24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 49,535
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 49,535
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What this whole "price match" bullshit?


Do they have a price match guarantee?
They don’t do that at Maude and Claude’s ??😃

I fugging hate those people.


I just want to pay and leave.....some fugger ahead of me has an expired coupon, and empty gift card and was pretty sure they price matched.


I am MAGA.
BP-B2

Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 2,440
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 2,440
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Stopped by the Academy, today. Got them to price match a game cam that I use for “security purposes”, that Azz Pro had cheaper.

Figure, what the heck, I’ll buzz through the ammo section, and see what they have.

Couple of 60+ year-old guys, there, eyes glazed over, staring at the ammo. One of them picks up a box of 12 ga buckshot. Just HAS to open the danged thing, as if there’s ANY meaningful info to be gathered by actually holding the thing in their hand.

Minute or two later, one of them is opening up a box of FMJ pistol ammo. Honestly, what in the HELL do you learn by opening up a box of FMJ ammo?? Unless you think it’s some of that goofy truncated cone .40 (this wasn’t .40)?? Who the hell doesn’t know what FMJ ammo looks like??

No wonder gun stores put it behind the counter....
Both Academy stores in Baton Rouge keep the ammo behind the counter.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,761
I
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,761
About fifty years ago, there was no seal on the ammo boxes. A kid could check out the various cartridges and dream. God, I thought that box of 264 Win Mag was sexier than Marylin Monroe, almost as fine as Ann Margret. Twenty years later I finally managed to find a Win 70 Classic in a local store. It easily matched my fantasies.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,597
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,597
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What this whole "price match" bullshit?


Do they have a price match guarantee?
They don’t do that at Maude and Claude’s ??😃

I fugging hate those people.


I just want to pay and leave.....some fugger ahead of me has an expired coupon, and empty gift card and was pretty sure they price matched.

just be glad they don’t sell lottery tickets also......

Sweet mother of Pearl...

Fuggers will spend 10 minutes trying g to figure out how to blow $20....

Gimme 2 of those gumbo Magic...
Gimme 2 of those Jumbo Gator Pots
Gimme 2 of those Blazin Jackpots....
Gimme 2... no.. make that 3.. no 2 of the Triple Diamond winners....


🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️


Dave

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it. Lou Holtz



Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 3,693
R
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 3,693
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What this whole "price match" bullshit?


Do they have a price match guarantee?
They don’t do that at Maude and Claude’s ??😃

I fugging hate those people.


I just want to pay and leave.....some fugger ahead of me has an expired coupon, and empty gift card and was pretty sure they price matched.

just be glad they don’t sell lottery tickets also......

Sweet mother of Pearl...

Fuggers will spend 10 minutes trying g to figure out how to blow $20....

Gimme 2 of those gumbo Magic...
Gimme 2 of those Jumbo Gator Pots
Gimme 2 of those Blazin Jackpots....
Gimme 2... no.. make that 3.. no 2 of the Triple Diamond winners....


🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
With a line to the back of the store filthy cacksuggas.

IC-A B3

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,106
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,106
Bottomfeeders, timewasters all the same.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,628
S
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,628
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
The first time you buy a "new box" of ammo and find mixed brass reloads in it when you get home you will start looking in the boxes too. I make the cashier open every box for my inspection before I pay for it anymore.
Or a box of 47 rounds in a pistol ammo box. Saw that a lot when I worked at Bass Pro. For some reason we didn't see it much with rifle ammo.


Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,213
M
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,213
Originally Posted by smarquez
Or a box of 47 rounds in a pistol ammo box. Saw that a lot when I worked at Bass Pro. For some reason we didn't see it much with rifle ammo.

I can tell you why, but that'd be racist

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 80,557
J
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 80,557
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Stopped by the Academy, today. Got them to price match a game cam that I use for “security purposes”, that Azz Pro had cheaper.

Figure, what the heck, I’ll buzz through the ammo section, and see what they have.

Couple of 60+ year-old guys, there, eyes glazed over, staring at the ammo. One of them picks up a box of 12 ga buckshot. Just HAS to open the danged thing, as if there’s ANY meaningful info to be gathered by actually holding the thing in their hand.

Minute or two later, one of them is opening up a box of FMJ pistol ammo. Honestly, what in the HELL do you learn by opening up a box of FMJ ammo?? Unless you think it’s some of that goofy truncated cone .40 (this wasn’t .40)?? Who the hell doesn’t know what FMJ ammo looks like??

No wonder gun stores put it behind the counter....

Should have told him you thought he would find FMJ Ammo inside the box.


Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 680
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 680
Maybe this explains the box of .380 that had one round of .32 acp. I was chronographing a few rounds when I shot uncles Shooting Chrony off of the deck rail. Yup, that was the .32 round.

IC-B B4

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 30,484
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 30,484
Remington got to where they was putting a big dollop of glue on the lids of their boxes. Almost had to rip whole lid off to get in the box.


Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60,595
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60,595
I used to open them

Every box I’d open, I say real loud ..”mannnnnnnnnnn that’d fuuuuuuuuuuuuck somptin up dude”

Move on to the box

Open up the .300 win mag
“Dammit boy….now thatd reallllllly fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck somptin up”

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,041
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,041
Originally Posted by slumlord
I used to open them

Every box I’d open, I say real loud ..”mannnnnnnnnnn that’d fuuuuuuuuuuuuck somptin up dude”

Move on to the box

Open up the .300 win mag
“Dammit boy….now thatd reallllllly fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck somptin up”

Yep. You been to da store fer sure. "Dude, wicked, sick, brah..."

Last edited by mjbgalt; 11/24/22.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 160user, 1911a1, 1lesfox, 49 invisible), 1,342 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22



 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 0.9060 MB (Peak: 1.0337 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2023-02-08 13:03:31 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS