Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://corporate.tractorsupply.com/ESG/ESGGoals/default.aspx

Tractor Supply’s goals are to reduce our carbon footprint and achieve net zero emissions across all operations by 2040 and reduce our water usage by 2025.

DE&I Goals

Tractor Supply firmly believes in an equitable, accessible and inclusive culture built on its Mission and Values. We are establishing comprehensive 5-year diversity, equity and inclusion goals to support and advance underrepresented groups across its workforce, vendors, suppliers and communities that include the following specific, tangible actions:

-Double the number of stores where Team Members mirror the communities it serves,
-Increase People of Color at the manager level and above by 50%,
-Increase spending with diverse suppliers by 35% and
-Increase commitment to funding programs and education for Black and African Americans by 30%.

These goals are established with a baseline of 2021, with achievement by 2026. To learn more about diversity, equity and inclusion at Tractor Supply, visit our DE&I page.

https://corporate.tractorsupply.com/ESG/diversity-and-inclusion/default.aspx

Diversity and
Inclusion Statement

"At Tractor Supply, our deep-rooted culture of Mission & Values is unique and is the foundation of our success. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture where we foster different perspectives, ideas and innovative thinking. One of our values is respect – the starting point for our diversity and inclusion efforts. Our strong culture is our values in action, and we truly care about each other and working together as part of the Tractor Supply family."

Hal Lawton
President & CEO

Governed by our Diversity and Inclusion Council, we also have a number of resource groups available to our Team Members. Our resource groups create communities for those within the targeted demographic and their allies to help make sure Tractor Supply is meeting the needs of all Team Members. Our resource groups include:

African Americans on the R.I.S.E.

Asian Pacific Life Out Here

Fuerte Juntos: Strong Together - Hispanic TMEG

LGBTQ+ You Belong OUT Here

Veterans Group

Women Out Here

Young Professionals

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This obviously ain’t about their customer base. I suspect it’s directed at investors, since the big funds are all over this schitt.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Pappy348
This obviously ain’t about their customer base. I suspect it’s directed at investors, since the big funds are all over this schitt.

Yep

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep. And another way the economy is rigged against people who try to cling to reality.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Exactly.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They ain't too woke. Hell they won't open the doors before 8 a.m. around here. Day's half over by then for any "real" farmers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sounds like business speak to me. They speak about percentage increases, not number increases. How many "People of Color" do you think they have at management level. If ten, a 50% increase is five additional managers. Not a big deal. Like others have said, they are talking to investors and government watchdog agencies. Still a great company. IMO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Family farm and home it is

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boilerplate virtue signalling.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Around here they cater to the city folks. Rural King has about them out of business.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ro1459
Sounds like business speak to me. They speak about percentage increases, not number increases. How many "People of Color" do you think they have at management level. If ten, a 50% increase is five additional managers. Not a big deal. Like others have said, they are talking to investors and government watchdog agencies. Still a great company. IMO.
And that is exactly the attitude they want you to have. While they take your money and use it to fuel an agenda that takes more of your money, your rights, and your freedom.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Around here they cater to the city folks. Rural King has about them out of business.

Same in the E-Town area, Rural King is ALWAYS busy, while TS lot is usually empty. TS store is downtown, of all places, while Rural King is outside city limits (and they sell guns).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When I moved here 20 years ago, there were two mom and pop feed and seed stores and one Tractor Supply. I stuck to the mom and pop stores. Then one closed down about ten years ago. Then the other one burned to the ground and never reopened, so I switched to Tractor Supply for my chicken supplies. Now what am I supposed to do? Order everything mail order?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
When I moved here 20 years ago, there were two mom and pop feed and seed stores and one Tractor Supply. I stuck to the mom and pop stores. Then one closed down about ten years ago. Then the other one burned to the ground and never reopened, so I switched to Tractor Supply for my chicken supplies. Now what am I supposed to do? Order everything mail order?
And that's how a relative handful of people control the whole economy over time. They outprice and outlast the competition, then you have no real choice but to buy from them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tractor Supply could help themselves by selling much better quality animal feed than they do. What they have is for the most part loaded with roughage products. Says so right on the label. They brag about the fiber. Roughage products are probably rice hulls that they get for free. You don't buy feed for roughage, that's what pasture and hay is for. Their oil, grease, and filters etc. are no bargain either. I drove 80 miles one way yesterday to get a load of range meal supplement and a few bags of sweet feed for the cows when I have a farm co-op and Tractor Supply store 12 miles away. The feed I bought has no roughage added, is excellent feed, and is less expensive. If it cost more per bag than TS it would still be cheaper all things considered.

As to TS going "WOKE", they have every kind of fruitcake type working there already. I'll go there only if I need something that won't wait and nobody else has it available.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
While they may be woke, in the wake of NYS new CCW bullchit law, they were the only box store in my little AO that posted a sign saying "Lawful Concealed Carry welcome here". That was pretty significant in my opinion.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
On the other hand it could be as simple as changing out their heat/ac to more efficient units to cut costs. They may have been going to do this anyway, but make it sound like they are helping the environment. They don't want protesters in front of their stores.

Becoming more efficient is not woke, it is just about saving money. I recently changed out my two air conditioning units because they burned out. I got the cheapest new ones I could, and they still save me about 20% in electric bills over the old ones which is good. But, I wasn't going to change out my old ones if they were still working.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Great idea - hire and promote people based on their race rather than their credentials. That's sure to promote profits.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Once 50 ish Management are gone all you’ll be left with will be Wokesters ..

Most Corporation Talent is from the Infected College/University
the Left Owns ..

Sorry They Won …

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I get my tractor supplies from Steiner's.

That said - we have a TSG here in town. It's the only store of its type within 30 miles of us. I've never been in there - just opened recently. So if they're looking for staff that mirrors the community it serves - no changes is likely the rule for the vast majority of their stores.

Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,065
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.