Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
I do find it a little difficult to believe that the other residents "found one of the girls unconscious and unresponsive". Then they called in some friends to get their opinion, I guess. They also found the room mate to be unresponsive (possibly because all of her blood was on the floor). They finally called 911 and several of them spoke with the 911 operator. Eventually the cops arrived. Even today, I can drive from one end of Moscow to the other in under ten minutes, even if I have to stop at every light. How long did it take the cops to respond? Not that it matters, the kids had already stalled for so long that there was no hurry. Maybe it all makes sense to the average university student, but my weird-o-meter is in the red.
If these kids are really so stupid that they think someone lying in a pool of blood and full of holes is just unconscious, the U of I needs to do a better job of screening at enrollment. GD
It's a land grant college. They have to take all high school graduates from Idaho. When I was there, they used freshman English to flunk out those who had no business being in college. I went through with a friend who graduated from both college and medical school with perfect grades except for a B in freshman English. The teacher didn't give A's no matter how well he did in the class.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I do find it a little difficult to believe that the other residents "found one of the girls unconscious and unresponsive". Then they called in some friends to get their opinion, I guess. They also found the room mate to be unresponsive (possibly because all of her blood was on the floor). They finally called 911 and several of them spoke with the 911 operator. Eventually the cops arrived. Even today, I can drive from one end of Moscow to the other in under ten minutes, even if I have to stop at every light. How long did it take the cops to respond? Not that it matters, the kids had already stalled for so long that there was no hurry. Maybe it all makes sense to the average university student, but my weird-o-meter is in the red.
If these kids are really so stupid that they think someone lying in a pool of blood and full of holes is just unconscious, the U of I needs to do a better job of screening at enrollment. GD

I've girls this same age, 18 and 21. While mine are fairly street smart, they are not the norm. I'm around a lot of these kids. Take what most in this generation say and throw it out the window. You would be amazed. I put very little credence to the 911 call details from scared [bleep] kids. My girls, their call would be basically the same as would mine. Some of their friends, maybe half, I would not be surprised at all by an "unconscious and unresponsive" description of the situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
from Foxnews:
More than a week after the murders of four University of Idaho students, the suspect remains on the loose as police continue their investigations. Now, experts are considering clues – like the knife likely used to kill all four individuals – that may help identify a suspect.

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent and Navy SEAL, said the suspect’s use of a Ka-Bar knife, also known as a "Rambo"-style knife, could point law enforcement in the right direction.

"That knife is pretty much a relic," Gilliam said on "Fox & Friends First" Monday. "Nobody really uses that knife except for people that had them when they got out of the military or they got handed down."

So, they haven't identified the weapon yet. This guy says that should it be a Ka-bar military type, it would be a good clue because those aren't common any more. Well, real Kabars might not be common, but there must be millions of Chinese fake Kabars out there. I don't know how many kids have them but there are plenty.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
the killer was soaked in blood , OJ only killed 2 and he had blood all over him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guessing some of you folks never came to the next morning (or afternoon) after a night of drinking and after party enjoyment to find a roommate or two (or more) passed out on the floor, "unresponsive" at first?

It's easy for me to believe the first floor roommates were passed out when the events upstairs occurred, and I do mean passed out. Oblivious to the world around them and if they might have heard anything unusual they were likely incapable of understanding what it might be.. College party house, people coming and going all the time.

Downstairs roommate A comes too, sees roommate B still out on the floor, goes over shakes them and gets no response. Groggily wonders WTH is going on, then decides maybe I better call 911/EMS. Still somewhat stoned from the night before, never even thinks to go check on the upstairs roommates.

I guess I didn't lead a very sheltered life, as the scenario as I described it would not have been terribly unusual when I was a young man, except for the slashed bodies that is.

Folks passed out, completely out, many times at keg parties and such.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
from Foxnews:
More than a week after the murders of four University of Idaho students, the suspect remains on the loose as police continue their investigations. Now, experts are considering clues – like the knife likely used to kill all four individuals – that may help identify a suspect.

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent and Navy SEAL, said the suspect’s use of a Ka-Bar knife, also known as a "Rambo"-style knife, could point law enforcement in the right direction.

"That knife is pretty much a relic," Gilliam said on "Fox & Friends First" Monday. "Nobody really uses that knife except for people that had them when they got out of the military or they got handed down."
Jomathan Gillam is an idiot. If there was no market for KaBars and clones, there would not be dozens available on Amazon imcluding $20 Chinese knock offs. I have seen inexpensive clones in the store made by Ontario Knives.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do find it a little difficult to believe that the other residents "found one of the girls unconscious and unresponsive". Then they called in some friends to get their opinion, I guess. They also found the room mate to be unresponsive (possibly because all of her blood was on the floor). They finally called 911 and several of them spoke with the 911 orator.

Coulda been the victims were behind a locked door, someone tries to rouse them for whatever reason. Someone eventually looks through an outside window sees enough to make out someone was inside and or maybe the dog in a crate was barking.

More speculation on my part.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I do find it a little difficult to believe that the other residents "found one of the girls unconscious and unresponsive". Then they called in some friends to get their opinion, I guess. They also found the room mate to be unresponsive (possibly because all of her blood was on the floor). They finally called 911 and several of them spoke with the 911 orator.

Coulda been the victims were behind a locked door, someone tries to rouse them for whatever reason. Someone eventually looks through an outside window sees enough to make out someone was inside and or maybe the dog in a crate was barking.

More speculation on my part.
Reports say the victims were all on 2nd and 3rdfloors.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Many, many, many times. More often than not on a Saturday night during my time in Moscow. I could easily see this being the case and the surviving roommates not waking up until noon.

The bizarre 911 call is what has me stumped, though it is very possible, if not probable, that it is being incorrectly reported too.

Or, CTSmith is right and that is just how 20ish year old female minds work these days. My niece and nephew are that age, were raised in Idaho and certainly wouldn’t have consciously thought that way, but who knows…

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
from Foxnews:

Jomathan Gillam is an idiot. If there was no market for KaBars and clones, there would not be dozens available on Amazon imcluding $20 Chinese knock offs. I have seen inexpensive clones in the store made by Ontario Knives.
I agree he's an idiot.
What kind of clues does a K-Bar leave that a Buck doesn't?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Many, many, many times. More often than not on a Saturday night during my time in Moscow. I could easily see this being the case and the surviving roommates not waking up until noon.

The bizarre 911 call is what has me stumped, though it is very possible, if not probable, that it is being incorrectly reported too.

Or, CTSmith is right and that is just how 20ish year old female minds work these days. My niece and nephew are that age, were raised in Idaho and certainly wouldn’t have consciously thought that way, but who knows…
Scheidt,

we duct taped a friend to the floor at one party house when he passed out.

I had sunrise services held for me at a bluegrass festival (shine will make things like that occur) and awoke, with a bouquet of flowers on my chest, to a crowd of folks around me cheering for my awakening.

I haven't a clue how 20ish kids nowadays would deal with stuff like that, but it certainly wasn't unusual in my day, and apparently even in yours.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A shrine would have been unusual for me.

What was normal, was for me to wake up on the floor, under a table without pants on and dozens of dicks drawn on my face and arms with sharpies.

Puke piles around and random chicks passed out a couple feet away.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Reports elsewhere say the downstairs person called 911 to report that there was an unconscious person laying in front of the door and they were unable to open it. That may explain the “unconscious ” aspect of the call. Lots of heresay going around.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
from Foxnews:

I agree he's an idiot.
What kind of clues does a K-Bar leave that a Buck doesn't?

I am not sure how much sarcasm is here, but they’re using “K-Bar” generically for a big knife and specifically one with either serrations or a saw back. Supposedly the wounds were consistent with those features and coroners can often differentiate wounds made by a foot long blade vs smaller blades.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Reports elsewhere say the downstairs person called 911 to report that there was an unconscious person laying in front of the door and they were unable to open it. That may explain the “unconscious ” aspect of the call. Lots of heresay going around.

Possibly, though it wouldn’t be unusual for a person to be passed out in front of a door like that, especially at a known party house. That, and calling 911 to report it instead of just using another door or reaching a hand in to roll the passed out person out of the way seems bizarre. I still think there is a LOT more to this and the LEOs know it. They’re just not releasing it and likely for a good reason.
They must be frustrated with all the speculation and rumors floating around.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If they were rolled in front of a door, how did the killer get out?
I'm sure there's a simple explanation.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
To clarify, the downstairs two were stuck downstairs due to a body blocking their doorway out. Not the front door.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
To clarify, the downstairs two were stuck downstairs due to a body blocking their doorway out. Not the front door.

Has it been released where the bodies were found?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If they were rolled in front of a door, how did the killer get out?
I'm sure there's a simple explanation.
According to reports all three floors had doors accessing the outside.

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

How could the two stuck downstairs be stuck? Interior room doors generally are required to open into said room. They were stuck out in the hall?
Dry odd

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,433
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.