Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Makes sense. Thanks

I might have to try one on an ARC I’m building. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
It's $129.00 and I can't keep them in stock.

Dang... y'all sure do seem busy as hell...

Are those tumbleweeds in the parking lot?

Hard to tell at this resolution...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Truth is John... I do wish you well... real and genuine success.

Something went wrong along the way I reckon... booze maybe? Don't know.

I hope ya get your chit together before whatever it is kills you...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darryle
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What are you complaining about?
You got 7 screws to hold it on for your money! laugh
That's premium!

7 is like a lucky number for fasteners.

Well, that and I tried it on a number of upper/handguard combos, no dice unless I wanted to leave one screw out, it looked dicy with just 6 screws, I was afraid my Simmons Aetec wouldn't hold zero
Be thankful. This saved you from a dumb idea.

If you want a rail like that, get one from White Oak, mount it on the receiver like you're supposed to and put some forward-offset rings on it to get eye relief.

Personally, I'd check the spacing & height specs on some +2" or +3" cantilever mounts and find one that fits your scope.

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That's premium!

Well, that and I tried it on a number of upper/handguard combos, no dice unless I wanted to leave one screw out, it looked dicy with just 6 screws, I was afraid my Simmons Aetec wouldn't hold zero

If you want a rail like that, get one from White Oak, mount it on the receiver like you're supposed to and put some forward-offset rings on it to get eye relief.

Personally, I'd check the spacing & height specs on some +2" or +3" cantilever mounts and find one that fits your scope.

Depending on the scope... a PEPR is a pretty good solution IMHO...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I hate to interrupt the bashing to get back to the OP's question, but I'm interested too. Is the reticle bold enough for quick shooting? I see the scope is SFP.

Yes, it's plenty bold enough for quick shooting.............in fact, that's it's forte, IMO.

It's not a great scope for 600 yard shooting with a fine reticle & at the ranges & for it's intended use, SFP is more than fine.

Eye relief is adequate, not great............not a really great eyebox, but fine & useable for most normal folks; mine is mounted about even with the rear of the charging handle & works just fine.

MM

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's premium!

LOL.

So your handguard was out of spec for slot spacing.

Airsoft chinese stuff will bite you in the ass.

Send it back and I will refund your money if it's in new condition.

I will post picture of it on in spec uppers/rails just for funnies. grin

Burns, up until that post I gave you the benefit of doubt thinking you couldn't be that big of a douche, well, I was wrong, Aero Precision builds, M4E1 and M5E1 uppers with either the enhanced handguards or R-One/S-One handguard, didn't fit a one.

Honestly, I was warned before I bought it that I would be disappointed, I guess the ARF crowd was right about it and you.

So, before you trash my builds, how about you actually handle one, unlike you, I actually have your [bleep] product in my possession, taking up space in my toolbox. There's hope though, it looks like it would make a great doorstop on the shop.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's premium!

I use Aero or Warne Cantilever mounts, just thought I'd try to share a Nightforce between a bolt and an AR, dumb idea.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain
LOL.
So your handguard was out of spec for slot spacing.
Airsoft chinese stuff will bite you in the ass.
Send it back and I will refund your money if it's in new condition.

I will post picture of it on in spec uppers/rails just for funnies. grin

Better make sure he takes payments of 4 easy installments. $79 is a lot of coin.
LOL

It's $129.00 and I can't keep them in stock.

I think we have another run off the CNCs and on the way to anodize.

I can turn his in an hour if he has not ruined it.

Funny thing is it will go on any in spec rail, every time.

I don't expect him to actually return it. He just wants to bitch because he buys Airsoft chiniesium parts.

I will put it in the mail, no airsoft here, good to know Aero isn't spec

Edit: If anyone here was seriously considering one of these or actually wanted to see one up close and personal, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just drop me a PM with your address.

I damn sure don't need his money and I have pissed away more on more ridiculous chit with wild ass claims.

F' Puddin Burns

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Burns, up until that post I gave you the benefit of doubt thinking you couldn't be that big of a douche, well, I was wrong, Aero Precision builds, M4E1 and M5E1 uppers with either the enhanced handguards or R-One/S-One handguard, didn't fit a one.

Honestly, I was warned before I bought it that I would be disappointed, I guess the ARF crowd was right about it and you.

So, before you trash my builds, how about you actually handle one, unlike you, I actually have your [bleep] product in my possession, taking up space in my toolbox. There's hope though, it looks like it would make a great doorstop on the shop.

LOL.

I have handled many Aero handguards and they are out of spec with the upper spacing.

Put the riser on just the rail and you will see the spacing is right on the riser.

It won't bridge because Aero didn't correctly continue spacing from the upper to the handguards.

If you come here to bash my products don't be suprised when you get your nose rubbed in your pooh.

So now tell the class the truth that the riser fits on either the upper or the handguard but won't bridge because of Aero out of spec spacing.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is there actually a published spec for rail spacing? Who would be the authority on that spec?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scoony
Is there actually a published spec for rail spacing? Who would be the authority on that spec?

Yes.

Pic rail specs

The issues is dummies like above buy rails that don't continue the slot spacing from the upper.

In other words the slot spacing on the rail by itself is fine but is not in time with the slot spacing of the upper.

Aero does this for some unexplained reason while the vast majority of quality manufacturers follow the Mil Spec and time slot spacing to the upper.

The dummy above never took the time to see that my riser is in spec but instead bitched because his setup was out of spec.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
That's premium!

I use Aero or Warne Cantilever mounts, just thought I'd try to share a Nightforce between a bolt and an AR, dumb idea.

Weaver makes a 20 moa cantilevered riser that seems pretty nice. Only has two fasteners though. May not be as stout as other options. I used one on a 6 arc range toy and like it fine for that purpose. So far it hasn't given me any trouble, anyway.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0002999675/ar15-20-moa-flat-top-riser-rail-matte

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where did Darryle the dipschiet go of to?

Is he counting pic rail slots?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

This is your idea of getting smashed?

Wow, your definition of smashed needs an update.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could get a PRI single-throw lever riser and swap out the entire scope/rings/base assembly for the same price as John's POS.
And it's cantilevered too, so you get more flexibility in mounting without that bad idea of spanning the float tube.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Puddin, any links to top tier operators posting on the web about hanging out with you?

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a whole lotta options for risers, most much cheaper than Johnny MIC'Gutshot's contraption.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Wyoming-Arms-Optic-Riser/18-772837/ laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is your idea of getting smashed?

Wow, your definition of smashed needs an update.

Yet the optics riser is in spec and your AR is out of spec but you were to dumb to figure it out.

Good Smash.

In spec riser on in spec upper/handguard.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/17/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are we no longer talking about the whopping 2.3 inches of eye relief at 4X on the SWFA 1-4?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 25 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.