Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by ironbender
Boggy was a good man.
RIP

AMEN! James, aka "Boggy Creek Ranger", aka "Gen Jubilation T. Cornpone", was a good man, a friend, and a bright spot in my life as well as others.

To get a glimpse of his character, see "The Great Texas Coon War" thread; LINK

He will be sorely missed.

Ed

Good morning Maj. Malfunction,

Thanks for the link, thought I would take a look to at it get an idea of the man, Funny Stuff! Ended up reading all 9 pages covering the Coon Wars.

The battle is outlined by the Coons in their War History book titled: History of the Coon Wars, written by Gen. Coon Lee, chapter 8, "Battle at the Bird Feeders, The dismal Leadership of Gen. Direction".

My condolences to you as well as to Gen. Confusion and Cpl. Punishment and platoon!

Kind regards,

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/19/22.

KB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Always enjoyed reading Boggy's posts. Another good one gone.

R.I.P. Boggy Creek Ranger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked BCR and he was missed here, as are you, Terry. I'm sorry to read of his passing.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
That is a real loss to us all. Thanks for posting that. E

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
So sorry. Prayers for the family. Rest in Peace.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
May he rest in peace. He will be sorely missed. I will be praying for his wife and loved ones.

Jim

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
One of the originals and one of the best. Condolences.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad to hear this. Never a good time for a tragedy but seems magnified during the season . RIP BCR.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
So sorry to hear this.

Terry, thanks for sharing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boggy Creek Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From Leon County Texas
Join Date 01/27/01
Last Seen 12/23/16
Total Posts

Posts Per Day
Well Jeff and to all my old and newer friends a sincere wish for a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

I'm now just starting my fifth year of battling this devil of cancer and so they tell me I'm doing amazingly well, considering.

One thing this stuff does is force you to re-evaluate your dreams and goals, I reckon that is good.

You discover what is really important and what isn't. I've found out things don't matter, people do. Cherish what ever good memories and relationships you have. That's all that really matters in the end so let the rest slide.

They say you are never really gone until no body remembers your name any more. So, friends and neighbors, with a warm and friendly embrace remember me as I do you.

All the best in life to you all.

James
BCR

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by ironbender
Boggy was a good man.
RIP

AMEN! James, aka "Boggy Creek Ranger", aka "Gen Jubilation T. Cornpone", was a good man, a friend, and a bright spot in my life as well as others.

To get a glimpse of his character, see "The Great Texas Coon War" thread; LINK

He will be sorely missed.

Ed

Good morning Maj. Malfunction,

Thanks for the link, though I would take a look to at it get an idea of the man, Funny Stuff! Ended up reading all 9 pages covering the Coon Wars.

The battle is outlined by the Coons in their War History book titled: History of the Coon Wars, written by Gen. Coon Lee, chapter 8, "Battle at the Bird Feeders, The dismal Leadership of Gen. Direction".

My condolences to you as well as to Gen. Confusion and Cpl. Punishment and platoon!

Kind regards,

Amen.ya the old boy will be campaigning to mount a coon quorinteen group to keep them under control. that is a great thread and shows the light hearted ness and fun that can be enjoyed on here. R I P , BCR

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and another campfire member leaves us....we are lessened once more...

condolences and blessings to his family during this difficult time.

RIP Boggy....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How very sad, We all go soon enough, but sudden death like this makes it particularly tragic. RIP, Boggy.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by T LEE
It is with a heavy heart that I post this:
James C Nash (Boggy Creek Ranger) Passed away suddenly Dec. 5th, 2022 in a traffic accident.

https://www.waltersfuneraldirectorsinc.com/obituaries/James-Carrol-Nash,-II?obId=26546573#/celebrationWall

I can't say enough how much I hate to read this. I truly enjoyed BCR's posts. I remember his struggles to recover after falling out of a tree stand, and later, a struggle with cancer. I regret I never got to shake his hand. Rest in peace, sir.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Partsman
Boggy Creek Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From Leon County Texas
Join Date 01/27/01
Last Seen 12/23/16
Total Posts

Posts Per Day
Well Jeff and to all my old and newer friends a sincere wish for a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

I'm now just starting my fifth year of battling this devil of cancer and so they tell me I'm doing amazingly well, considering.

One thing this stuff does is force you to re-evaluate your dreams and goals, I reckon that is good.

You discover what is really important and what isn't. I've found out things don't matter, people do. Cherish what ever good memories and relationships you have. That's all that really matters in the end so let the rest slide.

They say you are never really gone until no body remembers your name any more. So, friends and neighbors, with a warm and friendly embrace remember me as I do you.

All the best in life to you all.

James
BCR
Its amazing he lasted as long as he did with the type of cancer he had, my mom had the same, and it's not curable they only buy you time my mom made it 7 yrs after being diagnosed, 10yrs is considered really long. Boggy made it 11 so he beat the odds and cancer didn't take him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sad news. Too many of the good guys that got me following along at the fire are passing. Thanks for the notice T Lee. He is missed.

The changing of the guard is in progress.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BCR

Profound words by BCR.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 204guy, 66 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.