-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk...where/how do you Droolers dream this schit up?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Jeezus Fhuqk...where/how do you Droolers dream this schit up?!? Hint.

Amen.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Just treat it like any other chambering. In step 4), adjust your FL die (I prefer Forster) to bump the shoulder 0.002-0.003”. Done.

Same here. Set the die for the gun you wanna reload for and it’s a one time deal most of the time. 2-3 thou is great fit and you’ll likely never wear the brass out unless you’re hammering the heck out of it or you never anneal.

Good post scotty. I PFL using just run of the mill RCBS dies. Accuracy/precision is good enough for me:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
7mm RM brass shown after sizing. Figured that would be the best representation for the op, since he's asking about that cartridge. Be sure to set your die with brass that has been fireformed to your chamber. I also have 2 7mm rem mags, but they are both Winchester model 70 classics and they look like the chambers have been cut with the same reamer. Got lucky on that one!!!

The shoulder bump is the key (.002-.003" is about perfect). I treat all of my belted mag brass just like any other brass. It shoots just the same as standard non belted stuff and feeds excellent. Never an issue.. Some guys want to make newbies think the belt is a hinderance, but that shows their lack of knowledge and experience.

You sure are getting sooty necks....

That's from my die, you really are an idiot. I like to keep my dies like that, so I can tell what they are doing. You may want to listen, rather than open your big mouth. Listen to the men here: You might learn something.. Some things seem to go right over your head though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Belted cases are made short to the shoulder and undersized in the body.
There was an excellent reason when they were invented.
As my big game is killed with a semi-auto belted magnum rifle I only use fully prepped new brass when hunting.
Shoots 3 sub moa which is good enuf.
No reason for belts anymore unless you're shooting a break open rifle that you can't find a rimmed cartridge for.
Waiting for a semi-auto in 300 Norma or 30 Nosler.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That's from my die, you really are an idiot. I like to keep my dies like that, so I can tell what they are doing. You may want to listen, rather than open your big mouth. Listen to the men here: You might learn something.. Some things seem to go right over your head though..

The soot is from your dies....and I'm m the idiot ?

Child it might be time to clean your sooty dies you idiot

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC

You can buy powdered graphite case lube, you fuucking dolt. Some of us use it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by LFC

Have most of a 1 pound can left….got it in the mid seventies. Great way to inside neck lube …..but, you do get it on the outside as well! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 11/30/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by LFC

Have most of a 1 pound can left….got it in the mid seventies. Great way to inside neck lube …..but, you do get it on the outside as well! memtb

My dad used it a lot for his BR brass. When he passed, I inherited his stash. Good stuff. I lube all sorts of stuff with graphite now, including case necks!

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Only dolts lube the outside of their case necks....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

Part of the process and very easy to wipe off! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

I'm going to go ahead and quote you on that, every time it becomes relevant.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't run an expander button in my dies...I have no need to lube the neck.

If I'm using a full length body die I just lightly touch the bottom two thirds of the case walls with some Imperial sizing wax and lightly lube the inside of the neck with a nylon brush.

I guess some of you girls need soot on your cases to tell what your doing....grease them up if you have them girls.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Again, if you’re smoking cases after 3 reloads you can really do whatever you want, hopefully far away from people that aren’t wearing safety glasses or long sleeves.

Semper Fi
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I full length size my 7 mags, have 6, ain’t got time to sort brass for each one. I load 64 grains of IMR 4350 with a 140 Nosler ballistic tip. That load has shot well in many 7 mags. I hunt, ain’t a paper shooter, except to check before season. I have multiples of several rifles, don’t neck size for any rifle I own.

I cshitcan belted brass after the 4th firing.

Last edited by hanco; 12/01/22.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Again, if you’re smoking cases after 3 reloads you can really do whatever you want, hopefully far away from people that aren’t wearing safety glasses or long sleeves.

I never said I was smoking cases after 3 firings I said the primer pockets start feeling a little loose after 3 or 4 firings when they did I pitched them.

I been handloading since about 1976 or 77....never once have I had any issues with any thing I've handloaded.....each gun is a different animal when you're loading hot.
At the first sign of pressure I always back off a little.

I don't remember the exact load I was shooting in my 24" barreled 7mm Rem. magnum I do recall the velocity I was shooting. The 5 shot average over a PACT chronograph was 3325 fps with Reloader 19 and a 140 gr. Nosler Ballitic tip the powder charge was a little over recommended max....I was set up .010 off the lands.

With a160 gr. Nosler Partition I was averaging a little over 3200 fps with Hodgedon 1000 I cam recall of the powder charge was over the recommended max and both loads shot to the same point of impact at 100 yards..

You girls should stick to your pip squeak Creedmores...I hear their cases last forever.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
These guys act like a 7 mag is a target gun....

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
STUPIDITY has no "edge" and is simply to the fhuqking bone,as you obliviously quantify. Hint.

For even more oblivious HILARITY,cite the particulars of your "Edge" rifle and the ammo associated. Then dangle a picture of the Goat Fhuqk,to knock it out of the park. Dare ya'. Hint.

Sounds like you been drinking too much Goat sizum Slick...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC
These guys act like a 7 mag is a target gun....
You seem to be gender confused...first we're girls, then we're guys.

Doesn't say good things about your judgment. But you do you.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bet you bozos use Lee dies with O rings....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LFC

I never said I was smoking cases after 3 firings I said the primer pockets start feeling a little loose after 3 or 4 firings when they did I pitched them.

I been handloading since about 1976 or 77....never once have I had any issues with any thing I've handloaded.....each gun is a different animal when you're loading hot.
At the first sign of pressure I always back off a little.

I don't remember the exact load I was shooting in my 24" barreled 7mm Rem. magnum I do recall the velocity I was shooting. The 5 shot average over a PACT chronograph was 3325 fps with Reloader 19 and a 140 gr. Nosler Ballitic tip the powder charge was a little over recommended max....I was set up .010 off the lands.

With a160 gr. Nosler Partition I was averaging a little over 3200 fps with Hodgedon 1000 I cam recall of the powder charge was over the recommended max and both loads shot to the same point of impact at 100 yards..

You girls should stick to your pip squeak Creedmores...I hear their cases last forever.

If you’re getting 3200 with a 160 and any powder out of a 24” barrel you’re putting the berries to it. I shoot bigger cases 7mms and that’d smoke my stuff out of longer barrels.

It’s your rifle and such so I don’t rightly care how you use your stuff. Don’t take it the wrong way, I like to run my stuff to what it’s capable of. I just don’t believe hammering my guns and brass adds anything to the gunfight.

Semper Fi
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.