Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a dishwashing position open for them. Any of them. And believe it or not, it starts at 18.$ an hour. Provided they can keep pace and take my direction.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You are vermin the private sector and capitalism will find a way you cuck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure Musk has a master plan or he is just enjoying driving the liberals insane.

about 50% of twitter is posts about twitter.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He effectively tells you union [bleep] to [bleep] off

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Did any of those woke, social justice warriors at Twitter ever accomplish something like this?

SpaceX
https://www.youtube.com/c/SpaceX/videos

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now Elon knows who the workers are, and they know what is expected.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I ain’t got on the gunboards much lately but this graygohst guy seem to post drive by stuff like this alot. What kind of dumb lefty homo is this guy?

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
He is keeping his two most valuable employees Ligma and Johnson[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 months severance?

I've always worked, never been a paper pusher, so I've always
been less than....
Damn sure never been in the position of deciding if I want to
do my job, or quit.
With the reward for quitting being 3 months off...paid.

Elon is wasting big bucks there.

In the blue collar world it is
"Hey [bleep]'ers, knees and elbows or asses out the door! Goodbye and
good riddance!"

Especially around here up untill the last few years.
You needed a hook for even crappy jobs, and they could replace you
faster than you could drive home.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know much about business...I'm just a white trash fishing guide.

But I know that you don't win big without betting big.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Smart move. The ones that stay really want a job, and the ones that apply from this point on will too. He knows you can go into a situation like that hard, and eventually lighten up, but not the other way around.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That boy didn't get rich by playing it safe. That's what poor people do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Perfect representation of late millennials & Gen Z'ers & part of why the country may not recover.

Big part of why the Demons got the votes they did last week.

This is a very good article & worth the few minutes to read it & let it sink in

MM

Why Did Gen Z Turn Out to Vote for the DemonRats Against Their Own Interest

Why Did Gen Z Turn Out To Vote For Democrats And Against Their Own Interests?

BY: AUGUSTE MEYRAT

NOVEMBER 16, 2022

There’s plenty of blame to go around for the disappointing results of the last week’s election: the current post-Covid rules (or lack thereof) for voting, mismanaged ballot collection and counting, Republican leadership, and American voters. Naturally, all of these factors played a role in helping a party that has failed on multiple fronts to stay securely in power.

However, one major reason for Democrats winning was Gen Z voters coming out in large numbers to vote for them — though this was not quite as big a reason as Democrats believe. This cohort was responsible for electing cognitively impaired man-child John Fetterman and incompetent shrew Kathy Hochul as well as reelecting Covid tyrant Gretchen Whitmer. Less unsurprisingly, they’re also responsible for supporting the legalization of marijuana and expanding abortion.

Why did these young people feel motivated enough to go and vote against their interests and keep the country on a downward trajectory? Do they like rising crime, high inflation, mass illegal immigration, homeless encampments, high gas prices, and a shrinking economy? Did they really think Biden would pay off their student loans? Are they just brainwashed zombies who comply with the narratives of TikTok?

Based on my extensive experience as an English teacher, I would say that yes, the average Gen Z American is largely indifferent to important issues that affect the country, even ones that affect their general quality of life. Every day, I witness their lack of reasoning skills and personal drive. This in turn causes them to be disturbingly introverted and handle most of their interactions with people through social media. Many have no real community or deep-seated beliefs and act more on feelings than principle.

Instead, they spend most of their waking life on the internet, consuming mindless content and dreaming up fake personas for themselves. And as a result, they are largely immature, lonely, and neurotic.

This much is argued by writer and former English professor Mark Bauerlein, who writes that Gen Z, “will be the most conformist cohort in American history, already favoring cancellation more than any other age group, and politics will be a primary mode of grouping.” This generation is told what to think by various online influencers, and they passively comply. Because of screen addiction, they will never learn to think or act for themselves, nor will they ever really want to.

The propagandizing effect of heavy social media usage cannot be overstated. For young people, nearly every narrative and social phenomenon now originate from the internet. This means that it’s the dumb and disturbed “influencers” online, not parents or teachers, informing this next generation about politics, economics, and culture. And the algorithms of popular social media sites are designed to curate and amplify this same defective messaging a million times over. The subversive effect on people with still-developing frontal cortexes is not all that different from the “Ludivico technique” in “A Clockwork Orange” in which criminals are forcibly bombarded with images and music in order to condition them against misconduct.

Why is Gen Z so glued to their screens? Two friends and fellow teacher-writers Jeremy Adams and Shane Trotter have examined this question in depth. In his book “Hollowed Out,” Adams argues how the breakdown of family, schools, and the culture at large has left today’s young people morally and intellectually adrift:

Not working? Not supporting oneself? Playing video games all day on somebody else’s dime? Not feeling a crumb of shame about it — even describing such a state as happy? That is hollowness.

The many norms and standards (these things that would “fill in” a person) that used to be reinforced by their parents, pastors, teachers, politicians, entertainers, and artists simply aren’t anymore. Should it surprise people that the kids carelessly withdraw from the world and play on their phones?

In Trotter’s book “Setting the Bar,” he attributes the failures of Gen Z to low standards and a permissive parenting culture that coddles kids:

The typical modern youth experience — from the school environment, to the parenting norms, to the broader cultural value structure — is ingraining limiting beliefs and destructive habits that leave our kids ill-equipped for the challenges that lie ahead of them.

No one challenges the kids, so they grow up soft and slow, making them the perfect sheep to be manipulated en masse.

Adams and Trotter demonstrate how circumstances have turned many Zoomers into sad, confused individuals doomed to have an impoverished adulthood. Instead of receiving lessons on independence, critical thinking, and disciplined living, too many of them are protected from all forms of adversity and given an iPad to keep them pacified. This treatment insulates them so much from reality that they never come to know themselves and are bored to the point of despair.

Ironically, understanding this dark reality may be the key to generational reform. True, it might be easy to agree with Bauerlein that Gen Z is hopeless and will probably bring the rest of the nation down with them, but this theory assumes that the Gen Z lifestyle is actually sustainable. The students in my classes all share a natural desire to be better people. I do what I can to offer them a way out; that is, I talk to them and push them to do more. At first, they resist and resort to their phone for comfort but this attitude changes when they feel the profound joy of actually learning and accomplishing something.

Conservatives can shake their heads at today’s young adults refusing to grow up, or they can actually try to reach these kids. It’s not like they want to be lonely, ignorant, or “neurodivergent.” And most, if they’re being honest, don’t want to be slaves to their smartphones. Rather, like everyone else, they want goodness, beauty, and truth. They want loving relationships, authentic experiences, and some degree of mastery over their emotions and impulses. Above all, they want meaning.

If they have those things, then they will stop voting for corrupt mediocrities and suicidal social policies. More importantly, they will stop wasting away their lives on frivolity and enjoy a fruitful and fulfilling adulthood. Although election results are technically a political matter, what they reveal about voters is a cultural and moral one. We should treat this midterm as the Gen Z cry for help. It’s time for us to go out and save them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Montana Man,

Don't disagree one bit, but have 1 point.

All these older people running down youngsters.....
People have not changed in centuries, their environment has changed.
More importantly their raising has hugely changed.

100+ years ago our grand parents were no different than today's youngest
kids. But by 3 they actually saw Mom and Dad toiling on the farm. Or coming home filthy from the mines. Not, Dad getting out of the car wearing khaki shorts and a fancy shirt. Or Mom playing on the computer for 4 intermittent hours a day.

At 5 our grandparent wanted to be a spoiled, lazy, smart ass. But he had to gather eggs and feed the chickens (properly) or get his ass beat.

Have mid to older teenagers, their friend's parents tell how it cost too much
for them to drive 40 miles total to work 4 hours. So they don't. Or the
parents brag that THEIR kids will never work as long as they are in school.
"They are gonna work their whole life, let them enjoy being a kid."

Then they wonder why the little F'ers are 48, and living off Dad.
(Wait, that was US Senator Fettermman. Now my age. We ain't Gen Z)

Last night, tonight, 15 year old Daughter will work after school until 7 or 8.
Legally can't work past 7😉. Almost 30 hours this week, again, questionably legal. Christmas is coming and she wants extra hours to buy gifts. Ain't no magic in birth years, no magic in raising kids.
Treat them as adults, making allowances for abilities. They will
perform, if performance is expected.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be a impressive entry on the departing employees resumes,

'I left my employment with Twitter because I was told I had to show up and work hard'.

They'll all have .gov jobs in a heartbeat.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I would work for him.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Remember when Musk started that little company called SpaceX? Everyone doubted him and said he would fail. Musk kept at it hiring engineers from right under NASA and the big aerospace companies. Years later Space x lands contracts to launch satellites and classified military payloads. Last even NASA gave him contracts for their own work. Do not count him out just yet. Twitter was over staffed and under government/political control by big money donors in the form of advertising contracts. All of that is no gone with half of their political agenda work force. The vacuum has emptied and now we see how it refills and what that will look like. So, do not count Musk out just yet!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Steve
I thought communism was Jewish propaganda. It's so confusing.

Communism is a social system invented by Jews to protect International Jewry. They work relentlessly to install it in every country that hosts them, and among the many tools they use to do that is propaganda.

Have you ever read the book? Or do you just innately "know" what it's about?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.