"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have three P320's, one is an original model from when they first came out. Thousands of rounds downrange between them and no issues. With or without holsters.

I carry one of these pistols almost everyday, and have confidence in the design. They passed the DoD testing, thousands have been issued but we don't hear about our troops being wounded by their sidearms.

I suspect something else may be at work here.

Last edited by MichiGun; 12/05/22.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
As far ad I've been able to determine the only ones that have been experiencing these issues are those that do not have the manual thumb safety--- something all the military 320s have.
Most of the unintentional discharges are almost certainly due to improper holsters, poor gun handling, etc.
However, the one that happened with the gentleman at the match is a different issue. The gun was already holstered and not being handled.
So, yes, I do suspect that there may well be an issue with the P320 that makes it potentially dangerous....enough so that I will not carry mine with a round in the chamber, and is going to be sold.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by persiandog

Well, since you own two of them there must not be a problem. Glad it was all cleared up.

I don’t own a Sig but I do own a Remington 700 with the Walker trigger that would fire when the safety was disengaged. Tons of guys would declare that they ‘own one and never had a problem’ so there must not be an issue. But there is.

Do you *really* think that you owning a grand total of two handguns and not having any problems completely clears the entire issue? Or is it possible that only some of them have a problems? Or maybe you just haven’t had a problem *yet*? A sample size of 2 is pretty small.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by crshelton
Any S&W revolvers have that problem?

Nope. They also don't hold schiet for ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MickeyD
As far ad I've been able to determine the only ones that have been experiencing these issues are those that do not have the manual thumb safety--- something all the military 320s have.
Most of the unintentional discharges are almost certainly due to improper holsters, poor gun handling, etc.
However, the one that happened with the gentleman at the match is a different issue. The gun was already holstered and not being handled.
So, yes, I do suspect that there may well be an issue with the P320 that makes it potentially dangerous....enough so that I will not carry mine with a round in the chamber, and is going to be sold.

Excellent Idea, make it someone else's problem.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crshelton
Any S&W revolvers have that problem?
My m&p 40 did be for i fixed it had to get what was referred to me as the candy cane bent back into the proper arch. before the fix if the slide was moved from side to side or lateral movement was applied to slide it would fire with out pulling the tiger. and i found this before i even attempted to load a loaded mag in to brand new M&P 40 Vtac

Last edited by CoElk101; 12/06/22.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'll be the first to say competition shooters get used to a certain trigger and think they wanted demand it on a carry weapon and that's not always a great deal...
whether this is related to the article or not I do not know I did not watch the video it's like using a bench rest trigger and a hunting rifle it's just not the wisest idea all the time..

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
is this a baldwin syndrome?

#GlockSyndrome
#GlockJustWentOff
#UnholsteredGlockJustWentOffInWifesPurseFullofSchitt

laugh

It can happen

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seems dubious to me. I have 2 Sig P320 X5 Legions that I shoot in competition (IDPA, USPSA etc.) and have thousands of rounds through them. In addition I know lots of other competition shooters who shoot them regularly. I've never heard of such a thing. I suppose it's possible such a problem exists, but I'm skeptical.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Nope. Not going to make it someone else's problem. If sold, the potential issues will be fully disclosed and discussed with the new owner BEFORE selling.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K1500

Well, since you own two of them there must not be a problem. Glad it was all cleared up.

I don’t own a Sig but I do own a Remington 700 with the Walker trigger that would fire when the safety was disengaged. Tons of guys would declare that they ‘own one and never had a problem’ so there must not be an issue. But there is.

Do you *really* think that you owning a grand total of two handguns and not having any problems completely clears the entire issue? Or is it possible that only some of them have a problems? Or maybe you just haven’t had a problem *yet*? A sample size of 2 is pretty small.
Strange, the situations that made the Walker trigger infamous were not repeatable. Jack Belk traded what he had in place of a soul to slander the trigger.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948
Audi
AS in Audi 5000 ?... They were the hottest selling cars in their class... The media hit piece all but killed them... They claimed "Sudden Unexplained Acceleration with Demonic Power"... It was later exposed that they hired a Racing transmission builder to modify the trans valve body to launch the test car like a trans brake equipped drag race car... IIRC the Ford Taurus sales really took off after the Audi 5000 sales plummeted... I wonder if there was a connection ? lol... Had two of them 5000's,,, Made $$$ on both em... Much better built cars than the Taurus...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 12/07/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IIRC the "incendiary" device used was a model rocket engine and they had to leave the gas cap completely loose on the overfilled tank to spill the fuel... There were millions of these GM "square body" trucks on the road yet when this hit piece was made... I wonder how many folks traded up for a New P.U. after that story? lol...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

What problem? You previously stated that the problem was dumbasses playing with guns, so there is no problem to pass along.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

What problem? You previously stated that the problem was dumbasses playing with guns, so there is no problem to pass along.

Intent and the problem was dumbasses playing with guns, prove me wrong.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

Maybe you should try reading what I previously wrote again.
What I wrote was that I thought the cause was LIKELY shooter stupidity/error....that is UNTIL the incident with the guy at a match whose 320 fired while holstered.

BIG difference between what I wrote and what you apparently read.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by K1500

Strange, the situations that made the Walker trigger infamous were not repeatable. Jack Belk traded what he had in place of a soul to slander the trigger.

Thank you for proving my point.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Raferman likes Putin cum. It drips down his chin.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.