Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?

Take a look here:

https://newultralightarms.com/?page_id=10
I previously carefully looked at the Website and have just now looked at it again. I can't see any answer to my question. Obviously the bolt face will be opened up, but are there any other differences at all, for those rifles that were chambered in 6.8 SPC or other wider-than-.223 short cases?

The M20 is for standard short action cartridges and the mag box has an OAL of 3".

The M20S is for "shorter" short action cartridges, with various bolt faces, like the .223, .300 bo, 358 Legend, 6.5 Grendel, etc..and has a 2.5" mag box.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's a Drooling Crying Fhuqktard,who can't savvy how a 22-250,7-08,6mm Rem and 284Win can work in a Model 20 NON-"S" either. Hint.(grin)

But she do Whine loud,long and often...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Short version of the Model 20, NOT the standard Model 20, was often chambered in 6.8 SPC, .22PPC etc. Apparently, there was a benchrest version of the Model 20 Short (with the 2.5" magazine box) that was used for these chamberings rather than the usual Model 20 Short. This is what I was told by someone who actually owned a NULA chambered in 6.8 SPC. Now I don't know whether this is true or not...hence the question. Obviously I am fully aware of the differences between the Model 20 Short and the Model 20 which is used to house .308 length cartridges. Could people with comprehension difficulties not reply to this question.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,you invented these "problems"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqk ALL the "proprietary" Goat Fhuqk Bullschit and simply offer a 7" RPM 223 with 2.600" COAL and i'll happily take mine with (5) 8x40's in the roof. Hint.

Then go 224and 243 Grendel,both in 7" RPM. Hint.................
Yeh, the box is 2.5", obviously they're not going to build a 2.64" box just for you.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 05/30/22.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing the BEST you can,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting all and then some,as you feverishly GoogleFu a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

I reckon "math" is TOUGH for your Retardation too,but 2.500" will always be reliably shy of 2.600". Now even you "know". Hint.

Beings the 20 is a 3.00+" COAL platform and that most 223 receivers are shoe horned versions of lengthier platforms,there's plenty of room to realize the aforementioned 2.600" COAL,within same. Hardly "daunting" to time bolt stops and mag confines with said focus. Hint.

I get it,that you are at the LIMITS of your "abilities" and your Minimum Wage "means",which is the ONLY fhuqking reason(s) your Dumbfhuqkery is soooooooo reliably fhuqking FUNNY!. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

P.S. and by the way,your Edit "helped" you none.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing the BEST you can,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting all and then some,as you feverishly GoogleFu a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

I reckon "math" is TOUGH for your Retardation too,but 2.500" will always be reliably shy of 2.600". Now even you "know". Hint.

Beings the 20 is a 3.00+" COAL platform and that most 223 receivers are shoe horned versions of lengthier platforms,there's plenty of room to realize the aforementioned 2.600" COAL,within same. Hardly "daunting" to time bolt stops and mag confines with said focus. Hint.

I get it,that you are at the LIMITS of your "abilities" and your Minimum Wage "means",which is the ONLY fhuqking reason(s) your Dumbfhuqkery is soooooooo reliably fhuqking FUNNY!. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

P.S. and by the way,your Edit "helped" you none.

Sure, you thought this on page 4 about using the Model 20 3.00 length action for the .223, the next page you asked "If you can divulge,what do you factor '20 Short COAL confines to be?" Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sniffle Kchunt,

It just so happens,that I'm not the gent that bought the Company. Now even you know. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

There's a constant in The Industry to shoe horn receivers and that will only come as a SURPRISE! to you. Teeker 7mm Rem Mag receivers are the same length as their 223 receivers,if only to try and slap your drooling crossed-eyes straight. Hint.

Question was/is,are the 20 Shorts a DEDICATED receiver shortened length,or a shoe horn,under the pending Establishment. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING,at your "knowledge" and KEEN "understanding"! Hint................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sniffle Kchunt,

It just so happens,that I'm not the gent that bought the Company. Now even you know. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

There's a constant in The Industry to shoe horn receivers and that will only come as a SURPRISE! to you. Teeker 7mm Rem Mag receivers are the same length as their 223 receivers,if only to try and slap your drooling crossed-eyes straight. Hint.

Question was/is,are the 20 Shorts a DEDICATED receiver shortened length,or a shoe horn,under the pending Establishment. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING,at your "knowledge" and KEEN "understanding"! Hint................
This is still not true. Your question was not whether the Model 20 Short was a dedicated shorter length receiver than the Model 20, it was whether the internal length of the magazine of the Model 20 Short will fit a 2.600" COAL. (obviously it won't!!!) FYI, it is a shorter length action.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 05/30/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sniffle Kchunt,

Your "Psychic" "powers" are as fhuqking HILARIOUS,as are your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?
are

You Minimum Wage CLUELESS Drooling Kchunts are a Hoot! Hint.

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
The only differences between 6.8spc and the 223 of the 20s is the magazine box dimension is wider to accommodate the larger cases and the bolt face is larger.
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Corder3825
The only differences between 6.8spc and the 223 of the 20s is the magazine box dimension is wider to accommodate the larger cases and the bolt face is larger.
Thank you for that information.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
tag....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Corder3825
Thank you for that information.

Riflehunter, I have a model 20 chambered in .20 Titan (.20 Grendel). Let me know if you need measurements.

Tarquin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
tag....

I see where you are going with this 🤣

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Darryle
tag....

I see where you are going with this 🤣

In truth, I'm just kinda waiting to see where Wilson goes with it....

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I obviously don’t have a clue but I can’t fathom it working for them as is. Prices are the same but you took away the custom hands on part of the man/man’s shop building you the rifle. Wilson may build a better gun but you’ve took away the Melvin part.

I think they will have to get some rifles out there and get people fired up for them or cut the price in half.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I obviously don’t have a clue but I can’t fathom it working for them as is. Prices are the same but you took away the custom hands on part of the man/man’s shop building you the rifle. Wilson may build a better gun but you’ve took away the Melvin part.

I think they will have to get some rifles out there and get people fired up for them or cut the price in half.

I don't have a NULA and never dealt with Melvin but it wouldn't shock me if Wilson didn't see the premiums people were paying for lightweight rifles with limited supply from Kimber/Barrett. Probably said "I already make a 1911 better than Kimber and I have a pile of good machinists here - it makes sense for me to try and apply what we know with what Melvin does and be a player in that market"

I get why Wilson did it, but do we even know if they're going to retain the NULA name/marketing/faith and goodwill or will they re-brand and thus differences in customer experience between them and Melvin aren't as stark for returning customers of Melvin's?

It's interesting to me from a market fit/business perspective as I doubt I'm in the market for a NULA/Wilson rifle - just interesting is all.

Me

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Melvin sold NULA six months ago.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
From my perspective, the fieldcraft was what the “production” nula should look like. Full stainless and roughly half the price. Obviously that isn’t what we will see; at least initially.

I struggle with the notion of a $4200 production gun without Melvin’s touch. But I wish the new owner the best with his endeavor; and will await reviews as they become available.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 67 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.