Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by WAM
Yep, the Weatherby Haters and Leupold Haters are cut from the same cloth.

There are two kinds of them: Those who have Weatherby rifles and those who wish they did….

In today’s manufacturing and quality control environment, anything can be out of specs or faulty.

My 6.5-300 Wby has less than two full boxes of ammo through it, yet I have 100% confidence that it will go bang and the bullet will go where aimed. I always take a backup rifle on out of state elk hunts where I have a place to store my spare. I never leave a firearm in a vehicle for the thieves to pluck.

No, no. You must have 37 rounds of testing. Any more and then you're just wasting money and any less you're just a fool lol

Last edited by mjbgalt; 12/04/22.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WAM
There are two kinds of them: Those who have Weatherby rifles and those who wish they did….

BS generalization.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
6 rounds from sight in to hunting????

I was scratching my head on that too.

I don't see a problem with it. Hell, just 2 weeks ago my wife drove to work in a car with 5 miles on it.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by WAM

BS generalization.

Yes, indeed! I agree wholeheartedly. Just like most of the Weatherby haters’ BS statements! LOL! 🤣🤣🤣

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by WAM

In today’s manufacturing and quality control environment, anything can be out of specs or faulty.

My 6.5-300 Wby has less than two full boxes of ammo through it, yet I have 100% confidence that it will go bang and the bullet will go where aimed. I always take a backup rifle on out of state elk hunts where I have a place to store my spare. I never leave a firearm in a vehicle for the thieves to pluck.

No, no. You must have 37 rounds of testing. Any more and then you're just wasting money and any less you're just a fool lol

I think that’s precisely the number I fired so far. You must be clairvoyant! 😂😂😂

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have 4 rounds thru my Mark V and I am taking it hunting in a little over a month. Should I be worried?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well yeah. Because if it doesn't work right you'll get bitched at by guys on here. Lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well yeah. Because if it doesn't work right you'll get bitched at by guys on here. Lol
I forgot I have to take it to the range and fire the obligatory fouling shot so that will make it 5 possibly 6. Hope nothing breaks on it. Its a 257 bee and you know how they burn barrels and are inaccurate as hell>

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol mine has not been fired at all yet. Not even allowed to pick it up yet

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lol mine has not been fired at all yet. Not even allowed to pick it up yet

Let us know how it goes, prayers sent.

IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WAM

Weatherby envy? Not hardly. I guess I’d be group #3. Owned a couple MK V’s, a 7mm and a 257. Good enough guns but didn’t rate as keepers. 2 more if you count Orion shotguns. I liked them but they also went down the road. I guess I’m Non-Weatherby- Binary. Or something like that.

Edited to add: I shot em all more than 6 times. Thousands of rounds through a SKB Orion 12ga.

Last edited by WMR; 12/04/22.
B
B
…which is very weird given that Weatherbys are known for having a long freebore🧐

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Their 6.5 RPM does not have the typical long Wby freebore. They’ve made a point of saying that in the write ups on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good grief.... obviously the bullet stuck in the lands and that is why it separated upon extraction.... the powder jammed up the works.... jeesh , not rocket science

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Good grief.... obviously the bullet stuck in the lands and that is why it separated upon extraction.... the powder jammed up the works.... jeesh , not rocket science

I posted this on page 1 and they are still going at it

quote=jwp475]

Sounds like a very short chamber throat

[/quote]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

Amen....covered early on. wink But in the best Campfire tradition, once it gets past a few of replies....things go in the toilet pretty quickly. Mostly the work of bogus OP's, trollers and multi-handle types. In 10 more replies, somebody will bloviate about someones family, cheek weld, what they'd use in Antarctica or some other moronic blah-blah.

"This one time...at band camp...."

Forbidden Zoner
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's been 20 or more years since I've had a Weatherby MK V. I'm just curious about what type and style of trigger the current production is using.

I don't need to know about Leupold products nor want to.

D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Factory ammo is expensive lol. I mounted a SWFA 10X milquad on it. First two shots were nearly touching and a click or two on one knob put me where i wanted to be. Next three shots from three different shooters were in a tight group. I suppose this doesn't pass Campfire accuracy but Im easy to impress. There is no loose powder in the bolt. Hope to hear back from Weatherby tomorrow. I have 60 rounds of the 127 grain LRX... it has a slightly shorter coal... might need to go that route once the bolt is sorted out.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dogger
The ejector pulled the brass out dumping powder into the breech and leaving the bullet. Oh boy. Took a cleaning rod and ran it down the muzzle and a gentle tap dropped the bullet.

Hunted two seasons with my Sako 85 doing the same thing. Carried my cleaning rod to & from the blind every time.
It was my fault though. My loads shot so accurately & fast with bullet jammed hard into the lands, I was remiss to address it. Finally did & now it is back to proper function.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Dogger
The ejector pulled the brass out dumping powder into the breech and leaving the bullet. Oh boy. Took a cleaning rod and ran it down the muzzle and a gentle tap dropped the bullet.

Hunted two seasons with my Sako 85 doing the same thing. Carried my cleaning rod to & from the blind every time.
It was my fault though. My loads shot so accurately & fast with bullet jammed hard into the lands, I was remiss to address it. Finally did & now it is back to proper function.

I would not admit to this.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.