Home
Posted By: pdcrig From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
I've been a gun guy for 30+ years. I tinkered with, bought and traded, modified, repaired, read and thought about, and fell in love with them. My friends and family all new me to have a great passion for firearms. I loved steering conversion in that direction whenever I got the chance and folks would often ask my advice. I loved being the "Gun Guy." It had become part of my identity. Big problem.
I'm not saying that guns and God are incompatible. I am saying that idols and God are incompatible. It all came to a screeching halt recently. I was wrestling with God a few months ago and asked him how I could show him love. The answer came pretty clearly and almost immediately after just a short time in prayer. "If you love me you will keep my commandments" he says (John 14:15). One of those commandments is to have no other gods before him (Exodus 19:3). I asked him "Lord do I have idols that are getting in the way?" I then asked if my guns were an idol and immediately I knew the answer. The spirit convicted me right there and I reflected on all the years I had spent focused on these inanimate objects and how I had wasted so much energy on them which I could have spent getting to know my Heavenly Father better. I had allowed the blessing to become a curse. I had wasted opportunities to witness for him. I had wasted years. I was instantly remorseful. But was it guilt over slighting God or mourning over the fact that I might have to give up something precious to me? If I'm being honest I fear that it was mostly the latter. I wrestled with God for the rest of the day and did not sleep well that night. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and broke out into sweats. I tried to negotiate with God and then went through all the stages of grieving. And then it hit me; I was a gun junkie and an addict. It was the same symptoms, albeit much less severe, that a drug addict has when they are withdrawing. So right then and there I was shaken from my stupor and told God that I would give up my guns if that's what he wanted me to do. And that's what he wanted me to do. He wanted me to be a God guy instead of the "Gun Guy" that I was known for. So over these last few months I have sold or given away everything I have. I'm down to a 10/22 that I traded for which I plan to keep for the kids. It certainly is not idol worthy. But I still must guard my heart. We're not to love the world or the things in it (1John 2:15) but we are to keep ourselves from idols (1 John 5:21). I want it to be a testimony to my kids and my family and friends that God is serious about the hearts of his children. He wants us to give up the things that have become more precious than him. It has shocked some folks. God has used this situation a number of times for me to share the Gospel. He is also used it to show me other areas in my life that are not pleasing to him. It hasn't been easy. But that is fodder for another posting another day.
That's some of my journey so far. I'm not telling anyone to give up their guns. I am saying ask the Lord to show you any potential idols in your heart and then do everything that you can to get rid of them. You might not like what you hear but it is far better to not like what you hear on this side of heaven than to hear in the end "I never knew you; depart from me."
If you don't have a relationship with the Lord I encourage you to seek him. Seek him while he may be found. Time is running short and he will come again. His second coming will not be as gentle and sweet like his first. He says believe, repent, be baptized, receive the Spirit and go live for him.
I hope the Lord can use my little revelation to minister to you. Blessings to you.
Being overly-materialistic isn’t a great thing, either in terms of a relationship with God or otherwise. I’m not that. But I own, hunt with, shoot, and defend myself and others with firearms. I don’t think God would have a problem with that. But only He knows.
Reflection aint bad. Wimping out is.
Some folks mellow w age, others get fired up LOL.
Your call, your heart.

IMHO bad stuff is coming. Golf clubs aint gonna cut it.
I feel like one can have both. I have a pile of guns, but none I worship.
Next maybe you can become a Post Formatting Guy.
Fugk off.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Next maybe you can become a Post Formatting Guy.

Lol.
OP account must have been hacked by leftist trash
Whatever. Learn how to write coherently.
Wabi

Take care of this guy
Comes across as another "I lost all my guns in a boating accident" post....
Living in Oregon is my solution to a gun addiction. The state will do the work and I can go kicking and screaming.
"Verily then, ye shall endeavor to only own slings and arrows capable of 1.5 moa or less...", Flint:10:4.
Posted By: Remsen Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
I am so screwed if OP is right.
Originally Posted by pdcrig
I've been a gun guy for 30+ years. I tinkered with, bought and traded, modified, repaired, read and thought about, and fell in love with them. My friends and family all new me to have a great passion for firearms. I loved steering conversion in that direction whenever I got the chance and folks would often ask my advice. I loved being the "Gun Guy." It had become part of my identity. Big problem.
I'm not saying that guns and God are incompatible. I am saying that idols and God are incompatible. It all came to a screeching halt recently. I was wrestling with God a few months ago and asked him how I could show him love. The answer came pretty clearly and almost immediately after just a short time in prayer. "If you love me you will keep my commandments" he says (John 14:15). One of those commandments is to have no other gods before him (Exodus 19:3). I asked him "Lord do I have idols that are getting in the way?" I then asked if my guns were an idol and immediately I knew the answer. The spirit convicted me right there and I reflected on all the years I had spent focused on these inanimate objects and how I had wasted so much energy on them which I could have spent getting to know my Heavenly Father better. I had allowed the blessing to become a curse. I had wasted opportunities to witness for him. I had wasted years. I was instantly remorseful. But was it guilt over slighting God or mourning over the fact that I might have to give up something precious to me? If I'm being honest I fear that it was mostly the latter. I wrestled with God for the rest of the day and did not sleep well that night. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and broke out into sweats. I tried to negotiate with God and then went through all the stages of grieving. And then it hit me; I was a gun junkie and an addict. It was the same symptoms, albeit much less severe, that a drug addict has when they are withdrawing. So right then and there I was shaken from my stupor and told God that I would give up my guns if that's what he wanted me to do. And that's what he wanted me to do. He wanted me to be a God guy instead of the "Gun Guy" that I was known for. So over these last few months I have sold or given away everything I have. I'm down to a 10/22 that I traded for which I plan to keep for the kids. It certainly is not idol worthy. But I still must guard my heart. We're not to love the world or the things in it (1John 2:15) but we are to keep ourselves from idols (1 John 5:21). I want it to be a testimony to my kids and my family and friends that God is serious about the hearts of his children. He wants us to give up the things that have become more precious than him. It has shocked some folks. God has used this situation a number of times for me to share the Gospel. He is also used it to show me other areas in my life that are not pleasing to him. It hasn't been easy. But that is fodder for another posting another day.
That's some of my journey so far. I'm not telling anyone to give up their guns. I am saying ask the Lord to show you any potential idols in your heart and then do everything that you can to get rid of them. You might not like what you hear but it is far better to not like what you hear on this side of heaven than to hear in the end "I never knew you; depart from me."
If you don't have a relationship with the Lord I encourage you to seek him. Seek him while he may be found. Time is running short and he will come again. His second coming will not be as gentle and sweet like his first. He says believe, repent, be baptized, receive the Spirit and go live for him.
I hope the Lord can use my little revelation to minister to you. Blessings to you.

Now you're most certainly going to Hell:

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

And learn to use the return key.
Posted By: pdcrig Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Whatever. Learn how to write coherently.

Talk to text.....

Thanks for reading.😁
Originally Posted by deflave
Fugk off.

Very, very seldom do I ever quote THIS GUY as the definitive answer to a poster, but I find I have no choice…
It keeps coming up on this forum...

Nobody cares what you believe. And there was never a more altered book on the planet than the Bible. You may as well quote Harry Potter.
PDCRIG, I suggest you watch this video wherein Dr. Bart Ehrman, a noted bible historian and professor of bible studies at the U. of No. Carolina, at Chapel Hill, N.C., discusses the various gospels and how and when they were composed.

Dr. Ehrman has a number of very interesting videos on You Tube speaking to the historical composing and compiling and myriad translations and reinterpretations of the gospels over the centuries after Jesus died. (Maybe you can buy back a few of you guns and enjoy them again.)

Just a suggestion.

L.W.
I went through something similar, as a young man. I grew up poor and had only 2 rifles. (in the South, a .22 and a shotgun is a given!, same with pistols, ha)) A Mod 94 I bought with yardwork/hauling hay money( and full spec Model 1917 Enfield my uncle had given me. When I got older, I had a wife/twin girls, had gotten back into Church but I had more money. I started "accumulating". One morning I found myself stumped on which gun to take hunting! Later on, I prayed on it and I decided that I had plenty (wasn't over 8) and I finally pared down to five ( overlap calibers for deer/elk/etc.) I also decided that if I wanted something new/different, I would "sell one to get one". That made "me" feel better about not taking money from the family budget. I might even pick up a good deal for "trade material". Each of us have to live "with ourselves". "therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." No one can Judge anyone, I commend you Brother! If one is able to have a walk in vault, full of all kinds of guns, and "still love/serve God", I commend you too. There is no benchmark. smile
Doctors write prescriptions for this malady. Psych medications do work sometimes.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wabi

Take care of this guy
Wabi said it's not his place to judge. He will just make a post about worshiping idols and ask if it is a sin.
amen, brother ...
What are your thoughts on puzzy?
Posted By: WMR Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Cars, guns, money, whatever. Stuff is just stuff. Use it and enjoy it but stop short of loving it. Lots of things can become idols if we're not careful. The number of items is not the determining factor. God won't be fooled. He knows your heart. It wasn't money that was said to be the root of all evil. It was the LOVE of money. Big difference.
Originally Posted by WMR
Cars, guns, money, whatever. Stuff is just stuff. Use it and enjoy it but stop short of loving it. Lots of things can become idols if we're not careful. The number of items is not the determining factor. God won't be fooled. He knows your heart. It wasn't money that was said to be the root of all evil. It was the LOVE of money. Big difference.

Well said Pard.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Nobody cares what you believe. And there was never a more altered book on the planet than the Bible. You may as well quote Harry Potter.

You are showing major ignorance. Don't address the subject or do some checking.
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I went through something similar, as a young man. I grew up poor and had only 2 rifles. (in the South, a .22 and a shotgun is a given!, same with pistols, ha)) A Mod 94 I bought with yardwork/hauling hay money( and full spec Model 1917 Enfield my uncle had given me. When I got older, I had a wife/twin girls, had gotten back into Church but I had more money. I started "accumulating". One morning I found myself stumped on which gun to take hunting! Later on, I prayed on it and I decided that I had plenty (wasn't over 8) and I finally pared down to five ( overlap calibers for deer/elk/etc.) I also decided that if I wanted something new/different, I would "sell one to get one". That made "me" feel better about not taking money from the family budget. I might even pick up a good deal for "trade material". Each of us have to live "with ourselves". "therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." No one can Judge anyone, I commend you Brother! If one is able to have a walk in vault, full of all kinds of guns, and "still love/serve God", I commend you too. There is no benchmark. smile

You need to check God's Word about judging. Christians are commanded to judge Christians. God says He will judge unbelievers.
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but if God invented anything better, he kept it for himself.
Originally Posted by WMR

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things." Ecclesiastes 10:19 KJV.

"A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything." Ecclesiastes 10:19 NIV.

It's what's fer dinner
Originally Posted by Ringman
You need to check God's Word about judging. Christians are commanded to judge Christians. God says He will judge unbelievers.

Then why is it that ‘most’ proclaimed Christian Fire Membership hit the ‘cricket’ button when the likes of Happy_Camper, OldHat, and countless other preachy sock puppets run by Maser start spewing their BS?

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Then why is it that ‘most’ proclaimed Christian Fire Membership hit the ‘cricket’ button when the likes of Happy_Camper, OldHat, and countless other preachy sock puppets run by Maser start spewing their BS?

🦫

False prophets.

You are showing major ignorance. Don't address the subject or do some checking.

Says the Young Earth Creationist.
This has got to be the most disturbing post/thread I've seen in awhile...

People can justify just about anything they do by passing it off on something or someone else.

As for me, I don't have to justify anything to anyone in regards to where I may be called to protect my family or provide food for them, or to defend my nation or my property at a moment's notice.

You do you. I'll do me.
Posted By: Muffin Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
To the OP.........

HEB 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It's true, not everything that 'gets in the way' is always 'wrong'..............

Wisdom is being able to see it.

Muffin
Posted By: Cretch Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Sounds to me what is missing in your life is balance. It seems you are going from one extreme to another.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Balance is a tricky thing. In the end, all we *need* to do is provide for ourselves and our loved ones. Everything else is negotiable. What does devotion (or the lack thereof) look like is a question we all have to answer and will all answer differently.

His Second Coming will not be as Gentle and Sweet as His First ..

Dude ..

The Khazaria Kilt Him ..

I hope your not suggesting “Black Rock” is about to repeat that on US ..

GeezUS we just had their Virus can’t they wait for US to Catch our Breath …
Posted By: jc189 Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
I know many Men who live their lives according to the Gospel. They teach the Lords words and are actively involved in the Church as Deacons and Ministers. The one man in the Ministry who I consider to be closest to God loves to hunt. He has a gun room with several gun safes full of guns. They are not idol's and they are not worshipped. They are simply tools that do a job, nothing more. The Lord Jesus Christ knows what's in your heart. Guns are not idols or to be worshipped. If you find yourself putting guns before God in your life. Or you feel the need to idolize or worship them, then that is a problem that you have to personally work out. As for me, I can Love the Lord and my guns. And I sleep pretty good at night knowing that they are both with me. JMO.

🦫

Because there are few serious Bible students. They accept blindly what they are told.
There's an old saying, "You can't look a chicken in the face and tell how fat he is"...the same thing goes with Judging. Yes, I can judge another Believer's "fruit of the Spirit", but I can't see what's in another man's heart, and if I can't see it, I sure can't judge it. That's what I meant friend. smile But hey, I don't really care how many or how few guns anybody has, I'm just saying to the OP I understand where he is coming from. I didn't read anything in the OP's Post that "required" the rest of us to have the same opinion...

🦫

Because there are few serious Bible students. They accept blindly what they are told.

Many of us, over several months have pointed out the obvious indications that the person who’s posting as a ‘true believer in Christ’ is nothing but a lying POS sock puppet.

We’ve even included proof with background information, previously posted threads that show a pattern being used by a sock puppet that had already been exposed and banned by Rick.

But, I never once recall you, or others like you standing up and saying anything against these sock puppets when the proof is before your eyes.

You’re right. I’d say that’s called ‘Accepting Blindly’.

🦫

🦫

Happy Camper tickled your ears

LOL
Posted By: SBTCO Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
I was under the impression God helped those who helped themselves...either way, I was raised heathen, so not a problem in this household....
?????????

I "love" guns, but my love of God is different.
I don't "worship" guns. They are inanimate objects.
Posted By: hanco Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Either you are a believer or you are not a believer. God wants us to be happy. I have a few guns. They make me happy, give me something to occupy some of my time. I like building things out of metal also, makes me happy too. They do not affect my believing in the Lord one way or another. We give to our church, do things to help the elderly that need help, and help the neighbors. I don’t see accumulation of material things a sin, but what the fuuck do I know.
I'm reminded of a lay minister I hunted with.
"Preacher" came back into camp opening day lamenting that he had just shot a REAL monster buck but couldn't locate him.
One of the other guys told him he'd go help him look after lunch.
They showed up about 30 minutes before dark with a little basket racked 6 point that field dressed about 60 pounds! LMBO!
Posted By: AZmark Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/09/22
Hmmmmmm......pdcrig got me to thinking of what is the one thing I just can't do without and I've decided I must be a "pants guy"....like in trousers, Levis, Wranglers, or whatever you call them. I can't go anywhere without a pair of them on. Man-o-man, what am I gonna do if I want to go to heaven? Walk around without my pants on, that just might get me arrrested or maybe shot.

Any ideas guys?
Most fuqked up thread in a long time, op is another nut job.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I am so screwed if OP is right.
Hahaha!

We are probably all screwed.
Wow, maybe Christianity isn't for me?
Originally Posted by mirage243
Most fuqked up thread in a long time, op is another nut job.
Hearing voices is a bad sign. Talking back to them is also.
I think you're hearing voices, not God.
When I was a kid, I heard my great uncle who was a Baptist deacon say there is a thin line between being religious and being a fanatic. The older I get and more I see, the more the old man’s words ring true.
OP can do what he wants.

I don't GAF.
Posted By: TF49 Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
PDCRIG, I suggest you watch this video wherein Dr. Bart Ehrman, a noted bible historian and professor of bible studies at the U. of No. Carolina, at Chapel Hill, N.C., discusses the various gospels and how and when they were composed.

Dr. Ehrman has a number of very interesting videos on You Tube speaking to the historical composing and compiling and myriad translations and reinterpretations of the gospels over the centuries after Jesus died. (Maybe you can buy back a few of you guns and enjoy them again.)

Just a suggestion.

L.W.

I have read a couple of Bart Ehrman books. My opinion is that he is a clever and accomplished “book seller.”

Obama was once asked how he became so broadly popular. He responded that he was a “reflector.” His explanation was that he simply figured out what the “audience” wanted to hear, then restated their own opinions to them and they gobbled it up.

Bart Ehrman knows his “audience” and knows how to sell to that audience.

Just a suggestion, but you may want to do a search of “Bart Ehrman refuted.”
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
OP can do what he wants.

I don't GAF.

True. He's free to do as he wants.

And we are free to call him stupid.

🦫
Hum a na
Hum a na
Hum a na...

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrgh....

🦫

Many of us, over several months have pointed out the obvious indications that the person who’s posting as a ‘true believer in Christ’ is nothing but a lying POS sock puppet.

We’ve even included proof with background information, previously posted threads that show a pattern being used by a sock puppet that had already been exposed and banned by Rick.

But, I never once recall you, or others like you standing up and saying anything against these sock puppets when the proof is before your eyes.

You’re right. I’d say that’s called ‘Accepting Blindly’.

🦫
Hum a na
Hum a na
Hum a na......

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrrgh.....

🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤔🤔

Arrrrrrrgh....
TF49, yes, I've viewed several videos where Dr. Ehrman debates other historical scholars. They are very interesting debates.

L.W.
Posted By: okie Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
I'll just keep being a God guy with guns.

Balance is needed...

Now old Tyler here may help ya out then maybe not...

Just keep putting the Lord first and it'll all fall into place....
Your Rifles must have Magical Powers ..

That’s why they want Them so Much ..

Once Done You’ll be Told to Worship…

THEM..
Originally Posted by jc189
I know many Men who live their lives according to the Gospel. They teach the Lords words and are actively involved in the Church as Deacons and Ministers. The one man in the Ministry who I consider to be closest to God loves to hunt. He has a gun room with several gun safes full of guns. They are not idol's and they are not worshipped. They are simply tools that do a job, nothing more. The Lord Jesus Christ knows what's in your heart. Guns are not idols or to be worshipped. If you find yourself putting guns before God in your life. Or you feel the need to idolize or worship them, then that is a problem that you have to personally work out. As for me, I can Love the Lord and my guns. And I sleep pretty good at night knowing that they are both with me. JMO.

+1 on this thought. I feel there is more to the OP's story, not my place to judge.
"Everybody worships something."
Idols are an individual things. What is one for one man may not be for another. If you're not a believer, no need to worry about this post, nothing to see here. It's in a foreign language. If you are a believer take a moment to consider.
We are not under the Law.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have a hunch you all have been trolled.
For you Bible-thumpers:

Consider Matthew 10:34. And consider that the modern equivalent of the sword is the gun.

Christianity shouldn't be passive, accepting. Jesus used violence against wicked men.

Which is more Godly: being capable of and using violence against wicked men, or letting wicked men have their way with whatever innocents they desire?
For you Bible-thumpers:

Consider Matthew 10:34. And consider that the modern equivalent of the sword is the gun.

Christianity shouldn't be passive, accepting. Jesus used violence against wicked men.

Which is more Godly: being capable of and using violence against wicked men, or letting wicked men have their way with whatever innocents they desire?

Well, this Bible Thumper is now headed out to the store and is "taking his sword" with him. He will also have it at church tomorrow.
Originally Posted by TF49
For you Bible-thumpers:

Well, this Bible Thumper is now headed out to the store and is "taking his sword" with him. He will also have it at church tomorrow.
And that feels right, yes? It feels like a way you honor God, yes? By protecting the things God has made you steward of, such as your own life and the lives of your loved ones, yes?

I don't see that guns are in opposition to God in any way. If Christianity draws people away from the ability to use violence to harm evil men, then it is a product of those evil men.
For you Bible-thumpers:

Both. To everything there is a season.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
For you Bible-thumpers:

Both. To everything there is a season.
I agree. In fact, that is exactly how I personally view it. And I see that the time for passivity is done. Not that it is time for violence, but the violence is currently being inflicted upon good people from nearly all sides, now.

Can you let wicked men have their way with innocents, and still consider yourself a good man? That's the question every man who considers himself a good man should ponder daily.
Posted By: skeen Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
From a Gun Guy to a God Guy

Is that you, roundoak?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Everybody worships something."

And your god is dick.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
deflave, beats the hell out off thinking your dick is God, Drunk Ass Whole Rio7
Was the OP authored in Walla Walla Wa. Perhaps by a purveyor of insurance and annuities?
For you Bible-thumpers:

And that feels right, yes? It feels like a way you honor God, yes? By protecting the things God has made you steward of, such as your own life and the lives of your loved ones, yes?

I don't see that guns are in opposition to God in any way. If Christianity draws people away from the ability to use violence to harm evil men, then it is a product of those evil men.

Yes.....seems like there are times when ..... well, you get the idea..
What about your TV? Your comfortable McMansion? Your expensive car or truck?
For you Bible-thumpers:

Same here.

The OP is an obvious troll.
I wouldn't be surprised to see this exact same "testimony", word-for-word, copied and pasted on message boards all over the internet....

Made his run, dropped his little bomb, and gone on his way to the next target.
Originally Posted by Stophel
I wouldn't be surprised to see this exact same "testimony", word-for-word, copied and pasted on message boards all over the internet....

Was thinking the same earlier.

Wonder how many were convinced to go sell their guns? whistle
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
How often does anyone here check the balance of your savings, checking or retirement accounts? Do you feel like it's taking too much priority in your life and diverting your attention from the lord... almost like idolizing those $$$?
I can send you a routing number to relieve the evil burden and guarantee your place in Valhalla.
Posted By: skeen Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/10/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Stophel

Was thinking the same earlier.

Wonder how many were convinced to go sell their guns? whistle
Sounds like some troll using baby Jesus to institute gun control to me. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Only 30 + years? So you're relatively new to firearms then...
Posted By: skeen Re: From a Gun Guy to a God Guy - 12/11/22
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but if God invented anything better, he kept it for himself.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have quite a few guns but I don’t idolize them. Thinking about them doesn’t choke me up and bring tears to my eyes. Sometimes thinking about Jesus Christ does.
Pdrig: I get an amazing amount of joy and pride of ownership from my guns and the things that I have done and do with them!
If you "idolize" your Lord right now thats perfectly fine with me.
But... I hope YOU are NOT trying to denigrate or demonize those of us that do enjoy guns and the stuff we do with them!
Because IF you are trying to do so, then YOU can kiss my rosey red ass!
I wish I had a dollar for every "holier than thou" type priest, reverend, clergyman and Christian that I arrested for crimes and booked into jail! I would buy myself another Rifle with said funds.
Long live the Second Amendment (and the First Amendment as well).
I think a sheesh is in order - SHEESH!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire