Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
71,000 miles on my '18 with the 3.5.

Everything has been great so far. Would buy another.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
51K on my 2018 Super Crew Lariat Eco with Twin Turbo. I really liked it until this fall. The sunroof rails broke on both sides due to not lubing the sunroof gasket - I never heard of that. Seems it's a common occurrence.

Now I am starting to get this rattle on cold start. I believe it's the damned cam phasers. I cannot believe that they have not issued a recall for this problem. I will NOT piss away $3-4000 on this problem. I'll send it down the road.

Then on the way up to deer camp, my dash lights up likes it's Christmas. Warnings for schitt I didn't know I had. Hill park assist? Seems my right front bearing is going out as is the speed wheel sensor and that affects all of these other warnings. I'm told when that's fixed, the warning lights will deactivate. Appt is scheduled at the dealer for 12/22. If they can fix all of this and take care of the cam phasers, then I maybe I'll buy another. If not, then no way. A $70K vehicle just shouldn't have these issues with only 50K on the clock.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
51K on my 2018 Super Crew Lariat Eco with Twin Turbo. I really liked it until this fall. The sunroof rails broke on both sides due to not lubing the sunroof gasket - I never heard of that. Seems it's a common occurrence.

Now I am starting to get this rattle on cold start. I believe it's the damned cam phasers. I cannot believe that they have not issued a recall for this problem. I will NOT piss away $3-4000 on this problem. I'll send it down the road.

Then on the way up to deer camp, my dash lights up likes it's Christmas. Warnings for schitt I didn't know I had. Hill park assist? Seems my right front bearing is going out as is the speed wheel sensor and that affects all of these other warnings. I'm told when that's fixed, the warning lights will deactivate. Appt is scheduled at the dealer for 12/22. If they can fix all of this and take care of the cam phasers, then I maybe I'll buy another. If not, then no way. A $70K vehicle just shouldn't have these issues with only 50K on the clock.

You paid 70K for a 2018?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TXRam
They should be named “Eco-or-boost”. I owned a 2019 F150 4wd Lariat. Empty - fast, decent mpg (18mpg mixed). Towing - plenty of power (for a half ton) but mpg dropped big time (10mpg towing a 5x9 utility trailer with a small side by side). I dove hunted with a friend who guides duck hunters a couple of months back and he was in a new Superduty - asked why he got a new truck, and he said he was tired of 7-8mpg with his F150 3.5L (pulling his tandem axle utility trailer with a Polaris 6 seater). I had no significant issues with mine in 2yrs and 35k miles, but I did get a recall notice on the cam phasers (but when I took it in a few months later they had stopped that repair, said it wasn’t fixing the issue). Traded my F150 in last year for an Explorer ST for the wife (3.0 Ecoboost, all wheel drive - fast and fun but disappointed with mpg, no better than the F150 on cruise on the hwy) and bought a GMC. For reference, my 2021 GMC AT4 6.2L gets maybe 0.5mpg less empty, but 1.5mpg better towing same trailer, same routes, etc.

My brother bought a 2.7l F150 several years back. They love it (don’t tow or haul anything besides groceries, luggage, 3 small kids, etc) and it gets awesome mileage for a pickup with some pep, but it did get a new motor under warranty at about 50k miles (don’t remember the reason).

If you pull a trailer for part of your income, not sure why you'd own a 1/2 ton in this Era of cafe standards.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

You paid 70K for a 2018?

Sticker in 2018 was $69,900. Lots of extra schitt I didn't need (like power running boards - there's a special place in hell for that engineer). And no, I have never paid sticker in my life. Nor will I ever.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a 2015 and now a 19, 250k trouble free miles between both. Awesome engine.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

You paid 70K for a 2018?

Sticker in 2018 was $69,900. Lots of extra schitt I didn't need (like power running boards - there's a special place in hell for that engineer). And no, I have never paid sticker in my life. Nor will I ever.

OK, well, your post suggests otherwise.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This is my 2014 FX4 3.5 Ecoboost. 3.73 rear end. Nicest truck I’ve ever owned. It gets about 19-20 on the highway, and 16-17
In town. Plenty good for a truck with this much power. I don’t pull anything heavy enough to warrant a diesel truck.

Ron
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mine got really good gas mileage in the low 20's. I didn;'t drive it 90 miles per hour either but maybe a max of 75-80.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hard to imagine a 2.7L in a full size pickup, but then again its hard for me to imagine a 200HP 4 cylinder. I'm still in 1998

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I hate spark plugs in a truck...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Hard to imagine a 2.7L in a full size pickup, but then again its hard for me to imagine a 200HP 4 cylinder. I'm still in 1998

I know what you mean. I always wanted the displacement, until I tried a few modern turbo engines. 1996 was the last year of the traditional Ford pushrod engines, and here are the power ratings.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Always thought the 351 engines we had in Broncos and F150s were plenty stout, but they only made 330lb/ft of torque and 210hp. If I'm not mistaken, the 2.7L EcoBoost makes 400lb/ft of torque at roughly the same RPM. The 3.5L version makes 500lb/ft. The 5.0L/302 engines from back then were even worse, plus everything was running through 4spd autos for 12-16mpg. And even though the newer trucks are larger overall, the alloy bodies make them weigh about the same. Stuffing 400hp/500tq in a 1996 F150 would have required a warmed-over big-block or a built-small block and it would have been considered a barn-burner. It's normal now.

Now with even more aplomb
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Mine was a big POS. 2018 xlt 3.5 ecoboost 4wd

Over 20g in warranty repairs before 60,000 miles all told and ford acted like everything was somehow my fault.

It was almost comical if it wasn’t so painful to go through at the time

Front end went totally all to hell when vacuum solenoid shiiit out and put truck in 4wd low at 55mph or so.

So I’m not a fan and won’t buy ford again

Had that happen to my 2016 Ford"master tech" at dealership and Ford engineers could not figure out what to do with it. It was a lemon.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JPro

I know what you mean. I always wanted the displacement, until I tried a few modern turbo engines. 1996 was the last year of the traditional Ford pushrod engines, and here are the power ratings.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Always thought the 351 engines we had in Broncos and F150s were plenty stout, but they only made 330lb/ft of torque and 210hp. If I'm not mistaken, the 2.7L EcoBoost makes 400lb/ft of torque at roughly the same RPM. The 3.5L version makes 500lb/ft. The 5.0L/302 engines from back then were even worse, plus everything was running through 4spd autos for 12-16mpg. And even though the newer trucks are larger overall, the alloy bodies make them weigh about the same. Stuffing 400hp/500tq in a 1996 F150 would have required a warmed-over big-block or a built-small block and it would have been considered a barn-burner. It's normal now.

I had a '95 F-150 w/302 and 5-spd manual. I bought it w/100K Mi and sold it just under 200K Mi. I liked that pickup, but, even w/the 5-spd it was pretty gutless, especially compared with the 4.6/5.4 that replaced it or ANYTHING from any manufacturer now.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I just got my little Ford Maverick with a 250 HP 2L. It scoots when you put your foot in it.

It has more power than my 7.3 diesel did when she was new………

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Mine was a big POS. 2018 xlt 3.5 ecoboost 4wd

Over 20g in warranty repairs before 60,000 miles all told and ford acted like everything was somehow my fault.

It was almost comical if it wasn’t so painful to go through at the time

Both turbos and intercooler replaced before 35000
Camphaser issue took 4 visits to dealer to fix
Bed had to come off twice due to water leaks in the cab requiring carpet and backing to have to be replaced twice and part of the wiring harness was affected by this as well.
Front end went totally all to hell when vacuum solenoid shiiit out and put truck in 4wd low at 55mph or so.

Driveshaft had to be replaced as well

So I’m not a fan and won’t buy ford again

Smart man.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch

I just got my little Ford Maverick with a 250 HP 2L. It scoots when you put your foot in it.

It may have quicker acceleration.

Torque is generally where "power" is measured.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I want to see a pic with 1,000 lbs. in the bed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Lol, I owe you that one. Did feed with it last Friday, 23 bags was fine on the farm. Not sure I’d be terribly comfortable at 80 on the freeway, but I must admit she squatted less than I expected. Handled the weight about like my Tacoma used to, but I put 8 ply tires on the Taco just to make me feel better about the weight.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Lol, I owe you that one. Did feed with it last Friday, 23 bags was fine on the farm. Not sure I’d be terribly comfortable at 80 on the freeway, but I must admit she squatted less than I expected. Handled the weight about like my Tacoma used to, but I put 8 ply tires on the Taco just to make me feel better about the weight.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.