Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
All it takes is a clay bird thrower and a video camera.

Let's see the video. wink
I’ve made lots of running shots on game that were more difficult than shooting a floating clay at 25 yards. One of the reasons I’ve essentially stopped posting photos and videos on this site is that they are used and demanded by the loudmouths to somehow prove legitimacy or validity of one’s comments, although we saw with roundoak that even pics aren’t enough to prove much.

I don’t own an automatic clay thrower at the moment, but even if I did, and while it does look like a good time, I certainly wouldn’t post video of it here just to satisfy your insecurity.

How would you know the difficulty of the clay show when you admit you it is a shot you have never done?

I didn't say that, now did I?

Your failing to post pictures is telling as 'Pictures or it never happened" is a pretty common theme here on 24hrCF.

The reason so many laugh at LiL Fish is his failling to produce field pictures.

If you want to be taken more seriously in these discussion by those that know it might behove you to post some actual field pictures and/or video and less appeals to authority with "Ma PHD".

Until then you are just another poster talking about things you have never done.
Okay, roundoak. wink

A quick google search would reveal that I've posted plenty of field photos and video in the past. I no longer feel the need to do so, and one reason is exactly the BS you're spewing in this post. Pretty telling that you keep declaring what other people can do or have done, from a position of complete ignorance. Or perhaps pompous arrogance is the right adjective.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
A quick google search would reveal that I've posted plenty of field photos and video in the past. I no longer feel the need to do so, and one reason is exactly the BS you're spewing in this post. Pretty telling that you keep declaring what other people can do or have done, from a position of complete ignorance. Or perhaps pompous arrogance is the right adjective.

and staying liquored up most of the time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

The PHD is struggling with the real world where experience Trumps hallucinations.

Your weasle wording is pretty easy to see through. grin

Quit weasle wording and tell the class exactly;

Have you shot airborne clays with a rifle/FFP scope or are you skating the issue because you know I am right in my assesment?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Well-designed reticle?

Some are simple and some are complex. What qualifies as “well-designed” will be different for everyone depending on their needs and level of skill.

What’s funny is that some here will point to a reticle and say it’s “well-designed” and have absolutely zero clue as to the accuracy of the subtensions They just take the manufacturer’s word that a MIL is a MIL or an MOA is an MOA whether it be first or second plane and they have no way to confirm it.

For a second focal plane reticle, are the subtensions accurate on max power or something close? At what power are the subtensions double their value?

There are scopes with reticles that the subtensions are completely meaningless. It’s like producing a tape measure where all of the marks are meaningless; the 1/8” lines aren’t 1/8”s, the 1” lines aren’t actually 1” and so on.

If you don’t realize how important that is when holding over for drop or off for wind while trying to put an impact on a small target at range, think about it.

That sums up Reupold succinctly. Hint..................

Actually Leupold usually nails the reticle subtensions perfectly. Click values have had slight issues, although I have had some that are perfect.

Usually you don't see problems with the click values until a bunch of dope is dialed into the scope for it to start making a difference. Most manufacturers have the same issue. Fortunately, it's an issue that can be easily corrected by using the "click value" input on your ballistic program, like Ballistic AE. If you see that dialing 5 mils actually moves the reticle 5.1 mils, a simple calculation can be done to determine the actual click value of the specific scope and that number input in the program.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

The PHD is struggling with the real world where experience Trumps hallucinations.

Have you shot airborne clays with a rifle/FFP scope or are you skating the issue because you know I am right in my assesment?

I've shot flushed quail and grouse with an iron-sighted .22 LR. Does that count?

LOL

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

I've shot flushed quail and grouse with an iron-sighted .22 LR. Does that count?

LOL

What focal plane were the irons in? grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Well-designed reticle?

Some are simple and some are complex. What qualifies as “well-designed” will be different for everyone depending on their needs and level of skill.

What’s funny is that some here will point to a reticle and say it’s “well-designed” and have absolutely zero clue as to the accuracy of the subtensions They just take the manufacturer’s word that a MIL is a MIL or an MOA is an MOA whether it be first or second plane and they have no way to confirm it.

For a second focal plane reticle, are the subtensions accurate on max power or something close? At what power are the subtensions double their value?

There are scopes with reticles that the subtensions are completely meaningless. It’s like producing a tape measure where all of the marks are meaningless; the 1/8” lines aren’t 1/8”s, the 1” lines aren’t actually 1” and so on.

If you don’t realize how important that is when holding over for drop or off for wind while trying to put an impact on a small target at range, think about it.

That sums up Reupold succinctly. Hint..................

Actually Leupold usually nails the reticle subtensions perfectly. Click values have had slight issues, although I have had some that are perfect.

Usually you don't see problems with the click values until a bunch of dope is dialed into the scope for it to start making a difference. Most manufacturers have the same issue. Fortunately, it's an issue that can be easily corrected by using the "click value" input on your ballistic program, like Ballistic AE. If you see that dialing 5 mils actually moves the reticle 5.1 mils, a simple calculation can be done to determine the actual click value of the specific scope and that number input in the program.

That sums up Reupold succinctly,if they were that "good". Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

LOL

Good question. You’re not supposed to see them when you move, mount and shoot so I’m not sure 😉

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL.

LOL

Good question. You’re not supposed to see them when you move, mount and shoot so I’m not sure 😉

Is 20/20 a focal plane? cool

Arcus Venator
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Where did you get the idea that an FFP has fewer lenses than the equivalent SFP?
It’s not some huge secret. For claiming to shoot FTR, you don’t really know much. BTW any reputable scope company will let you take a tour, if you want to see for yourself.

I'm calling bullsh*t on that. FFPs do not have fewer lenses than the equivalent SFPs.

IC B3

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk
Where did you get the idea that an FFP has fewer lenses than the equivalent SFP?
It’s not some huge secret. For claiming to shoot FTR, you don’t really know much. BTW any reputable scope company will let you take a tour, if you want to see for yourself.

I'm calling bullsh*t on that. FFPs do not have fewer lenses than the equivalent SFPs.
You are a fuggin idiot. Just looking through a top tier ffp shows how much better they are at cutting through mirage. It ain’t magic.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

You are a fuggin idiot. Just looking through a top tier ffp shows how much better they are at cutting through mirage. It ain’t magic.

Now you are making no sense at all. What does mirage have to do with number of lenses?

Let me just say that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to mirage and riflescopes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

LOL

WOW!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Now you are making no sense at all. What does mirage have to do with number of lenses?

Let me just say that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to mirage and riflescopes.
A chit image due to more lens doesn’t make sense? Are you a fuggin Biden relative? You don’t know chit. Otherwise if you were right, you would have proven me wrong.

Last edited by qwk; 12/06/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by qwk

A chit image due to more lens doesn’t make sense? Are you a fuggin Biden relative? You don’t know chit. Otherwise if you were right, you would have proven me wrong.

I find a single lense optic, in both binos and scopes, to provide optimal image quality.

Any more lenses just get between my eye and the target and cause mirage. crazy

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I find a single lense optic, in both binos and scopes, to provide optimal image quality.

Any more lenses just get between my eye and the target and cause mirage. crazy
Isn’t that sweet fleshlight on the bankrupt-me-arms ar for the mirage? At night of course. 😂😂

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Maybe you and Burns can partner up, you can ditch the deon scope, throw back a few nuqyil mixed drinks, and install a gold ring pos on your ftr rig? Or did you already do that?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

LOL

WOW!

I was amazed as well. Not planned at all. As a kid hunting rabbits with a Marlin 60, I flushed some quail. One flushed straight away, low and I instinctively mounted the gun and fired. Dropped him dead.

As a kid we would find grouse in meadows as we were exploring. Stop and try to pick off a few on the ground with our .22’s. We exhausted the visible birds and walked up the meadow trying to find them. One flushed quartering rising high to the right, and the same thing happened; mounted the gun and it went off at the right time. Damn bird folded like it was shot with a 12 gauge

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

LOL

WOW!

I was amazed as well. Not planned at all. As a kid hunting rabbits with a Marlin 60, I flushed some quail. One flushed straight away, low and I instinctively mounted the gun and fired. Dropped him dead.

As a kid we would find grouse in meadows as we were exploring. Stop and try to pick off a few on the ground with our .22’s. We exhausted the visible birds and walked up the meadow trying to find them. One flushed quartering rising high to the right, and the same thing happened; mounted the gun and it went off at the right time. Damn bird folded like it was shot with a 12 gauge
Will you post your meatballs and marinara recipe in the cooking forum? Thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LOL

WOW!

Will you post your meatballs and marinara recipe in the cooking forum? Thanks

The meatballs are mostly a cockroach purée with some binders and spices. To conform with the NWO and LGBTQ demands.

Marinara recipe is super secret and if I actually posted it, I doubt low IQ TN residents would even be able to duplicate it.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1234, 222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 73 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,786
Posts18,496,009
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.