-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doctors write prescriptions for this malady. Psych medications do work sometimes.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wabi

Take care of this guy
Wabi said it's not his place to judge. He will just make a post about worshiping idols and ask if it is a sin.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
amen, brother ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What are your thoughts on puzzy?

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Cars, guns, money, whatever. Stuff is just stuff. Use it and enjoy it but stop short of loving it. Lots of things can become idols if we're not careful. The number of items is not the determining factor. God won't be fooled. He knows your heart. It wasn't money that was said to be the root of all evil. It was the LOVE of money. Big difference.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WMR
Cars, guns, money, whatever. Stuff is just stuff. Use it and enjoy it but stop short of loving it. Lots of things can become idols if we're not careful. The number of items is not the determining factor. God won't be fooled. He knows your heart. It wasn't money that was said to be the root of all evil. It was the LOVE of money. Big difference.

Well said Pard.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It keeps coming up on this forum...

Nobody cares what you believe. And there was never a more altered book on the planet than the Bible. You may as well quote Harry Potter.

You are showing major ignorance. Don't address the subject or do some checking.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I went through something similar, as a young man. I grew up poor and had only 2 rifles. (in the South, a .22 and a shotgun is a given!, same with pistols, ha)) A Mod 94 I bought with yardwork/hauling hay money( and full spec Model 1917 Enfield my uncle had given me. When I got older, I had a wife/twin girls, had gotten back into Church but I had more money. I started "accumulating". One morning I found myself stumped on which gun to take hunting! Later on, I prayed on it and I decided that I had plenty (wasn't over 8) and I finally pared down to five ( overlap calibers for deer/elk/etc.) I also decided that if I wanted something new/different, I would "sell one to get one". That made "me" feel better about not taking money from the family budget. I might even pick up a good deal for "trade material". Each of us have to live "with ourselves". "therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." No one can Judge anyone, I commend you Brother! If one is able to have a walk in vault, full of all kinds of guns, and "still love/serve God", I commend you too. There is no benchmark. smile

You need to check God's Word about judging. Christians are commanded to judge Christians. God says He will judge unbelievers.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but if God invented anything better, he kept it for himself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WMR

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things." Ecclesiastes 10:19 KJV.

"A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything." Ecclesiastes 10:19 NIV.

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

It's what's fer dinner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
You need to check God's Word about judging. Christians are commanded to judge Christians. God says He will judge unbelievers.

Then why is it that ‘most’ proclaimed Christian Fire Membership hit the ‘cricket’ button when the likes of Happy_Camper, OldHat, and countless other preachy sock puppets run by Maser start spewing their BS?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Then why is it that ‘most’ proclaimed Christian Fire Membership hit the ‘cricket’ button when the likes of Happy_Camper, OldHat, and countless other preachy sock puppets run by Maser start spewing their BS?

🦫

False prophets.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It keeps coming up on this forum...

Nobody cares what you believe. And there was never a more altered book on the planet than the Bible. You may as well quote Harry Potter.

You are showing major ignorance. Don't address the subject or do some checking.

Says the Young Earth Creationist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This has got to be the most disturbing post/thread I've seen in awhile...

People can justify just about anything they do by passing it off on something or someone else.

As for me, I don't have to justify anything to anyone in regards to where I may be called to protect my family or provide food for them, or to defend my nation or my property at a moment's notice.

You do you. I'll do me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
To the OP.........

HEB 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It's true, not everything that 'gets in the way' is always 'wrong'..............

Wisdom is being able to see it.

Muffin

Last edited by Muffin; 12/09/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sounds to me what is missing in your life is balance. It seems you are going from one extreme to another.

3825 24336
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Balance is a tricky thing. In the end, all we *need* to do is provide for ourselves and our loved ones. Everything else is negotiable. What does devotion (or the lack thereof) look like is a question we all have to answer and will all answer differently.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by pdcrig
I've been a gun guy for 30+ years. I tinkered with, bought and traded, modified, repaired, read and thought about, and fell in love with them. My friends and family all new me to have a great passion for firearms. I loved steering conversion in that direction whenever I got the chance and folks would often ask my advice. I loved being the "Gun Guy." It had become part of my identity. Big problem.
I'm not saying that guns and God are incompatible. I am saying that idols and God are incompatible. It all came to a screeching halt recently. I was wrestling with God a few months ago and asked him how I could show him love. The answer came pretty clearly and almost immediately after just a short time in prayer. "If you love me you will keep my commandments" he says (John 14:15). One of those commandments is to have no other gods before him (Exodus 19:3). I asked him "Lord do I have idols that are getting in the way?" I then asked if my guns were an idol and immediately I knew the answer. The spirit convicted me right there and I reflected on all the years I had spent focused on these inanimate objects and how I had wasted so much energy on them which I could have spent getting to know my Heavenly Father better. I had allowed the blessing to become a curse. I had wasted opportunities to witness for him. I had wasted years. I was instantly remorseful. But was it guilt over slighting God or mourning over the fact that I might have to give up something precious to me? If I'm being honest I fear that it was mostly the latter. I wrestled with God for the rest of the day and did not sleep well that night. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and broke out into sweats. I tried to negotiate with God and then went through all the stages of grieving. And then it hit me; I was a gun junkie and an addict. It was the same symptoms, albeit much less severe, that a drug addict has when they are withdrawing. So right then and there I was shaken from my stupor and told God that I would give up my guns if that's what he wanted me to do. And that's what he wanted me to do. He wanted me to be a God guy instead of the "Gun Guy" that I was known for. So over these last few months I have sold or given away everything I have. I'm down to a 10/22 that I traded for which I plan to keep for the kids. It certainly is not idol worthy. But I still must guard my heart. We're not to love the world or the things in it (1John 2:15) but we are to keep ourselves from idols (1 John 5:21). I want it to be a testimony to my kids and my family and friends that God is serious about the hearts of his children. He wants us to give up the things that have become more precious than him. It has shocked some folks. God has used this situation a number of times for me to share the Gospel. He is also used it to show me other areas in my life that are not pleasing to him. It hasn't been easy. But that is fodder for another posting another day.
That's some of my journey so far. I'm not telling anyone to give up their guns. I am saying ask the Lord to show you any potential idols in your heart and then do everything that you can to get rid of them. You might not like what you hear but it is far better to not like what you hear on this side of heaven than to hear in the end "I never knew you; depart from me."
If you don't have a relationship with the Lord I encourage you to seek him. Seek him while he may be found. Time is running short and he will come again. His second coming will not be as gentle and sweet like his first. He says believe, repent, be baptized, receive the Spirit and go live for him.
I hope the Lord can use my little revelation to minister to you. Blessings to you.

His Second Coming will not be as Gentle and Sweet as His First ..

Dude ..

The Khazaria Kilt Him ..

I hope your not suggesting “Black Rock” is about to repeat that on US ..

GeezUS we just had their Virus can’t they wait for US to Catch our Breath …

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I know many Men who live their lives according to the Gospel. They teach the Lords words and are actively involved in the Church as Deacons and Ministers. The one man in the Ministry who I consider to be closest to God loves to hunt. He has a gun room with several gun safes full of guns. They are not idol's and they are not worshipped. They are simply tools that do a job, nothing more. The Lord Jesus Christ knows what's in your heart. Guns are not idols or to be worshipped. If you find yourself putting guns before God in your life. Or you feel the need to idolize or worship them, then that is a problem that you have to personally work out. As for me, I can Love the Lord and my guns. And I sleep pretty good at night knowing that they are both with me. JMO.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,700
Posts18,513,746
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.