Pecan & Peach Pies are still my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve never had anything as good as the ones Mom made.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/16/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All you need is lard and butter

The secret is out

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,476
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.