Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Most large corporation, at least the ones that do well on the stock market demand a lot of their employees. Not sure what the big deal is about having to work hard and do a good job. Pretty much what most people have to do. You sure as hell have to if you own a small business.

I retired from a large industrial tech company, 120k employees. They demanded a lot out of everybody, but if you work hard and try to do a good job it’s not a big deal. Many people in the work force in this day and time can’t perform simple tasks because of they are to wrapped up in everything from worrying to much about diversity or if they guy in the cube next to them voted for Donald Trump.

All Elon musk is trying to do is cut out all the BS and get people back to work.

The people with good sense will embrace the changes, work hard and if the company is successful more than likely have a job for as long as they want to work. It’s really pretty simple.

He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. Now you have gone off the deep end and landed in a pile of your own bullschit. From his very first Tweed jokingly said, "Maybe I will buy Twitter" Twitter was all a buzz attacking him and his free speech comments. The Media and the Democrats jumped all over his schit as well. The hostile environment came directly from the Twitter Board, Twitter Employees and the Media with one simple little tweet. Once he decided to get serious, the hostility towards him grew exponentially.
You retarded comment is akin to saying that Trump riding down the escalator and announcing his run for President was to intentionally cause a hostile environment

He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Greyghost
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?

Your rejection of Capitalism is on full display.

You 'work" for me, I "pay" you to perform a job.

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Nov. 16: Musk demands 'hardcore' work culture. Dorsey's 'nope'

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

— Gergely Orosz (@GergelyOrosz) November 16, 2022

To bad this "work ethic first" attitude is void in the Union Member, members at ALL ages.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
He shoulda just gone through every employees Twitter profile & fired every one who has pronouns listed.

That’d be a good start

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Telling employees they need to work hard is not anyone's definition of creating a hostile work environment.
I am sure Musk has looked at the data and determined that most were lazy and worthless. My guess is 20% of the employees do +90% of the work.
Bottom line for any company is that employees have to produce or the business gets shut down.
All the Bubba's know that. Except one in "God's Country" that is....

Publicly firing the upper management on a podcast, laying off 5000 employees within weeks of the purchase and then having to ask some to come back because they didn't bother to determine whether they were valuable or not, making employees come into the office after working remote for no apparent reason, making people sign a loyalty agreement stating they will work hard and work overtime (like they weren't before, giving the employees the impression that Musk does not respect them at all), and making all of this very public creates a hostile work environment. I am sure that there was allot of useless fat that needed to be trimmed but making everyone feel like useless fat creates a hostile environment.

2 Kings 2:23-24
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by efw
He shoulda just gone through every employees Twitter profile & fired every one who has pronouns listed.

That’d be a good start

Maybe he did

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Telling employees they need to work hard is not anyone's definition of creating a hostile work environment.
I am sure Musk has looked at the data and determined that most were lazy and worthless. My guess is 20% of the employees do +90% of the work.
Bottom line for any company is that employees have to produce or the business gets shut down.

Publicly firing the upper management on a podcast, laying off 5000 employees within weeks of the purchase and then having to ask some to come back because they didn't bother to determine whether they were valuable or not, making employees come into the office after working remote for no apparent reason, making people sign a loyalty agreement stating they will work hard and work overtime (like they weren't before, giving the employees the impression that Musk does not respect them at all), and making all of this very public creates a hostile work environment. I am sure that there was allot of useless fat that needed to be trimmed but making everyone feel like useless fat creates a hostile environment.

It’s what workers know about themselves that make them feel like useless fat.
Suck it up buttercups. Isn’t that what they are telling the energy sector workers who keep our lites on and homes warm?

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Osky

It’s what workers know about themselves that make them feel like useless fat.
Suck it up buttercups. Isn’t that what they are telling the energy sector workers who keep our lites on and homes warm?

Osky

...and to Learn to Code

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
/quote]

You poor soul. Perhaps you and those exiting Twitter employees need some breastmilk to ease your pain.
That and a shrink....
But they can also go learn how to shovel coal or flip hamburgers....

As for me, I gotta get back to my high stress IT job so my productivity does not suffer.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 11/18/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
bubba the sock puppet

mommy, tell me I'm special again

They can learn a new skill like digging coal

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth. Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree. Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

are they going to go the META, Google, Amazon where they are also laying off thousands of workers? lol

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Any employee who does not generate enough revenue to cover his/her own paycheck, plus an equal amount for the boss, probably doesn't need to be on the payroll. Once those people are gone, the drop in overhead for the company will compensate for any loss their absence might create. That positive cash flow can't happen when the alleged employee spends half his time sending/reading text messages.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It'll save a bunch of money by letting the employees fire themselves and then they can't claim unemployment ...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Musk, twitter will be closing all offices until Monday... does that mean no twitter over the weekend, heaven forbid?
What will you all do? Hey, how's trumps media empire doing?

Phil

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I can only imagine what musk might have done with his life if bubba g had been by his side offering counsel.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by colodog
It'll save a bunch of money by letting the employees fire themselves and then they can't claim unemployment ...
It’s CA, they will collect.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Musk, twitter will be closing all offices until Monday... does that mean no twitter over the weekend, heaven forbid?
What will you all do? Hey, how's trumps media empire doing?

Phil
Nobody is in the office anyway.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dassa
I can only imagine what musk might have done with his life if bubba g had been by his side offering counsel.
Now that’s sum funny schit right there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What he is making is a realistic work environment that can earn a profit, and saying goodbye to those who cannot understand, or refuse to buy into, that concept. This is not a complex issue - it is simple - and you are the silliest kind of delusional if you don't grasp that. No one can "make you feel" that you are useless fat - normal people are in control of their feelings - so you can feel like useless fat if that is what you know you are.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

You think 85,000 IRS agents hammering small businesses doesnt make for a hostile work environment?

Having a small business in Dimocommie 3rd world cities and no right to carry does too.

Having a home, business, farm, ranch in the south of Texas, NM, Az, Ca is pretty freaking risky too, and not just while working.

Those in Portland and Seattle had a rough go in the mostly peaceful riots.

So why do you choose to be a Stupid Fughk?

Welfare?

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/18/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not to mention, losing a lot of his major advertisers... all this while already facing legal troubles and possibly missing a deadline on filing required FTC reports.

Phil

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.