Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Well said Mr. Bigsky,

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

To simplify, we have two types of people for the most part. We have people that believe in the freedom and sovereignty of the individual and we have people that believe in the collective.

The collective is essentially Marxism. They are parasites looking for a free ride. You stop providing that for them and they will direct the government to destroy you, literally.

Conservatives believe in individual responsibly and that is essential for freedom.

Leftist manipulate people by appealing to their weakness, such as envy, envy is a wicked emotion. Selfishness, slothfulness, lazyness, victimhood etc... evil manipulations.

Marxism has failed every time it is tried 100%

Freedom succeeds every time it is tried.... it isn't easy.

The alternative promises easy, but soon it's discovered they lied, they do it for power and control and the "useful " idiots that fall for the lies will be the first to die under the new system.

Then they will force the slavery and misery on everyone. They will have to use force, as the productive people will stop producing if there is no reward and others benefit but they do not. Then the fun begins.

And the evil people that promised the free lunch will be entrenched and impossible to remove.

This is the history of civilization, until America was created by strong freedom loving wise men!!!

I see one word missing in many of the well crafted responses in this thread - WORK.

The sloven collective demanding free schit will not tolerate their marxist free schit providers introducing WORK as a valid component of personal happiness.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you earned it legally, morally, and ethically...it's yours. Not mine. You will cherish it and value it more than I ever could.

If you can't work...I'll help.

If you won't work...you're on your own. Plenty of crappy low paying jobs out there being done by people with a bit of work ethic and integrity.

Don't dare to try and shame me and use my Christianity as a weapon against me when you aren't Christian and are actively trying to destroy it.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LBJ,s great society almost 6 decades later.....
The ploy set up to create a nanny state for votes and power for one party that constantly cultivated and pandered for this schitt we have today....

And their demographics have been expanding ever since on the taxpayers nickel.

We have the world's most expensive voting pets......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr
Thank you for a well thought out question.

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.
Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.
I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good
I appreciate the thoughtful quest and demeanor of TheBigSky in dealing with your post, but my reaction is based more on stark reality - not such gentle contemplative style. Engaging typical liberal/progressive avoidance, you thank TheBigSky for "a well thought out question" and then you refuse to answer it. He directly asked what it is that sends your type over the top. You ignore that and dish out mush based on "seems", "feels", etc, and your dissatisfaction because you can't get Republicans to give you what you want. So - no - such dialogue is NOT good - it is worthless with regard to solution or understanding. So, what is it that sends your type over the top.

he answered the question....you may not like how he worded it....but he answered it....bob

No he didn't, he spewed Democrat talking points, he explained nothing.

are they demorat talking points...of course they are.....the same as conservative talking points explain how we think...bob

Name some conservative "talking points" for us.

rick have you ever listened to a rush show....dont play dense.....bob

Didn't listen to Rush much, but would like to hear of some conservative "talking points" that 5 or so media outlets parroted. You know like the leftards do.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm not sure I relate to the "fairness" vector in conservatives being weaker than in liberals. I find most conservatives to have a VERY strong sense of right and wrong, another way to describe fairness.

It's my perception that liberals approach fairness, the violation of the sense of right and wrong if you will, differently than conservatives. I find the difference along the lines of the old proverb about giving the man a fish, vs. teaching a man to fish.

When a liberal sees injustice, his reaction is to give the poor fellow a fish, so he may eat. Preferably someone else's fish, but that's another discussion.

When a conservative sees injustice, he suggests the man learns to fish for himself, preferably by pulling himself up by his boot straps.

The difference, at it's core, is the liberal belief that justice is in the outcomes of life, where the conservative sees justice in the equality of opportunity. The liberal wants to distribute the goods in a fair and just way among everybody, whereas the conservative is content to simply have fair and just opportunity for everyone to obtain their own goods (equality and justice in the pursuit of happiness, if you will).

The psychology behind this difference must be interesting, and I strongly suspects it correlates nearly perfectly with the locus of control of the individuals: I suspect liberals will have a much more external locus of control than conservatives. They do not feel they can influence their lives outcome nearly as much as a conservative does.

Good post.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Your reponse, Northman, is so full of absurdities and false assertions one hardly knows how to begin. However, it is a classic example, along with my following response of why we get nowhere.

Originally Posted by Northman
Problem with Republicans, is that they are the most right wing party of ANY other comparable Western nation!!
Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them. Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

This is not even close to true and a false assertion of the positions of the vast majority of Republicans. For the most part, conservatives want government out of most facets of our lives, that's it. The left calls that extreme right or, the ever popular "lets make up a new definition for a word that has negative connotations", facistic. Conservatives believe that government takeovers of things in which it has no business causes more harm than good. Historically speaking, modern day Republicans are more middle of the road or even left-leaning, than ever in history. You just see the gap created by Democrats moving further and further to the left.

Add to that, that most Republicans belive US to be the BEST AND FREEST country in the world...
Which sets them up to NEVER want to fix anything.. because why fix something that is perfect?

The first half of the above statement is probably true and, we therefore feel it is worth saving rather than changing into something we don't want. The second half is, in my opinion, an absurdity. Things that really do, objectively speaking, need fixed, that require government to do so, usually have general agreement from liberals and conservatives. They just don't become evidence of bipartisan agreement. Unfortunately those things get lost in the morass of "government is the answer to everything".

Meanwhile, the Western world has moved on and overtaken US on most metrics that measures wellbeing, work life balance, happiness, life expectancy.

I would agree that in certain areas in certain countries that may be true. However, conservatives believe that government "take over" causes way more problems than it solves. One can look at empirical data from the first 75% of the 20th century with respect to social issues and compare to now and see that is true. The more government got involved (trying to be like "other countries") the worse things became.

Other western countries have: "Better Everything" - (Not his words, mine, with apologies, just to shorten quote)

"A" country may be better than us an "AN ISSUE"; however, even as much as we conservatives complain about our government, it is interesting to note that, as you stated, we still think we have the greatest country in the world. However, you, and many like you, think we suck. There is a reason we are the number one destination of people leaving other countries and it's not because we are "worse at it" than they are.

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST... Since this is the argument of a simpleton and is completely absurd I will just respond with "No it's not". You drifted away from intelligent argument there Northman, in my opinion.
Claiming US to be the best country in the world and claiming to love it, while refusing to pay taxes to actually fix things...

First, the assertion that Republicans are refusing to pay taxes is flat out false and an example of how the Democrat and leftist control of the narrative makes people hate one another. However, taxes are an interesting issue. The vast majority of government spending on social programs is wasted on bureaucratic b.s. and graft. Government involvement in most social programs is worse than if there were no government involvement at all. However, many conservatives believe that we "should help those in true need". That ends up creating a perpetual system whereby government hand-outs become a way of life. Not for all but for many. Any time a Republican submits a means of streamlining and improving such systems, without negatively affecting what people truly in need would receive, those that control the narrative argue just as you did.

Just give corporations more power and remove some more workers rights, cut health insurance, and everything will be better... the market will fix things, I am certain.
(after Corporations pay of some more politicians, because money is free speech)

That's rich. To argue that corporations and big business are in league with Republicans just goes counter to everything we see on a day to day basis. The biggest corporations and businesses carry the water for the Democrat party and vice versa. To me, this comes down to idiotic economic policies which are implemented, once again, because of the control of the narrative. Irrespective of true intent, Democrat politicians lie about the "don't pay their fair share". I'm no apologist for this big corporations and the wealthy; however, that is probably the biggest lie in modern politics. I guess we could argue as to what is "subjectively" fair. However, under no metric could one objectively argue that our system of taxation is fair and that the rich don't pay their fair share. I know there is a point at which the argument fails. However, every single time our government has lowered tax rates, revenues to the government have gone up. What better way to fund "needed social programs" could possibly exist.

This crosses over to so many issues. However, arguing for lower tax rates to increase revenues to the government, incentivise more investment in business and products, thus creating more jobs for everybody, thus broadening the tax payer base and thus, again, increasing revenues to government coffers all the while not having corporations passing their increased tax costs onto the consumer simply becomes "tax cuts for the rich" and hating the little guy. It's simply absurd and devious. What I described has happened every time such tax cuts were implemented. Immensely more numbers of poor were helped by those tax cuts than were rich.

It is easier for those who control the narrative to assign evil motives and hate rather than to objectively discuss issues and remedies.

Great post, sad it is wasted on a leftist. Knowing he lacks the ability for any but very shallow thought. His MSNBC programmer will erase this from his short term memory.

Dog I rescued in January

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Dess
If you earned it legally, morally, and ethically...it's yours. Not mine. You will cherish it and value it more than I ever could.

If you won't work...you're on your own. Plenty of crappy low paying jobs out there being done by people with a bit of work ethic and integrity.

Don't dare to try and shame me and use my Christianity as a weapon against me when you aren't Christian and are actively trying to destroy it.

Well put. It seems odd that this position would be labeled “conservative “. I find it so reasonable that I’d call it moderate. Nothing extreme about it in the least. That others would call these beliefs extreme speaks volumes about our society.

Last edited by WMR; 12/07/22. Reason: Spelling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Our current student loan forgiveness fiasco is a classic example of where the parties/philosophies differ. We have a bunch of people who, of their own free will, entered into contracts to borrowed someone else's money while promising to pay it back. So far, so good. And then, they got an "education" or a "degree" that is worthless. Keep in mind that all other options were still available to them. Then, we have a political party that says "let's forgive that debt". For some odd reason, there are people, mostly conservative, who oppose that policy. In return, there can be no alternative other than to be labeled as hate mongers and racists and favoring the wealthy elite, most of whom are demonstrably leftist or at least left-leaning. These are the economic policies that divide us and rational discussion and empirical data are not allowed in this arena of ideas. The arguments have become insane.

It's to a point where white males are in fear of being in an automobile accident with "pick a minority or aggrieved individual" and being labeled as a racist or hate monger. It's nuts. It's nuts that I have to write this. What is the current political debate would have made a great comedic movie in years passed.

The student loan fiasco was a phony scam to get college students to vote for demrats. Biden knew it was not constitutional and once again made fools of the fools. As for getting in an accident with a minority or aggrieved individual his race or mental status mean nothing to me, he better have insurance and he better show some respect. Otherwise the accident might have been the best part of his day.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love that antelope sniper jumped on to explain emotional reactions.

LOL

He’s one of the biggest bitches on here.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Dess

Well put. It seems odd that this position would be labeled “conservative “. I find it so reasonable that I’d call it moderate. Nothing extreme about it in the least. That others would call these beliefs extreme speaks volumes about our society.

+2. The idea that a sane, able-bodied person is entitled to have someone else (the government) take care of him is getting to be more prevalent than personal responsibility these days.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sycamore can’t respond because he’s counting his disability money.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Problem with Republicans, is that they are the most right wing party of ANY other comparable Western nation!!
Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them.
Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

Add to that, that most Republicans belive US to be the BEST AND FREEST country in the world...
Which sets them up to NEVER want to fix anything.. because why fix something that is perfect?

Meanwhile, the Western world has moved on and overtaken US on most metrics that measures wellbeing, work life balance, happiness, life expectancy.

Other western countries have:
Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation
Better worker regulations
Less exploitation by companies

Less dangerous food additives.
Safer food in general
Better conditions for farm animals
Cheaper and better healthcare
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Better long term national planning
Cheaper Childcare
Lower rates of child mortality
Better internett coverage
Better cellular coverage

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST...
Claiming US to be the best country in the world and claiming to love it, while refusing to pay taxes to actually fix things...

Just give corporations more power and remove some more workers rights, cut health insurance, and everything will be better... the market will fix things, I am certain.

I bet all of those Western Countries you speak of have a predominate white population and very very strict immigration policies as well? You likely aren't going to be able to immigrate to them unless you got considerable wealth, right? I also bet they don't have a 3rd world cointry next door with a wide open border letting in peasants with their hands out on a daily basis? These countries you speak of have tons of resources and low populations, right? Probably lower populations than 3 or 4 of our major cities combined, right? That's how the Socialist BS works in those countries, and the same reasons it cannot work in ours. It's a pipe dream...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 12/07/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them.
Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

Other western countries have:
Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation
Better worker regulations
Less exploitation by companies

Less dangerous food additives.
Safer food in general
Better conditions for farm animals
Cheaper and better healthcare
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Better long term national planning
Cheaper Childcare
Lower rates of child mortality
Better internett coverage
Better cellular coverage

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST...

Source for your above 'claims' (bold)...?

Pew Research:

[Linked Image from pewresearch.org]

Measuring the ‘good’ life around the world
By Jacob Poushter

What makes a good life? Usually this question is in the domain of priests, philosophers and metaphysicians, but the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), a think tank consisting of 34 mostly rich countries, sought to find the answers with data.

The organization’s Better Life Index looks at 23 indicators of current well-being across 11 domains, from how much people earn and the cost of housing, to life expectancy, and even to how much time off people get from work. Most of the indicators are culled from OECD’s own research based on country-level government data, but they also include public opinion surveys – all of which could be combined to form scores on a “well-being” scale.

The Many Ways to Measure a 'Good' LifeOverall, a Pew Research Center analysis of the data finds that life is good in most of these countries – almost all fall within the organization’s average range. But well-being is notably better for people in Norway and the U.S. than it is for people in Turkey and Mexico.

And there’s a lot of nuance in between. For example, if you think well-being is defined by financial wealth and household income, the U.S. is the place for you. But if you prefer time off from work, France is the ideal place, by far, to put down roots. On the other hand, if you are trying to avoid victimization and dying from assault, Mexico is not your ideal destination.

The reports’ authors looked at the essential ingredients that shape people’s well-being in these 34 nations. To standardize different measures, OECD converted each indicator to a “z score” that represents standard deviations above or below the 34-nation average. The OECD average is represented by a z score of 0; scores closer to 1 and above represent higher well-being and those closer to -1 and below indicate lower well-being. We analyzed the data by averaging the z scores across all 23 indicators to see how the countries ranked. For this average, each indicator received equal weight.

Our analysis finds that overall, people’s well-being is higher in Northern European countries, such as Norway (average relative well-being score of 0.74) and Iceland (0.67), both which score high in terms of employment and job security, as well as environmental factors, such as having clean air and water.
Life Is Pretty Good in Norway and the U.S., Not So Great in Mexico and Turkey

Other rich countries, like Australia (0.59), the U.S. (0.54) and Canada (0.53), do well on account of high perceived health and larger homes (rooms per person). Denmark, while scoring high (0.45), lags behind the U.S., in part because of more expensive housing and less wealth.

The U.S.’s well-being score is bolstered by the fact that it far surpasses all other OECD nations in income and wealth measures. The only country to come even close to the U.S. when looking at wealth is Switzerland, and even it falls well short. However, in terms of jobs, the U.S. lags comparatively in one important well-being factor: time off.

This is not a problem for the French. Across the countries where time off is measured, France has the highest score (2.20). France finds itself in the middle of the pack (overall 0.18) on many other factors, contributing to its close to average well-being score.

Other middle of the road well-being scores occur in places like Japan (0.16), South Korea (-0.23) and Israel (-0.23). In these countries, they might score noticeably high or low in a few categories, but, overall, come up about average.

For example, South Korea lags behind due in part to the low score it gets for perceived health and social support. Only 35% of Koreans say their health is “good” or “very good,” and 72% believe that they know someone they could rely on in times of need, the lowest such score across OECD countries. But Koreans do score very high on education and housing affordability.

Many Southern and Eastern European countries find themselves slightly below the OECD average on overall well-being. For Southern Europe, that’s partly because of low scores in educational attainment and employment, and for Eastern Europe, lower income and life expectancy play a factor.

In Hungary, life expectancy is a large factor to its relatively low well-being score. Hungarians live an average of 75 years, nearly five years lower than the OECD average. Hungarians are also one of the grumpier countries in the OECD, with a life satisfaction grade of 4.9 out of 10, much lower than the average OECD grade of 6.6.

But the bottom of the list includes poorer emerging economies, such as Turkey (-1.27) and Mexico (-1.48).

Turkey’s score is hurt by a variety of factors, such as a high percentage of people working more than 50 hours per week (41%) and basic sanitation (relative score of -3.34). But it is important to remember that Turkey is an emerging economy: While economic circumstances aren’t the only factors affecting happiness, people in richer nations, on average, report being happier.

Mexico ranks even lower, partially because of the high crime rates in the country. With 12.8% of people in Mexico saying they’ve been assaulted or mugged in the past year, and a homicide rate of 23.4 per 100,000 people, fixing the nation’s violent crime issue would be a big step to improving the country’s overall well-being. Still, other factors, such as poor education and low social support, keep Mexico on the bottom of the index.

For more detailed country data on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the various indicators used in the index, you can download the data directly from OECD.

Mapped: Global Happiness Levels in 2022

[Linked Image from visualcapitalist.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me.

I think it's mostly the hate, racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia, science denial, climate change denial, anti-vaxx views, that are spread by the Republican party!

So much of it seems intended to appeal to nasty and stupid people!

How can anyone find such things inspiring?

[Linked Image from exposedbycmd.org]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Goosey
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me.

I think it's mostly the hate, racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia, science denial, climate change denial, anti-vaxx views, that are spread by the Republican party!

So much of it seems intended to appeal to nasty and stupid people!

How can anyone find such things inspiring?

[Linked Image from exposedbycmd.org]

Looks pretty wholesome to me.

You forgot to mention your butt fughking corksucking pedophile drag queen abortion loving friends.

Drug riddled inner dimocrap cities with dimocraps looting stores and crapping in needle filled streets?

Tent cities.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/08/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Gooschiets idea of progress and happiness.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Here's your clean, Gooschiett.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll say it dimtards are scum!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Gooschiets crew is wholesome and clean.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Gooschiets crew is wholesome and clean.

Odumbo with a female? Come on man!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,280
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.