Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
That's weird about the eye-relief not being an issue. You'd think a guy that shoots one doe ever 8 years should know something about shooting.

I killed more SCI class Kodiak blacktails than you did. LOL.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paula,

Have you ever worn enough Spandex,to kill one as big as Trybone's? Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well since this thread has gone to schit anyhow (predictably), what are folks’ thoughts on the 1-6x24 SS HD circle/Mil? I threw one on a stock Colt EPR with a SSALT mount, sighted it in at 100 and it has resided behind my pickup seat ever since. That was back in May or so.

It is on the only AR that I own, bought last January. The only reason I did so was because I had 10-12 magazines that I forgot about and never turned back into supply when I left Camp Lejeune in 2008.

I just am not an AR guy, nor a fan of semi-auto anything in general.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Paula,

Have you ever worn enough Spandex,to kill one as big as Trybone's? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

I actually LOL’d at that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmmmm...I've never seen one. Hint.

Perhaps consult Paula and/or Trybone?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Well since this thread has gone to schit anyhow (predictably), what are folks’ thoughts on the 1-6x24 SS HD circle/Mil? I threw one on a stock Colt EPR with a SSALT mount, sighted it in at 100 and it has resided behind my pickup seat ever since. That was back in May or so.

It is on the only AR that I own, bought last January. The only reason I did so was because I had 10-12 magazines that I forgot about and never turned back into supply when I left Camp Lejeune in 2008.

I just am not an AR guy, nor a fan of semi-auto anything in general.

T, I like it alot myself. I have one on a 308 AR and another on my 6mm ARM AR. I think for GP utility they are really good scopes and I can't seem to break them yet, so that's always a plus.

The eye relief and illumination is great on them as well. I like the donut of death for 1X shooting and it offers decent precision when turned up to 6X.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
👍

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 1-6x HD Lit Bitch,has lotsa merits. Hint.

You can drive it butt nekked and exposed or wearin 'caps. The reticle and illumination are Skookum,with the erector jiving same and on THE fhuqking money. My sole lament,is that it doesn't share the 1-4's reserve battery cap. Hint.

The glass is fast and forgiving,along with being FFP...which is THE way. Hint.

Now I have another asswhole to contend,when they arise. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think they have enough eye relief to put on a heavier recoiler as well. Been kinda thinking about something like it for my 375 Improved as well. I like the versatility of them and I don't think they'd getting whooped on some.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
I think they have enough eye relief to put on a heavier recoiler as well. Been kinda thinking about something like it for my 375 Improved as well. I like the versatility of them and I don't think they'd getting whooped on some.

Comments like this coming from a trusted member make me wonder if I didn't somehow get a defective one. Do you have 5" at 1X

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A DISSENTING pard I work with,who schleps Africa at least once a year,was smitten after seeing some of mine. The Fhuqker beat me to one on The Sample List and poked it upon his Custom Pre-'64 '70 375H&H and killed hist best(to date) Cape Buff' with it,earlier this year. Also an exceptional Sable. Hint.

He's visited numerous times and is familiar with the grind and the weather,which obviously greased said skids. Nothing here is "dry",nor pampered and wares sort themselves out HASTILY. Hint.

Hell...before I met him,he even drove Reupold! Now he won't even touch one on a DARE. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You are hard to get in front of on the Sample List at times.

They've been so barren lately I have slacked off from searching them often.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While I'm happy to help folks,pards have smoked me on The Sample List,more than a few times. Fhuqkers. Hint.

Laughing!..................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 1-6 HD on a 7.5 lbs 375 H&H. Love it. Plenty of ER. On low X it's as fast as a large aperture peep; on 6x you get the bare MQ to aim at things a long way off. You also get 10 mil per rev. Very versatile.

Not that it's as impactful as the mechanics, but I find the glass to be very good on the SWFA HD line.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm still at a loss...is Paula's Imaginary Buck,bigger than Trystain's Stolen Buck?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I offered him a full refund.

He didn't want that.

Wonder why? wink

To minimize my contact with your ignorant ass, besides, as you said earlier, you'll just turn around and resell it, probably as new to some other unsuspecting idiot.

So, it can sit in the top of my toolbox as a constant reminder to listen when someone offers you advice.

Puddin, I don't have time to sit waiting with bated breath for your snappy comebacks.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know anything about that schitt.

I do know, however, that these are both bulletproof.

And, unlike that contraption in Fug Stick's picture of the deer, these are properly mounted.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Darryle
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There are a whole lotta options for risers, most much cheaper than Johnny MIC'Gutshot's contraption.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Wyoming-Arms-Optic-Riser/18-772837/ laugh

That was my thread on ARF, to say those guys don't like Puddin is an understatement

Yet, my dumb ass bought one anyway

You bought an out of spec AR and wondered why my in spec riser wouldn't bridge but we do agree you are a dummy.

Congradulations?

In spec AR and in spec riser doing the bridge thing.

Im not the smartest guy in town, I do work at the dump. But in order to clean that AR you have to take that scope every time, that would get old after awhile.. Or are you hoping people never shoot these things after they buy them??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I don't know anything about that schitt.

I do know, however, that these are both bulletproof.

And, unlike that contraption in Fug Stick's picture of the deer, these are properly mounted.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Damn Big money Hustla. Nugget

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by 79S
Im not the smartest guy in town, I do work at the dump. But in order to clean that AR you have to take that scope every time, that would get old after awhile.. Or are you hoping people never shoot these things after they buy them??

Figure I better qoute this before someone tells you how ARs work and how stupid was your post.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/19/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,860
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.