A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'Squirms,

It was a simplistic HOPE. Hint:

"Which Reupold(s),will track,repeat and hold zero,as per my checkbook and ACTUAL shooting? Hint.

MINIMUM erector travel(40 Mil minimum),10yd parallax,etched reticle,(2) Mil's of erector travel per ounce of mass and robust guts? Erectors matching reticles,a given. Hint.

Do tell. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............."

LIL Fish,

Just trying to help you out.

Let's start at the start.

Explain why you want 40 mils of travel when you have never shot any game beyond 500yds?

Baby steps.

Makes sense......

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I agree. You didn't hit the antler. Play it at 25% speed. You can clearly see you bullets path. You may have grazed its neck but you definitely hit a branch on its antler. You can see if fall off after getting hit.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Your second shot hit high, ahead of the shoulder, and hit the neck, probably breaking the spine.

I never had an issue with you. I don't know anything about you. But if your intent is to somehow suggest you are shooting accurately, or hunting ethically, this probably isn't the video to use to suggest it. Frankly, it looks like you're just lobbing shots and hoping for the best.

All three shots were solid hits in the vitals and 2 were on a moving bull. Any of the three would have been enough but I tend to keep shooting when the bull is still standing.

The bull was dead on the ground in less than 25 seconds from the first shot.

Pretty well done.

Solid hits “in the vitals”.
That video’s a great marketing tool to sell $4,500 rifles.
No wonder you’re operating out of the back of your buddies warehouse, on his capital. LMAO…

Solid hit? That isn't a branch that the dust is coming from. That bull's head is turned to his right at the impact and that is a solid hit alright, solid horn...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
this kind of reminds me of advertising good adult beverages but using a drunk...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Shrappy Baldwin Alec's older broghter and firearm trainer :D
Solid hit? That isn't a branch that the dust is coming from. That bull's head is turned to his right at the impact and that is a solid hit alright, solid horn...

LOL.

It's no suprise you can't read trace even from a frame by frame of HD video.

If only we had pictures of the bull head and skull.

Baby Seals getting WHOMPED.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Shrappy Baldwin Alec's older broghter and firearm trainer :D

LOL.

It's no suprise you can't read trace even from a frame by frame of HD video.

Baby Seals getting WHOMPED.

So your spotter couldn’t tell the difference between a shoulder shot and a head/antler shot? He’s spots like you spell?

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/24/22.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the quote of the century!!!

Well here it is, taken from your own video...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Other than reasonably good glass and holding zero Leupolds have nothing else to brag about.

Dog I rescued in January

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Barska and Tasco Silver Pronghorn for the win !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Play the video slowly and really check it out at 1:24. The 2nd bullet impact is solidly and clearly NOT in the antler. That must have been water or dust or whatever else was on the brush that was tangled in the antlers being shaken off with the sunlight hitting it just right. It may have been bullet trace too I guess but that shot wasn't in the antler.

I'd agree that isn't a great video for marketing but only because folks jump to their own conclusions, just like this thread is proving. I'd also have explained and cleared that misconception up at the end of the video before posting it on YouTube, but that is just me, I guess. It may not have mattered though as people here likely wouldn't bother finish watching it before responding just like they don't read follow up responses on threads.

I am outie, got a moose tag and know where a spike fork yearling bull has been hanging out. Hopefully he has crossed onto public. Flame away, I guess.

Last edited by T_Inman; 11/24/22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Play the video slowly and really check it out at 1:24. The 2nd bullet impact is solidly and clearly NOT in the antler. That must have been water or dust or whatever else was on the brush that was tangled in the antlers being shaken off with the sunlight hitting it just right.

I'd agree that isn't a great video for marketing but only because folks jump to their own conclusions, just like this thread is proving. I'd also have explained and cleared that misconception up at the end of the video before posting it on YouTube, but that is just me, I guess. It may not have mattered though as people here likely wouldn't bother finish watching it before responding just like they don't read follow up responses on threads.

I am outie, got a moose tag and know where a spike fork yearling bull has been hanging out. Hopefully he has crossed onto public. Flame away, I guess.

Shoot him through the horn for braggin rights.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Play the video slowly and really check it out at 1:24. The 2nd bullet impact is solidly and clearly NOT in the antler. That must have been water or dust or whatever else was on the brush that was tangled in the antlers being shaken off with the sunlight hitting it just right.

Good Luck, Ted.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have shot exactly 1 big bull at long range.... with a 338 and a Reupold 4X... state of the art stuff back in the day.... I guess he was about as far as Johns bull.
My first shot blew a tine clear off! stunned him so bad he stood there confused, got closer and finished him off... sure glad we didn't have video back then.... wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gee, I wonder why the only pics Johnny posts are the head and skull. Could it be that the poor bull had more holes than a block of Swiss cheese by the time he was dead?

Johnny likely had to reload after the barrage and figured it would be a good time to stop the camera.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t worry though, he’s a WIZARD

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Them Pancho Villa bandoleers on the buttstock(s),compliment Reupolds nicely. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe Big Stick will share some big bull pic's with us?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Gee, I wonder why the only pics Johnny posts are the head and skull. Could it be that the poor bull had more holes than a block of Swiss cheese by the time he was dead?

Johnny likely had to reload after the barrage and figured it would be a good time to stop the camera.

Baby Seal wants some WHOMP?

For your spankbank. Watch out for friction Burns.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Barska and Tasco Silver Pronghorn for the win !

NcStar!

Dog I rescued in January

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Baby Seal wants some WHOMP?

For your spankbank. Watch out for friction Burns.

Are friction burns what ran off Houston? LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not sure what you were watching and I'm by no means mathematics astute, but I can count! Three rounds downrange for a bull on the ground is what I observed.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 27 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,002
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.