Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
This is pretty funny. No idea where they are made, but know that it's not the USA.

As I have said in more than one reply Leupold will tell you that they can’t use the “Made in the USA” for the exact reasons I stated. I have no issue with them saying it’s assembled here which is what they do, but the term “made in the USA” denotes something else.

Their binoculars are well known to be made entirely in either Japan or China depending on price level and they are clearly marked as such. Their scopes aren’t marked at all for country of manufacture, why is that?

Burns simply made yet another false statement and declared it a fact and was called on it, nothing more and nothing less.

But again all of this is free information readily available with a call to Leupold.

Maybe Leupold scopes aren't made anywhere.
To the extent allowed to be labeled as such by the fuucking FTC, no, but, as has been explained, they are made in the USA by any common sense of the phrase. There's hundreds of Americans employed machining riflescope parts, finishing, assembling, and testing riflescopes in Beaverton Oregon. There has been for decades. Nobody needs an opinion on Burns one way or another to recognize this. Nobody needs to have an opinion on the scope's function to recognize this. What a whinefest.
Can you possibly whine one more ounce? I doubt it LMAO
Geebus, the endless blather on and on about the Leupold COO because folks have a hard on for Burns is pointless to the max. GFY

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is pretty funny. No idea where they are made, but know that it's not the USA.

As I have said in more than one reply Leupold will tell you that they can’t use the “Made in the USA” for the exact reasons I stated. I have no issue with them saying it’s assembled here which is what they do, but the term “made in the USA” denotes something else.

Their binoculars are well known to be made entirely in either Japan or China depending on price level and they are clearly marked as such. Their scopes aren’t marked at all for country of manufacture, why is that?

Burns simply made yet another false statement and declared it a fact and was called on it, nothing more and nothing less.

But again all of this is free information readily available with a call to Leupold.

To the extent allowed to be labeled as such by the fuucking FTC, no, but, as has been explained, they are made in the USA by any common sense of the phrase. There's hundreds of Americans employed machining riflescope parts, finishing, assembling, and testing riflescopes in Beaverton Oregon. There has been for decades. Nobody needs an opinion on Burns one way or another to recognize this. Nobody needs to have an opinion on the scope's function to recognize this. What a whinefest.
Geebus, the endless blather on and on about the Leupold COO because folks have a hard on for Burns is pointless to the max. GFY
More whine from your do nothing azz, GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are like the poster girl of do nothing.

Here is doing something.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/10/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
G
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

You are like the poster girl of do nothing.

Here is doing something.

Mm okay, dumb fugk Burns

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Come on, let's see even one post with some substance from you. Ever? Possibly some factual information to add to the discussion? Some first-hand experience? Subject knowledge? LOL. Hahahaha. Geebus, ever even drive through Beaverton? Offer up something relevant or GFY, stalker.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Most of Leupold's glass come from Philippines. Leupold stated that long ago. They do source glass in other places. Korea, EU, Japan. I have not heard of any actual Chinese glass being used, but I don't see why it's not possible in this era.

As a bit of "rumor" I've heard from Leupold employees, Leupold does use Chinese and other Asian sourced "components" and "assemblies" that are used internally. I cannot back this claim up however.

Last edited by slingworks; 12/12/22.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The Trijicon Credo arrived today and I'm really happy with it. It was overcast here today and the Credo brightened things up considerably so it should be perfect in the shaded areas I hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
The Trijicon Credo arrived today and I'm really happy with it. It was overcast here today and the Credo brightened things up considerably so it should be perfect in the shaded areas I hunt.

I had both of mine at the range Friday. They behaved perfectly in limited testing.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (37L1, 257 mag, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.