Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by johnn
Use a metal mag, disassemble and put a block in it so it will only take one round, reassemble, carry several.
Then you have a 2 shooter. 1 in the pipe and one in the mag.
One round, put it in the mag, charge the chamber. The mag holds one, dont drop the mag and reload until you shoot

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Use a metal mag, disassemble and put a block in it so it will only take one round, reassemble, carry several.
One round, put it in the mag, charge the chamber. The mag holds one, dont drop the mag and reload until you shoot
#RocketSurgery

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It ain't about what you do. It's about what you could do. Having one in the chamber and a mag in place that could hold another doesn't meet how single shot is defined.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
It ain't about what you do. It's about what you could do. Having one in the chamber and a mag in place that could hold another doesn't meet how single shot is defined.
Get a single shot or a bolt and quit ffing with trying to turn a repeater into a single shot, or move.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not how the regs read.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not how the regs read.

Ya, I got it, use to live there, good to hear they are opening up deer hunting to CF. But Illinois is one seriously ffed up state.

Seems simpler to just get a single shot than trying to come up with a workaround on a repeater

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Buy an extra mag. Then modify it to be a zero rounder.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
you only get this type of schitt regulations in states ran by DemocRATS...

Like Friggin Oregon, California and Washington for example.

If you put a bench rest follower in a magazine like I do my varmint rifles, for shooting sage rats...
its one round at a time. If someone can machine something like that ( if no one makes them, to include the factory)
then that would meet the requirement. I think I paid a little over $10 for the ones I have in my varmint rifles.

I've also seen detachable mags for the ARs in 223, that are the same set up as a bench rest follower...
but it isn't often you come across them, and hell if I remember the places I've seen them, when I came across them.
Figured they were some sort of training thing.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
With my right handed, rotary magazine .308W Ruger American, to chamber a single round from the ejection port, I rotate the rifle 90 degrees counterclockwise so that the ejection port is straight up, drop in a cartridge and close the bolt. Magazine must be empty for this to work without jamming though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Ruger shows it uses AR magazines. Is that correct? If so, here's a single shot sled and I'm sure there are others. https://www.mkmachining.com/product/ar-15-single-shot-sled/
SLEDs are great for AR-16 magazines.

If you can't do that, just slip off the floor plate and put a plug of wood in it. The plug should go inside the springs and contact the bottom of the follower. It's not hard.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
E
elkrazy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Good stuff!! Thank you all. I have a lot of things to look through now.

I went to the local Scheels and they have 4 350 Legend Ruger Americans. I was able to see why loading from the port will be an issue.

Interesting that all the single shots that would be viable to use are gone!! Everybody is planning ahead.

And I am planning on moving from this political hell hole, but that is a few years away at this point until I retire ....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I'd buy a CVA. I have the Ruger Ranch in .300 BLK, and it's beeatch to load throught the ejection port. It is much easier to feed from the magazine. So easy to load makes the CVA the clear winner in a ZERO round magazine.

This. It’s hard to imagine how clumsy it is to load a Ruger American through the ejection port until you actually try it.

Okie John
Exactly

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You could dumb it down even further with a lever action. Buy a plug for the mag and go kill stuff.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
You could dumb it down even further with a lever action. Buy a plug for the mag and go kill stuff.

I did that with my Henry BBS, made a plug by crimping the end of another tube shut.

Picked up a CVA Scout a couple months back, too. Figured better now than next year when they're likely to be unobtanium with the higher demand around here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.