-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 22 Hornet and a 220 Swift NIB Rifles,that never see a barrel/chamber temp greater than 90 degrees,won't die at like round counts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by irfubar
Pump the rounds through your so called fast cooling carbon barrel and burn out the steel liner in no time.... at three times the replacement cost? no thanks
I would only consider it for something like a 308 that has long barrel life
If CF does cool faster, it ought to show up as at least marginally better barrel life. It's heat that kills barrels.

If you research Springfield's Waypoint with a carbon fiber barrel they claim to flute the steel barrel under the carbon fiber to assist dissipating the heat, that suggest the carbon fiber traps the heat.
Feeling the outside surface and it being cool leads me to believe it does indeed trap the heat

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've nothing against them. Nothing for them either.

For me, the best use is to fit a stock that already has an uber-big channel that I don't want "as much" weight as a varmint/sendero steel would have.

After using one, I learned if overall light weight is what you want, you want light contour steel. 20" carbon to 22" #1 (with a smaller bore) saved about 1/2 a pound.

Not for me either,but perhaps viable for some. Light done right,has NO equal. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Same problem a friend and an acguaintance have, flyers.
Friend is going to have a heart-attack if he doesn't get this barrel shooting,laf, he sent me this link.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I can’t imagine waiting 3-4 minutes between shots much less 8-10 minutes. My groups probably aren’t as good though.

THIS
Last time I shot my ABolt, I shot a .28 three shot group as fast as I could settle the reticle.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by drop_point
It has enough meat to accept my suppressor where a purely steel barrel of the same weight wouldn't.

Please expound on this here…

Question wasnt directed at me, but i belive what hes saying, which is the way i look at it is, say you want a barrel with a .75 muzzle diameter to seat a direct thread suppressor. The all steel barrel at that diameter will weigh more than a cf barrel at the same diameter

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
It has enough meat to accept my suppressor where a purely steel barrel of the same weight wouldn't.

Question wasnt directed at me, but i belive what hes saying, which is the way i look at it is, say you want a barrel with a .75 muzzle diameter to seat a direct thread suppressor. The all steel barrel at that diameter will weigh more than a cf barrel at the same diameter

What bore diameter and thread size exactly?

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

Im talking in general. A carbon fiber barrel with xxx diameter should weigh less than an all steel barrel of the same diameter

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just built a 6 ARC with a Proof Research barrel. Tried to talk the son out of spending that much for a barrel but he he has the means and insisted. So far, the rifle shoots good. Still need to do some load development.. we have only shot 100 rounds down the tube so far, but I am not seeing flyers or shift in zero.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've a "few" Krunchentickers so chambered,none of which ain't not steel,through and through. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Jut sayin'...............

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Maybe I’ll start building an electric primer gizmo with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel in a 7 RSAUM Creedmoor….I wonder if I should AI it too?…..😂

Questions to answers not asked…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Suppressors typically need around 0.7” of diameter at the shoulder to ensure stability and eliminate the risk of a baffle strike.

I can use a carbon wrap barrel and have plenty of shoulder diameter. To get the same shoulder diameter with a steel barrel, I will have a much, much heavier barrel. There is an exception, the barrels that trumpet out toward the muzzle. I think Browning is the only factory rifle I’ve seen made this way, and Shilen makes barrel blanks that way.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Most .30 caliber suppressors are 5/8-24…some companies recommend a 0.7” or larger shoulder, while some say 0.75”.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.