F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Who will admit to a scope tattoo?

I have been touched but not cut.

Which one of you fine fellers has been given the ring tat? What caliber/cartridge were you shooting?

.300 mag out of that Remington m7 synthetic stock rifle touched, but did not cut me, with the scope.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Gently (thankfully) touched once when shooting a very stout 45-70 load in a Ruger #1.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got nailed by a 50 caliber muzzleloader (inline) which was my cousin's rifle. His arms are shorter and he had the scope too close for my liking. I made a stalk on a small buck in the middle of a field. I had to lay prone to shoot. I thought I could hold my face back far enough to keep from getting hit. At the sound of the shot all I could see was smoke and pain. The scope had wacked me across my nose. I could feel something wet on my face and knew it was blood. I quickly walked over to the deer to make sure it was down and then walked back to my uncle's house to see my injury. I remember walking through his front door and he looked at me with a concerned look and said, "What the hell happened to you?". I didn't have to get stitches, but it did not look good.

I also got lightly tapped on the forehead by the same cousin's 300 Winchester Magnum shooting at another deer. I stopped shooting his guns after that one. laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nope, has not happend so far

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Skip to the 1:00 mark.

This one cracked me up. You would think he could have seen that one coming and warned her...

She ended up with a pretty good shiner. grin

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by slumlord
Never
Liar. Pffft.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a few. No ink... but a few thin white round lines on my noggin. The worst was from a 375 H&H Rem. 700 from their custom shop with a really thin whippy barrel. Beautiful wood. Not a bad rifle to shoot offhand. No weight up front. I shoot righty but, from benchrest, it lifted & torqued to cut above the left eye. I tried wrapping the sling around the front rest with a bag of shot to calm it down. It broke the front sling swivel. Someone else really liked it & wanted it bad, so it's long gone. A close 2nd was a Voere of some sort with a big 60s Monte Carlo cheekpiece in 300 WinMag.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by fester
I have been touched but not cut.

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by barm
I got nailed by a 50 caliber muzzleloader (inline) which was my cousin's rifle. His arms are shorter and he had the scope too close for my liking. I made a stalk on a small buck in the middle of a field. I had to lay prone to shoot. I thought I could hold my face back far enough to keep from getting hit. At the sound of the shot all I could see was smoke and pain. The scope had wacked me across my nose. I could feel something wet on my face and knew it was blood. I quickly walked over to the deer to make sure it was down and then walked back to my uncle's house to see my injury. I remember walking through his front door and he looked at me with a concerned look and said, "What the hell happened to you?". I didn't have to get stitches, but it did not look good.

I also got lightly tapped on the forehead by the same cousin's 300 Winchester Magnum shooting at another deer. I stopped shooting his guns after that one. laugh
Lol. Good story. I appreciate your honesty.

Did your uncle dump some booze on your wound and give you a cig? Lol

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I will confess to being a "scope crawler" in the past and have been cut several times. It typically happened when shooting off a bench and trying to apply as little pressure as possible to the firearm to get the best group possible, also while wearing light weight clothing not typical of the hunting clothing I wear, causing an unusually short length of pull. The worst cuts were from an old Remington 760 30-06 that had a Weaver 2 1/2-7x scope that had little eye relief and very sharp optical eye piece.

I have stopped shooting with the light holds of the past, have started adding padding/spacer to the butt of the rifle when shooting with only a shirt on and have not had any trouble with lightweight 7mm Rem Mag, lightweight 338-06, 35 whelen and a 375 H&H mag. I will say I have had a bump or two to my shooting glasses in the last 20 years or so with the heaviest of loads in the 7mm mag and the 338-06 mention because of their light weight but nothing serious .

Last edited by VaHunter; 11/18/22.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Checking zero on a Knight .50 cal, on a zero degree day, leaning over hood of my old CJ
Had one come back more lively than usual and bumped nose.
Must not have been seated fully? Bad form?
Only one that got me, out of a bunch of diff stuff over the years.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
In for the "tapped not cut" club.

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 358WCF
I have a few. No ink... but a few thin white round lines on my noggin. The worst was from a 375 H&H Rem. 700 from their custom shop with a really thin whippy barrel. Beautiful wood. Not a bad rifle to shoot offhand. No weight up front. I shoot righty but, from benchrest, it lifted & torqued to cut above the left eye. I tried wrapping the sling around the front rest with a bag of shot to calm it down. It broke the front sling swivel. Someone else really liked it & wanted it bad, so it's long gone. A close 2nd was a Voere of some sort with a big 60s Monte Carlo cheekpiece in 300 WinMag.
That’s kind of what happened to me.

I got hit but not cut.

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
In for the "tapped not cut" club.
👍🏻

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Drew blood first time with my 338 mag. Once was enough.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never
Liar. Pffft.

slumlord is stout and not afraid of his rifles, better have control of your 7mag or savage10ml hanging your ass off the side of a hackberry over 4 strands of barbed wire below

Little 450 marlin guide gun will ring your jowls too

I don’t have trust fund tittie baby money, so I have no experience with african chamberings

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hookeye
Checking zero on a Knight .50 cal, on a zero degree day, leaning over hood of my old CJ
Had one come back more lively than usual and bumped nose.
Must not have been seated fully? Bad form?
Only one that got me, out of a bunch of diff stuff over the years.
.50 knight? I’m not familiar with that gun.
Glad you didn’t break your face.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have a Hawken Silver Elite that bashes my cheekbone something fierce.
My buds 54 loaded hot (reg Hawken) didn't hit me.
That friggin TC of mine hammers. My Renegades and New Englander, never.
Dunno WTF is wrong w that stock but it sucks.
Really dont want to drag that damn thing out late season.

Shoot a deer and wait for half an hr for the snot, tears and tweety birds to go away.

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Never
Liar. Pffft.

slumlord is stout and not afraid of his rifles, better have control of your 7mag or savage10ml hanging your ass off the side of a hackberry over 4 strands of barbed wire below
I’m listening.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.