Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Call cameraland

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never seen an issue and I've a goodly herd,with a number of pards falling suit. Hint.

I don't know of anyone,who had a turret unlock unwantonly,whether windage or elevation. The feature set is simplistic and foolproof,with no Fluff and such things are warmly welcomed on Killing Glass. Hint.

Tracking,repeats and zero retention are in and of themselves,rather fhuqking liberating. Sighting a rifle in,with just one or two shots,fhuqks with heads and sets the stage for all things warm/fuzzy. Conjoin same,with a coupla pokes nearing the Transonic Slip and it is ASSUREDLY like "cheating". Hint.

Earliest versions had (3) locking screws on the zero stop,the newest have (5). I've not seen any of it matter,but 5 is fhuqking soothinger. Hint.(grin)

Had a coupla visiting pards just peel out and they are MUCHLY rethinking their wares. Pulled a 1" Reupold 4.5-14x in LW's off one's CA Kreedmire and gave him Burris 2pc 1913's,SWFA 30mm Low's and a 6x MQ. Also Started At The Fhuqking Start with said rifle's feed/function issues in BDL guise,which was just as easy of a fix. Frosted all nicely,with Sig 6K 8x32mm BRF's,crushing their Geovids. I always WARN folks that "it's going to be an EXPENSIVE trip...after you see how much your schit sucks" and this panned out no differently. One didn't even bother to bring his 257 Wby on the 2nd day,after gunning a 21" FC squirting .620 BC's at 3050fps. The weather was tough enough,that a FULL understanding of holding a FFP reticle for same,was hammered by literal default. Hint. LAUGHING!

There's method to The Madness and Scope Pukes simply happen at a rate of greater than 10:1 to Rifle Pukes. The 2-12X's are rather fhuqking Skookum and a flying head start to POA/POI sanctity. Hint.

Though a couple more Athlon parcels arrived in yesterday's Mail and after a cup of coffee,I'll be curious to see if one is their new LW Bitch. Hint.

Film at 11:00............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope...more Athlon Gen2 4-16x MIL/MIL's. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Trying to take advantage of the November deals...

If you needed to tuck one away in the stash for a future rifle - centerfire, 0-500yds, range and field, 30cal or smaller.... This 2-12 or a plain jane 6x42 swfa at 219?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6x42 MQ's don't exist currently and the 2-12x Gen2 MIL/MIL Lit Bitch does. I'm expecting delivery of (4) more 2-12x's and personally,I wouldn't fhuqking linger on locking in same. Hint.

Was shooting more than a few them out to 1600yds,these last few days. Nothing bigger than 7mm bore size and nothing smaller than .224". Hint..............

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Nope...more Athlon Gen2 4-16x MIL/MIL's. Hint..............

Midas Tacs?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
6x42 MQ's don't exist currently and the 2-12x Gen2 MIL/MIL Lit Bitch does. I'm expecting delivery of (4) more 2-12x's and personally,I wouldn't fhuqking linger on locking in same. Hint.

Was shooting more than a few them out to 1600yds,these last few days. Nothing bigger than 7mm bore size and nothing smaller than .224". Hint..............

Thank you

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope,I straight fhuqked up the descriptor...more Barkin' Arken Gen2 4-16x MIL/MIL's. Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Question: Can someone describe the quality of he glass? I’m wondering if it is worth stepping up to the Ares HD glass. Is the Helos glass comparable to VX3HD for brightness/clarity?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Arken vs Athlon.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by elkaddict
Question: Can someone describe the quality of he glass? I’m wondering if it is worth stepping up to the Ares HD glass. Is the Helos glass comparable to VX3HD for brightness/clarity?

It's at least as good as the 4.5-14x42 VX3. After 9 days of whitetail hunting and shooting hogs, I never had a problem finding the reticle up to last legal shooting light. It tracked perfectly as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by elkaddict

Can you see the reticle in hunting situations on lower power with the Ares? Everything go have heard DJ they are thin.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Gen2 2-12's glass fhuqks everyone up,because it is stupid good and probably shouldn't be. Hint.

Illumination happily lies in wait,should the situation dictate same. The upside is,there ain't NO downside or concessions and nothing is warmer/fuzzier,than a scope that tracks,repeats and holds zero. Hint..............

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Gen2 2-12's glass fhuqks everyone up,because it is stupid good and probably shouldn't be. Hint.

Illumination happily lies in wait,should the situation dictate same. The upside is,there ain't NO downside or concessions and nothing is warmer/fuzzier,than a scope that tracks,repeats and holds zero. Hint..............

+1

BUT... you should add that the Eye Box is "Average" at best.

Tremendous value regardless.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks for the glass description gents, I ordered one. Now I need to figure out what to mount it on. Might replace a SWFA 1x6 on an AR15 (I think it would get a lil more use with higher magnification). The 1x6 works but I’ve had a hard time warming up to it. Also thinking a 7mm08 might be a winning combination. First world problems….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i really like these scopes, but I just had one fail yesterday. to be fair, it had 480 rounds in a 6.5lb 7wsm. ill be sending this one back for repair/replacement, and putting it on something that doesnt kit quite so bad.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by acooper1983
i really like these scopes, but I just had one fail yesterday. to be fair, it had 480 rounds in a 6.5lb 7wsm. ill be sending this one back for repair/replacement, and putting it on something that doesnt kit quite so bad.

What failed on it?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remington280
Originally Posted by acooper1983

What failed on it?

I’d be interested as well. I have one of these in my 4.8 pound 338-06 for a while now and it’s held up fine and the extra 25 oz on top def isn’t a bad thing. Be interested to hear how the one above failed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
im not real sure, it wont hold zero. had a chip shot at 315 on a doe, hit high and left (like across the hams) ended up running her down and finishing her, took the rifle to the range on our farm and i couldnt hit a standard target with it @100y. Verified everything was tight via inchlb tq wrench to specs. i absolutely hammered with this rifle all summer out to 1000y. i even switch reload lots to make sure i hadnt messed up there. It had been flawless as over last week at the range. No visible damage to the scope, only "rough" its seen was riding in the back of a side by side

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
C
C
So I'm exchanging two of my Helos' due to serious amounts of dust in the interior of the objective lens. It's definitely not on the outside and three are perfectly clear. I hadn't tested illumination with all of these in the dark, but did so tonight. One of these lights up like a thousand stars...almost like it wasn't even assembled in a clean room. Additionally, the illumination bleed is absolutely horrible. The other only has a few specs and very little light bleed, but I'm not confident it won't get worse if there is a bad seal somewhere. The fact that two out of 5 have this is very concerning. I still love the scope and am exchanging for two of the same.

If you buy these, be sure to immediately check for dust and turret mechanicals. That means 3 out of 5 of these that have had to go back...QC appears to be lacking at Athlon I'm sorry to say or I just have really bad luck.

Last edited by Cotay; 12/14/22.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.