-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you can get within 100yds I’d use a .223 and 40gr. BT.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You won't trap him, might give him the wrong impression of your intentions. Feed him and he might warm up to you over a little while. They're smarter than you think, usually

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Hastings
Do you know of any animal control agency that might loan you a trap? Maybe your local game warden could tell you of a local wildlife rehabilitator that has a large enough trap. If a trap will hold a bear I'm guessing it will hold a dog. I have a fall door trap about 3 1/2 feet by 5 feet made from cattle panels that I catch hogs and dogs with. It has a top. If I knew how to send a picture I would.

A trapped dog can get vicious if he's scared, be careful.

I contacted a friend whose the local county wildlife guy (wolf / cougar wrangler ) and he doesnt have a trap to spare right now. If i dont make any progress with the dog tomorrow afternoon, after i do a morning hunt, i intend to call the game department to see if they can help me with a trap.

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by deflave

Kill yourself [bleep]

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Conibear
The above response applies to you too

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I'd rather shoot it than let it starve. Have a dart gun and some ketamine?

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Heck just call up the fbi.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Easy catch with a foothold, but then what?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Dude, the op don't even own one.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve had great luck using the Haveaheart traps but unfortunately while it’s been effective it’s really only trapped my lab…several times. I set it out for a huge coyote that was trying to get a free chicken dinner out of our hens and within an hour I caught our lab Kenai.

They work great for sweet but spoiled labs that don’t have a care or concern in the world…

Good luck

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Have a dart gun and some ketamine?

Well..duh….who doesn’t have a tranq gun and some Ketamine laying around?….😂😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

I'd rather shoot it than let it starve. Have a dart gun and some ketamine?

Its not starving. He ate like a pig today. I have plenty of food for him. And hes posted up at the confluence of 2 creeks with year round running water. Been seeing low single digit temps recently but right now lows of about 20, with only a few more inches of snow forecasted, so i dont think hell freeze. And my neighbor made a tarped shelter with blankets for him. I dont think hell go near it, but i took her down there and set it up for him anyway while he watched us from about 150 yards. Then i put some food in and around it. My biggest concern, now that i know hes not going to starve, is lions, wolves, coyotes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by mirage243

I own several. And am waiting on a custom barrel for another. You can also follow my advice to deflave

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Okay thats pretty damn funny

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Google "dog flight/survival mode" and you’ll get an idea of what your dealing with...

That article is talking about dogs being afraid of their own owners in such a situation. I have a real hard time imagining that.
Either way, i dont see this guy surviving a week while i slowly lure him closer to my house each day. And he seems very invested on keeping watch at the gravel pit. If i cant gain his trust the next couple days, i want to try to trap him before a lion or something grabs him. I think the clock is ticking for him. At least hes not hungry anymore. Acts like he hasnt eaten in weeks.
Right now there's a local woman who's pug puppy escaped out of her house on Thanksgiving day. She saw the dog in a field by a school the next day, she called the dog's name and it took off running away from her and kept going out of sight. A few days later it was seen in a park by a hospital, got pushed out of that area and appeared at the site of a torn down foundry about two miles from the park a couple of days later. Again she saw the dog on a hill top, called the dog's name and she ran away and out of sight. The area is surrounded by a high fence, theres pools of water in that area that are contaminated with foundry chemicals. People flooded the area trying to find the dog, someone thought they found a garage where they thought the dog was holding up. Do gooders started leaving hamburgers laying around to feed the dog, the owner was working with a professional dog trapper trying to catch her dog. It appears the dog vacated the area to get away from the people trying to find her. She hasn't been seen for three days now.

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E

Kill yourself [bleep]

And btw, in case you were wondering, the bleeped out word rhymes with maggot

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mirage243

I own several. And am waiting on a custom barrel for another. You can also follow my advice to deflave

Hey fuqkstick, you can eat the dog by shooting him first, it ain't necessary to trap him. I guess you just don't wanna waste any meat.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Cokksucker will be asking questions about trapping sheep and goats in his next thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was an ACO in the 1990s, there were occasions when there were dogs we could not catch.

We had a large cage trap. Some dogs only took a day or two to trap, others took weeks and others were never trapped.

You want a very palatable food, usually canned. Have a dish of water and a blanket is not a bad idea.

If the dog is really skittish, you may want to propp the door
open for a couple of days so the dog adjusts to the trap as any noise or movement may spook them. Once the dog is comfortable eating in the trap, set the trap so the door will close.

Good luck, not every dog can be trapped.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,693
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.