Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I attended UI as a grad student from 2014-2016. A couple years prior, a grad teacher got jealous that the student he was hooking up with broke up with him, and shot her about a dozen times with a 45 before shooting himself. While I was there, a kid went on a shooting spree and killed his foster parents, then dove through the drive through of a local Arbys shooting at someone else. Christmas of 2015 I believe. It’s a sleepy little town but they’ve had their fair share of odd gruesome [bleep] lately.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
krem2 Spokane tv

Here's what Moscow police know at this time:

On Saturday evening, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were at a party on campus, away from the crime scene. Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves were at a bar and came home at approximately 1:45 a.m. on Sunday morning.

Police responded to a report of an unconscious person at a house near campus just before noon on Sunday.

When police arrived, they found the four victims and two other people, both uninjured, who lived in the home.

The victims had all been stabbed with a knife.

Officers found no sign of forced entry into the residence. When the police arrived, the door was still open.

There was no attempt at a robbery.

Officers continue to reiterate that this was an isolated, targeted attack
There is no suspect at this time. Police also said they could no longer say there was no threat to the community.

The roommates of the victims were in the home at the time of the attack and were not hurt.

What police do not know:

An accurate timeline of where the victims were before their deaths.

The location of the suspect or the weapon.

If the victims were killed with the same weapon.

Why the two other roommates were not injured.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by marksman1941
While I was there, a kid went on a shooting spree and killed his foster parents, then dove through the drive through of a local Arbys shooting at someone else. Christmas of 2015 I believe. It’s a sleepy little town but they’ve had their fair share of odd gruesome [bleep] lately.

That's another one that evaded the Moscow PD.

He (29 year old, John Lee) was arrested in a combination effort by deputies in Whitman County Washington and Washington State Patrol officers.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by marksman1941
While I was there, a kid went on a shooting spree and killed his foster parents, then dove through the drive through of a local Arbys shooting at someone else. Christmas of 2015 I believe. It’s a sleepy little town but they’ve had their fair share of odd gruesome [bleep] lately.

That's another one that evaded the Moscow PD.

He (29 year old, John Lee) was arrested in a combination effort by deputies in Whitman County Washington and Washington State Patrol officers.

One of my professors was on the moscow PD. Judging by him at the very least, i'm not surprised at the ineptitude shown there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My cousin's son goes there. Have worked with a few mining engineering grads from there. Hope they figure it out.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This makes about the same amount of sense as the Pelosi attacker case. And I guarantee some media outlets and PD got paid a nice sum of "non-disclosure" hush money in that case.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I first pulled up the article the apartment looked like my wife's apartment from when we were students there back in the early 2000s. Same siding and trim color. It wasn't after I looked closer, but creeped me out for a second.

Way more questions than answers on this one. I feel terrible for the family's having to suffer with limited information. Horrible.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone Ka-Bar brand knives, which are also known as K bar knives.

Ka-Bar, of Olean, New York, manufactures military-grade blades that were originally designed for use by American troops in World War II.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-investigation-narrows-search-combat-213848743.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by persiandog
Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone Ka-Bar brand knives, which are also known as K bar knives.

Ka-Bar, of Olean, New York, manufactures military-grade blades that were originally designed for use by American troops in World War II.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-investigation-narrows-search-combat-213848743.html

"military grade" shocked eek laugh

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Lol more media bullshit, what exactly is a Rambo style knife?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from blademag.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Pretty bizarre for sure and a lot of it doesn’t make sense.

Further down in the state around the Boise area, police are digging up a backyard looking for a little 6 year old boy that disappeared over a year ago. Not the family backyard either. Parents must be heartbroken.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...277-8c51373d-725d-4185-a6cb-f614a04c344f

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The uniqueness they may be searching for could be the serrations along the spine of knife used.
Possibly wounds may indicate that type of blade could have been used.

Serrated spines are often seen on knives some refer to as Ka-bar survival type knives.

[Linked Image from esaleknives.com]

Damascus Kabar – Survival Ka-bar Knife HK-04

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I was not aware KaBar knives had serrations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One can buy a "Rambo" or Ka-Bar type survival knife of questionable quality in many convenience stores, pawn shops, "outdoor" stores etc all around the Country.

I might not want one for true survival purposes, but if one was used it appears to have been somewhat functional.,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Uh, maybe, just maybe one of the two survivors called and reported that the second survivor was unconscious?

I know it's a stretch being a house full of college kids and all but ya think drugs and alcohol use just might have played a part in this?

???
I am not following you here.

Why report that someone is unconscious but neglect to mention the 4 dead bodies in the same residence?

I didn't read the story that stated the caller neglected to mention other victims or 4 dead bodies at the residence.

I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not but most all articles claim that someone called the authorities to report an unconscious person and when officers responded to the location they found the 4 bodies and 2 unhurt roommates.

That infers someone (maybe one of the unharmed roommates, maybe not) called to report the unresponsive person but when officers responded they found the 4 bodies too (or maybe, instead of). That tells me whomever made the call neglected to mention the bodies.

It is a bizzare and absolutely terrible situation, regardless.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Some ka bars have serrations half blade some don't....but a lot of knives have serrations, belly and back. I like the way the media stereotypes as usual. USMC K Bars pretty sure have 7" blade, not a 6" Rambo knife as reported by Fox...hardly qualifies as a "Rambo" type bowie. Let's get more and more sensational at the expense of grieving, heart broken parents, brothers and sisters.

What makes them think it was a K Bar for all you Sherlock types?

"an armed society is a polite society"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Some ka bars have serrations half blade some don't....but a lot of knives have serrations, belly and back. I like the way the media stereotypes as usual. USMC K Bars pretty sure have 7" blade, not a 6" Rambo knife as reported by Fox...hardly qualifies as a "Rambo" type bowie. Let's get more and more sensational at the expense of grieving, heart broken parents, brothers and sisters.

What makes them think it was a K Bar for all you Sherlock types?

Page 5 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.