Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looks like he's got some beagle in him. Good on you for giving him a chance.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by bbassi
Looks like he's got some beagle in him. Good on you for giving him a chance.
I thought that too. Dont know wtf he is. I do unfortunately see some shheitbull, but also beagle, boxer, god knows what else. Looks about as mutty as a mutt gets. Hes small, maybe 40 lbs or so, and im guessing a year old, may get a little bigger

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by erikj
I'm on the north end of Stevens Co.. Predator populations have done very well. Glad you were able to coax him in.

Up in the wedge? Want a dog? Seems like a real pussycat. Needs a home. Id like to see him end up somewhere good. Hes been living at the dnr gravel pit at haller creek / reidel creek for 2 weeks now. Lifes been rough for him.
I'm good. Good luck finding a home.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I'm on the north end of Stevens Co.. Predator populations have done very well. Glad you were able to coax him in.

Up in the wedge? Want a dog? Seems like a real pussycat. Needs a home. Id like to see him end up somewhere good. Hes been living at the dnr gravel pit at haller creek / reidel creek for 2 weeks now. Lifes been rough for him.
I'm good. Good luck finding a home.

If ya know somebody locally that might take him in, holler at me please

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will do.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Alla this schidt over a damn feral dog.

Holy crap.

Dumping a pup off in the woods doesn't magically transform it into a feral animal. [bleep] off [bleep].
It is nice that you are kind hearted but not sure why you called him the N word.

Dogs that are dumped in the woods are often troublemakers. My neighbors across the highway are into dog rescue and their ''pets'' came over and killed my daughter's 4-H show goats about a month before the fair, they got by with that. And then their rescue dogs started on her chickens. Now they have a large fenced in area for their rescue animals.

My daughter is a good shot with her .243.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Round these parts a 22-250 works well for us… the hogs clean the mess up.

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Hastings

Holy crap.

Dumping a pup off in the woods doesn't magically transform it into a feral animal. [bleep] off [bleep].
It is nice that you are kind hearted but not sure why you called him the N word.

Dogs that are dumped in the woods are often troublemakers. My neighbors across the highway are into dog rescue and their ''pets'' came over and killed my daughter's 4-H show goats about a month before the fair, they got by with that. And then their rescue dogs started on her chickens. Now they have a large fenced in area for their rescue animals.

Dogs that are dumped off in the woods are often good dogs with [bleep] owners too. You just dont knowuntil you give them a chance. Found this guy dumped off in the mountains 6 years ago. Hes a good for nothin couch potato but he wouldnt hurt a flea. Wont even chase the sheep out of my parents property. About as far from a trouble maker as they come.

[Linked Image from pic8.co]

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Good deal on catching him. Fyi if you want to buddy up to a dog get you some braunschweiger, I’ve never met a dog that didn’t love the stuff!!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Glad to read the dog beat the odds.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings

Holy crap.

Dogs that are dumped off in the woods are often good dogs with [bleep] owners too. You just dont knowuntil you give them a chance. Found this guy dumped off in the mountains 6 years ago. Hes a good for nothin couch potato but he wouldnt hurt a flea. Wont even chase the sheep out of my parents property. About as far from a trouble maker as they come.

I can guarnfuggintee you you would not talk like that to my face.

You'd best climb off your high horse and figure out the definition of "feral" and what happens to them in ranch country.

I don't make the rules or codes that have been around for a hundred years, but I'm not blind to 'em either.

You are either too thin skinned or too stupid to make it here for very long at the Fire. Using the N-word will damn sure get you banned. Ask those who have..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That actually looks like a great dog. If I was closer and didn’t already have 4 dogs I’d be interested. Somebody is going to get a good friend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snare 'em. I catch them in coyote sets all the time. They'll just sit there until you "untie" them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Snare 'em. I catch them in coyote sets all the time. They'll just sit there until you "untie" them.

I turned two of my neighbor's dogs out on sets I had. One wasn't in great shape. Good thing I check snares daily when I set them.

Still irresponsible of them to let their dogs run at large, despite me directly telling him I have coyote traps here, and have seen his dogs many times.

Guess he doesn't care one way or the other.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The trash people dump out at the end of gravel roads are usually easy enough to take care of. It's when city people move out in the country to their 5 acre "ranch" and let their mutts roam all over the country side that it becomes a problem. Just the other day I found two that had a hog bayed in a livestock tank chewing it up. I've counted as many as 8 in a pack before. Sometimes they make it back home, sometimes they don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by justin10mm
The trash people dump out at the end of gravel roads are usually easy enough to take care of. It's when city people move out in the country to their 5 acre "ranch" and let their mutts roam all over the country side that it becomes a problem. Just the other day I found two that had a hog bayed in a livestock tank chewing it up. I've counted as many as 8 in a pack before. Sometimes they make it back home, sometimes they don't.
Out here the problem was dogs that sort of had a home. Big bad dogs with a heavy infusion of pit bull. They would sleep under trailer houses and were not fed much. As hungry canines will do they reverted to their ancestral ways and would pack up looking for something to kill or scavenge, such as fawns and calves. The minority neighbors lost a lot of dogs that were found roaming and pillaging where they did not belong. My neighboring landowner offed 5 at one sitting when they returned to a calf they had killed. Once I had to retrieve a poorly secured 303 Belleisle conibear type trap that a dog made it home with. He put his head in sideways and was still able to get enough air to die in his own yard.

We haven't had much trouble lately.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
2 weeks in, i think he was just too worn down to be afraid anymore. Lured him into the big pen with some bear meat and chicken. Then getting him into a transportable crate was a cakewalk. Once captured the pup is a real sweetheart. He was just scared [bleep], and i dont blame him. Wish i could keep him myself but its just not possible. Hes safe now though. Looking for a permanent home for him. Hope all you hardcases that said to shoot him suffer from violent explosive diarrhea over the holidays.

If you’re not going to shoot him, please name him “Nugget.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
2 weeks in, i think he was just too worn down to be afraid anymore. Lured him into the big pen with some bear meat and chicken. Then getting him into a transportable crate was a cakewalk. Once captured the pup is a real sweetheart. He was just scared [bleep], and i dont blame him. Wish i could keep him myself but its just not possible. Hes safe now though. Looking for a permanent home for him. Hope all you hardcases that said to shoot him suffer from violent explosive diarrhea over the holidays.

God bless you sir. I'm glad the pup is safe now.
Your experience reminded me of our Daisy. . I found her in the woods while coyote hunting in March of 2008. She was nothing but skin and bones and her face and front of her body were full of porcupine quills. We took her back to camp and fed her and started pulling out the quills. I took her to my home and my wife and son pulled out more quills. I put an announcement on the local radio station about her and a guy described her to a tee and showed up that night to claim her. I told him what she looked like when I found her and that we had made an appointment with the vet and he should keep it. He said she had been gone for aout 2 weeks and he could doctor her up himself. Then he went on to tell how his neighbors called Animal Control because they thought he didn't take good care of his dogs.
He said she was just a throw-in on the deal when he got another dog. The previous owner was moving and was going take her out and shoot her the next day if she didn't have a home. After the guy left I told my wife, "If I ever see that dog running loose I'm going to keep her and there won't be any phone calls".
Two months later one of my friends called and said that dog is back at camp, hiding in the pole barn. I drove up, went out back and whistled and she came running out and jumped into the back seat of my truck. We had her for almost 13 years and she was the best friend I ever had. I figured it up one day and realized we had walked over 6,000 miles together, just Daisy and I. All she ever asked for was to be loved.
The last year saw her physical and mental health decline quickly. I knew the day was coming and dreaded it. As usual, Daisy made it easy for us. She just wandered out back, laid down and went to Dog Heaven. I hope she is waiting for me when I get there.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1 vote for "Lucky"

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/19/22.

KB

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good looking doggie. Thank you for rescuing him.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,290
Posts18,505,220
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.