Campfire Kahuna
Tippin fo fos

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by hillestadj
If I ordered a $100 steak or a $10 dollar burger same amount of trips back and forth no? Why does burger waitress get $2 but steak gets $20?

That is lost on so many.
Including the pinhead waitress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cash. I usually start out mentally at 20% and start deducting as the meal goes until I reach the final figure.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/01/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was at a bar one night on a company gig, so the boss asked me to put a tab on my company card.

It wasn't alot, maybe $600 all told but I was in no condition to do math so when the time came to close out the tab, I gave the waitress a $50 tip which in my state I thought was pretty decent. Easy math.

On the way out the door the manager tracked me down and asked if there was a problem with the service because I gave such a crappy tip. I told her to tell me what a fair tip was. I was embarrassed that I did it, but in my head, I thought $50 was pretty good for slinging drinks for a couple of hours.I don't remember what I ended up giving her. I'm sure it was probably 20%.- whatever number the manager came up with that I thought was reasonable.

That was the first and only time anyone tracked me down for being a schitty tiipper.

I will never understand the reason for a tip being a percentage of the bill.

Then just go to McDonalds. Fine restaurants are off limits for you.

While I readily admit to being of lesser social status than my betters, I did not call for the abolishment of tipping, I merely am puzzled as to why it should be related to the bill.

What's so hard to understand about the fact that if you order 10 beers instead of 2 the waitress had to make 8 more trips to your table?

If I ordered a $100 steak or a $10 dollar burger same amount of trips back and forth no? Why does burger waitress get $2 but steak gets $20?

I will tell you this, if you were a young man in your twenties, or thirties, and you were on a first date with a "hot chick."
Of course your goal is to "get nekkid" with the girl. So, you don't take her to McDonalds, you take her to a really nice restaurant. If she catches you leaving a cheapo tip, your chance of banging her just went to zero. All young gals have either worked as waitresses, or their mother or sister did, they don't like cheap tippers.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

That is lost on so many.

and the steak takes less time to cook

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Don't eat yellow snow."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was at a bar one night on a company gig, so the boss asked me to put a tab on my company card.

It wasn't alot, maybe $600 all told but I was in no condition to do math so when the time came to close out the tab, I gave the waitress a $50 tip which in my state I thought was pretty decent. Easy math.

On the way out the door the manager tracked me down and asked if there was a problem with the service because I gave such a crappy tip. I told her to tell me what a fair tip was. I was embarrassed that I did it, but in my head, I thought $50 was pretty good for slinging drinks for a couple of hours.I don't remember what I ended up giving her. I'm sure it was probably 20%.- whatever number the manager came up with that I thought was reasonable.

That was the first and only time anyone tracked me down for being a schitty tiipper.

While I readily admit to being of lesser social status than my betters, I did not call for the abolishment of tipping, I merely am puzzled as to why it should be related to the bill.

What's so hard to understand about the fact that if you order 10 beers instead of 2 the waitress had to make 8 more trips to your table?

I will tell you this, if you were a young man in your twenties, or thirties, and you were on a first date with a "hot chick."
Of course your goal is to "get nekkid" with the girl. So, you don't take her to McDonalds, you take her to a really nice restaurant. If she catches you leaving a cheapo tip, your chance of banging her just went to zero. All young gals have either worked as waitresses, or their mother or sister did, they don't like cheap tippers.

Pull one off of a hog or tobacco farm

She’ll be THRILLED with a $10 pizza

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

LOL, that's not a tip, it's an investment!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We tip because women are predominantly the ones with those jobs.

Women are equal to men in every way...so therefore must be tipped and given extra help.

They will have to go back to whoring if you don't tip.....and you don't want that. Do ya?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, which will cost me more?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Women are equal to men in every way...so therefore must be tipped and given extra help.

They will have to go back to whoring if you don't tip.....and you don't want that. Do ya?
At the afore mentioned restaurant my wife and I attend weekly there was once a couple (male/female) of college students working there. The girl who was nice looking told us she more than doubled her boyfriend in tips received.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I tended bar in a backwoods tavern in a tourist are for a few years.
In my experience, the most reliable tippers are locals.
The best tippers, at least where I worked, were tourist snowmobilers.
The worst tippers were groups of women and tree huggers.
People who drank and ordered food were better tippers than just drinkers.
More than once I have had people leave me a joint as a tip.
One man who owned a food distributorship of some sort downstate once one left me two racks of Lamb as a tip.
In general, people who have worked for tips at some point in their lives are the most generous.
I don't know about all states but many allow owners to pay waitstaff far below Federal minimum wage because they get tips. A travesty of justice if ever there was.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings

At the afore mentioned restaurant my wife and I attend weekly there was once a couple (male/female) of college students working there. The girl who was nice looking told us she more than doubled her boyfriend in tips received.

The expectation that women will do ‘special’ things for money is a long held belief by men.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'll keep that in mind when I time travel back to my twenties...

I tip well, the above is an example - but valid question none the less. Do you have an actual answer other than if you want to fu,ck a new girl you need to flash the cash?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I mean, kinda.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
I tended bar in a backwoods tavern in a tourist are for a few years.
In my experience, the most reliable tippers are locals.
The best tippers, at least where I worked, were tourist snowmobilers.
The worst tippers were groups of women and tree huggers.
People who drank and ordered food were better tippers than just drinkers.
More than once I have had people leave me a joint as a tip.
One man who owned a food distributorship of some sort downstate once one left me two racks of Lamb as a tip.
In general, people who have worked for tips at some point in their lives are the most generous.
I don't know about all states but many allow owners to pay waitstaff far below Federal minimum wage because they get tips. A travesty of justice if ever there was.

Cool fabrication, tell us more

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I agree !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Exactly !

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Its incredible to me, and others as well, that you persist in the delusion that your mindless drivel somehow bothers me. What a sad pathetic man you are. I pity you. Whatever satisfaction your 3rd grade mentality derives from your foolish blabber, I'm glad I can help you. Carry on loser boy just don't stop loving me huh? smile smile smile
But I would like to add one last thing.........just for you Buttercup!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Anxiously awaiting your next numbnuts comments! Or comments from your fellow cyberbully nutsacks.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Uncle_Alvah; 12/01/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Moved on past the 'woe is me' stage I see.

FJB & FJT
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,932
Posts18,479,955
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.