Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 43 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 42 43
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Do you think Walt Berger had me write the VLD hunting section in his loading manual because of my extensive understanding of ARs?

I have seen your writing here. I hope to high fugk Walter has a good editor.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
LOL.

Does that look like an AR Wayne was shooting?

Do you think Walt Berger had me write the VLD hunting section in his loading manual because of my extensive understanding of ARs?

I have been a pioneer on LR shooting game for 3 decades.
Extensive understanding of AR’s?!
I spent 10 minutes watching a YouTube vid to put together a stripped lower with a LPK.
I’ve seen 150 pc. puzzles that are twice as hard to put together.
You’re a pioneer of drunken retard Internet forum posts.

Guys like you keep things running at Wyoming Arms.

Jeff keeps Wyo Arms running. No way your gross sales come remotely close to covering your operating costs.
You work at ChikFila on the side to pay the electric bill at your trailer?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

No.

I think you bought your way into it, or gave him free hunts or merchandise, in order ta be associated with somebody that's actually competent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many names do you drop per post on Average?
Kyle….Walt…..Wayne…..Mikey G……. What a Fugkin loser.

Jerry Miculek ring a bell just for starters

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I have seen your writing here. I hope to high fugk Walter has a good editor.

Buy the manual.

Not a word was changed because I am the VLD WIZARD on game.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
LOL.

Manta.com?

Buzzfile? https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Wyoming-Arms-LLC-307-578-8821
Jeff’s the owner. John the alcoholic laborer.

With $40k in gross income, tater head hasta rent a space inside a real business.

The buzz numbers are for the real business.

The manta numbers are just enough ta keep a body in Nyquil.

LOL.

Manta.com?

$226,403 in gross revenues. I’ll be extremely generous and say 20% profit margin so $45,280.60 net profit.
5 employees? Median income in Cody Wy. is $32,027/year.
I didn’t attend the Wharton School of Business, but…….

What kinda jealous loser do you have to be to attack a guy about his business or income?

The last resort of the slanderer. All who happen to be so sackless, they use anonymous handles on this board so they can hide.

[bleep] pathetic. Love to see what happens with everyone in one room. 👍🏼

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
LOL.

Manta.com?

With $40k in gross income, tater head hasta rent a space inside a real business.

LOL.

Manta.com?

$226,403 in gross revenues. I’ll be extremely generous and say 20% profit margin so $45,280.60 net profit.

What kinda jealous loser do you have to be to attack a guy about his business or income?

The last resort of the slanderer. All who happen to be so sackless, they use anonymous handles on this board so they can hide.

Reckon it’d be about the same. At minimum

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On a happy note, here’s some damn good cookies

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
LOL.

Manta.com?

LOL.

Manta.com?

👍🏼

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On a happy note, here’s some damn good cookies

Jerry Miculek makes some great cookies from a recipe John Burns gave him.

Or so I heard.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just cause it's funnsies.

Originally Posted by Eric Stecker Berger Bullets
History of the Match Grade Berger Hunting VLD

By Eric Stecker

The story of the Berger Hunting VLD is a story of discovery rather than design. The VLD bullet design was created by ballistician Bill Davis. Bill’s goal was to produce a bullet design that performed better in the wind than the 30 cal 168 gr SMK. He was asked to do this by the US 300 meter shooting team, who had discovered that they were losing points late in the match due to recoil fatigue. They wanted a lighter bullet (less recoil) that would still fly with the same or better trajectory.

After Bill came up with the design he went to Walt Berger to make the bullets. Walt understood the vision of this concept and even though this bullet required a faster twist barrel than was readily available, Walt decided he would make these bullets. They were a huge success in that they had a much better trajectory than the 168 gr SMK, so the goal of this particular project was achieved and surpassed.

Slowly but surely word started to get out about the VLD concept. Shooters who cared about trajectories started ordering barrels and over the next several years the VLD popularity grew rapidly. From the beginning and to this day Berger Bullets makes only match grade bullets. For a very long time Sierra Bullets has communicated the message that you cannot hunt game with match bullets since this is true with their MatchKings. Since the Berger VLD is a match grade bullet, Walt Berger took the same position and recommended that shooter should not hunt with the match grade Berger VLD.

Over the years we would get reports from hunters who used the Berger VLD to take game of all sizes. We dismissed these reports as the exception rather than the rule and would tell these hunters that we do not recommend that they use them to hunt. Through the 90’s we tested several different concepts for a Berger “hunting” bullet, which had to meet two criteria. The first is that it had to retain at least 80% of its weight (since this was the conventional wisdom at the time), and the second was that it had to be capable of ¼ MOA in an equally capable rifle. We were not successful in meeting both goals in any of our tests.

As the century turned, we had all but given up on the notion that we could make a “hunting” bullet which was also match grade. In 2005 everything changed. While attending the SHOT Show we were approached by John Burns, who at the time was with The Best of the West TV show. He asked if we would be interested in sponsoring their hunting show. Walt replied “we don’t make a hunting bullet”. John’s response was, “Oh yes you do.”

John pulled out a portable DVD player and showed us 45 minutes of bang flop after bang flop. Being a long time hunter Walt was very impressed with how quickly the game was dropping in each of the hits. John relayed that each animal was taken with Berger VLD match grade bullets and that he’d taken or watched personally hundreds of big game taken with Berger VLD’s over the years.

Obviously, this got our attention, but we were not ready to jump in with both feet without personally testing this report and observing the results we’d been shown. Over the next year numerous tests were done in media using every caliber and every VLD bullet in our line. The results were consistent and led us to decide to try them on game ourselves. In 6 months we either shot or personally witnessed over 50 animals of various size being taken with the Berger VLD. Each animal acted in the same way as the animals in the video John showed us at the SHOT Show.

Sorta explains why Hornady sent me the first hunting ammo for the 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/15/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burns, your humility is your most endearing trait.

Last edited by Higginez; 11/15/22.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

By Eric Stecker

The story of the Berger Hunting VLD is a story of discovery rather than design. The VLD bullet design was created by ballistician Bill Davis. Bill’s goal was to produce a bullet design that performed better in the wind than the 30 cal 168 gr SMK. He was asked to do this by the US 300 meter shooting team, who had discovered that they were losing points late in the match due to recoil fatigue. They wanted a lighter bullet (less recoil) that would still fly with the same or better trajectory.

After Bill came up with the design he went to Walt Berger to make the bullets. Walt understood the vision of this concept and even though this bullet required a faster twist barrel than was readily available, Walt decided he would make these bullets. They were a huge success in that they had a much better trajectory than the 168 gr SMK, so the goal of this particular project was achieved and surpassed.

Slowly but surely word started to get out about the VLD concept. Shooters who cared about trajectories started ordering barrels and over the next several years the VLD popularity grew rapidly. From the beginning and to this day Berger Bullets makes only match grade bullets. For a very long time Sierra Bullets has communicated the message that you cannot hunt game with match bullets since this is true with their MatchKings. Since the Berger VLD is a match grade bullet, Walt Berger took the same position and recommended that shooter should not hunt with the match grade Berger VLD.

Over the years we would get reports from hunters who used the Berger VLD to take game of all sizes. We dismissed these reports as the exception rather than the rule and would tell these hunters that we do not recommend that they use them to hunt. Through the 90’s we tested several different concepts for a Berger “hunting” bullet, which had to meet two criteria. The first is that it had to retain at least 80% of its weight (since this was the conventional wisdom at the time), and the second was that it had to be capable of ¼ MOA in an equally capable rifle. We were not successful in meeting both goals in any of our tests.

As the century turned, we had all but given up on the notion that we could make a “hunting” bullet which was also match grade. In 2005 everything changed. While attending the SHOT Show we were approached by John Burns, who at the time was with The Best of the West TV show. He asked if we would be interested in sponsoring their hunting show. Walt replied “we don’t make a hunting bullet”. John’s response was, “Oh yes you do.”

John pulled out a portable DVD player and showed us 45 minutes of bang flop after bang flop. Being a long time hunter Walt was very impressed with how quickly the game was dropping in each of the hits. John relayed that each animal was taken with Berger VLD match grade bullets and that he’d taken or watched personally hundreds of big game taken with Berger VLD’s over the years.

Obviously, this got our attention, but we were not ready to jump in with both feet without personally testing this report and observing the results we’d been shown. Over the next year numerous tests were done in media using every caliber and every VLD bullet in our line. The results were consistent and led us to decide to try them on game ourselves. In 6 months we either shot or personally witnessed over 50 animals of various size being taken with the Berger VLD. Each animal acted in the same way as the animals in the video John showed us at the SHOT Show.

Sorta explains why Hornady sent me the first hunting ammo for the 6.5mm Creedmoor.

You approached Berger, they didn’t approach you.
Congrats? LMFAO! What a loser.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez

Or so I heard.

Jerry has cooked me breakfast in hunting camp.

So I got than going for me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Or so I heard.

Jack…

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
LOL.

Manta.com?

LOL.

Manta.com?

Sweetheart, the last thing you’d ever want is to be in the same room with me running your lips.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/15/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

By Eric Stecker

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Or so I heard.

Probably the only way your broke ass could get a decent meal, congrats? Laffin!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

Manta.com?

LOL.

Manta.com?

Sweetheart, the last thing you’d ever want is to be in the same room with me running your lips.

We can make it happen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You approached Berger, they didn’t approach you.
Congrats? LMFAO! What a loser.

I quite litterally changed the entire hunting bullet market.

All bullet makers offer High BC hunting designs because I convinced Berger to promote the VLD as a hunting bullet.

WIZARD.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Other than Rick cooking you breakfast in bed the “morning after”. A talented tongue has its perks.

Page 34 of 43 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.