Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good afternoon to you again sir, I hope you're keeping warm enough on this blustery Sunday.

If you've not listened to Ian Runkle's take on the bill, it's worth the time in my opinion. He's the Edmonton firearms lawyer who is currently taking the feds to court - one of them anyways - and he's intimately familiar with their use of terms.

In Ian's opinion, it's not the dangerous game chamberings of the No 1 or Weatherby Mk V or Mauser Sporter - its all of them because they use the term "variant" attached onto it. Also we see Parker shotguns - all of them - as well as the Purdey Rook and Rabbit rifle which was only chambered for something like .310 Rook I want to say.

The choice we have to make is that the list was a bad joke, something made by a complete and utter idiot or that they're actually showing their hand to the the true believers that indeed they mean to take all the guns.

Sorry I keep on coming up with less than happy conclusions Hugh and I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but perhaps the choir can use some of this to convince some of their acquaintances to wake up to what PM Socks and his Evil Minions who absolutely do include Jagmeet Singh Jimmy Dhaliwal in my view.

Regardless of this mess, I still honestly do hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne, all the best for your day. I have taken a short break from cutting up a moose for a cup of hot tea and thought I would check in on the forum.

I did watch Ian Runkle and also the interview with the government bureaucrat who when questioned on the Ruger #1 stated that it was only the "variant's capable of over 10,000 joules" --- he went on to state it was the same for the Weatherby Mark V. It is clear that the legal wording is confusing and the list is more than a bad joke. What is with the 10,000 joules of energy classification and then moving to naming specific models of guns ---- do military grade guns not have models that they could more easily prepare a smaller list for (confused). Clearly the end game of the NDP / Liberal coalition is something else.

There really was no need for this. This is typical for Trudeau to create an issue to deflect attention away from a mistake he has made --- inflation, $6,000 per night hotel room, RCMP procurment, shambles and government interference on the NS shooting, emergencies act --- take your pick his legacy of sink holes is huge.

All the best for the remainder of your day. Back out to the garage for me

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Thanks for the reply sir, my goodness I wish I was closer as there's few things I like better than cutting up game. It's such a deeply satisfying task.

The government official was lying again unfortunately since any No 1, Mk V or Mauser "could" be rebarreled to take a cartridge which would exceed their magic joule number.

As an aside, whoever came up with that bit of illogical idiocy should be forced to walk in front of someone going into the pucker brush for a wounded large animal at least once. Well and if they survive that then twice.

The only reason I can come up with regarding the magic joules number is "they" don't want anyone having something like a .50BMG rifle, but that's just a guess on my part. In my opinion there is so little logic to be found in what "they" again PM Socks, Pinocchio Mendicino and Jimmy Dhaliwal are doing that I'm reduced to guessing you know?

The combined "they" cannot be that utterly out of touch to do this just for virtue signaling can they?

As far as true military equipment, if we didn't have any registered to us in 1977 I believe it was, then we couldn't be grandfathered and that's that. Nothing new of that classification has been available legally to Canadians who did not have the grandfathered status since then.

In the same way that when the 12-6 prohibition came in for handguns, if you had a .25 or .32 caliber handgun you were grandfathered and could only sell to others who were also grandfathered. I cannot pass them on with my estate even if my heirs are RPAL holders.

All of Canada is a safer place because my heirs will not be able to ever possess a .32 S&W 5 shot revolver. I am willing to make that sacrifice so "they" can sleep more soundly at night...... crazy crazy crazy frown

Hopefully the sarcasm was thick enough there for any and all. I mean all the gang bangers must be clamoring to pack a .32 S&W revolver for which no ammo has been available in the past 50 odd years right? Further crazy and ineffective virtue signaling for the uninformed at best.

Again I apologize that I'm seemingly consistently not bearing glad tidings at this time of year.

I'll say again that personally I do believe a sovereign God remains in control despite what "they" might think. I'll ask that folks inclined to do so would pray for us for strength, wisdom and then for peace as well.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs, I do wish you all the best this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Better Half asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I responded "A different Prime Minister!" Did anyone else ask for the same thing?

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good afternoon again my friend, I still hope your fire's burning bright today as the quick search says you're at -21°? Ugh..

It's -12° here, but with the wind it feels a tad less of course and it's snowing - again/some more.

My goodness yes, I hope your Christmas wish is granted and then some.

It's tough for me to get into the spirit of the season when I'm having conversations with my daughter trying to figure out what we'll be legally hunting with next season you know?

And then of course I don't bloody know so there's that too.

Anyways, I'll say once more that I'm sorry not to have some good news once in awhile, it's not my preference to be quite this pessimistic and certainly not at Christmas.

Sincerely I do hope you and yours have a good Christmas Season though my friend, regardless of the "interesting times" we seem to be slogging through.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/18/22. Reason: outside temp is dropping like a rock...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
My Better Half asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I responded "A different Prime Minister!" Did anyone else ask for the same thing?
LOL, I hope you are on Santa’s “nice” list! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
LOL, I hope you are on Santa’s “nice” list! grin

I guess we are going to find out hey? lol

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe you will get that, election in 2023....rumors.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I cannot agree more strongly and am hoping for Polievre with Ms. Lewis as "Justice Minister". But, what we REALLY NEED is a new Constitution and a "Second Amendment" clause therein.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otto1217
I cannot agree more strongly and am hoping for Polievre with Ms. Lewis as "Justice Minister". But, what we REALLY NEED is a new Constitution and a "Second Amendment" clause therein.

Exactly ..... We need the RIGHT to own firearms, not the privilege.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting in Toronto.
I bet Trudeau has a big time chubb this morning.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
An obviously mentally-ill man who could and should have had his guns taken away legally years ago. Instead, this will be used to advance Castreau’s gun control agenda.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ondo-building-shooting-near-toronto.html

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
An obviously mentally-ill man who could and should have had his guns taken away legally years ago. Instead, this will be used to advance Castreau’s gun control agenda.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ondo-building-shooting-near-toronto.html

Tragic for the families

No coverage in the news here on the gun being illegal --- yet the UK news is carrying this story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-killed-Toronto-area-condo-shooting.html

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good evening to you sir, I hope you're keeping warm enough tonight and you're all well.

I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that when PM Socks gave his soundbite to the news on the shooting he didn't mention that it was an unlawful firearm... Shocked I tell you... frown

Thanks for the link though, it's interesting to see that when media isn't paid by the government they can find some pertinent facts at least sometimes.

Best to you all this Christmas Season Hugh.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Remember how the media twists stuff, guys.

Castreau banned handguns, remember? Yes, if you had one before the ban, you’re grandfathered, but to the media banned means “illegal”. This guy does not fit the demographic or profile of someone who would acquire truly “illegal” guns.

I would bet my last dollar that this guy had an rPAL and the cops knew it. He was a nut job that was filing numerous frivolous lawsuits against the condo board for nutty stuff. Yet no one, the cops or the civil courts, bothered to step in.

As usual, laws already on the books aren’t enforced, while Castreau imposes new ones to harass law-abiding Canadians.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Remember how the media twists stuff, guys.

Castreau banned handguns, remember? Yes, if you had one before the ban, you’re grandfathered, but to the media banned means “illegal”. This guy does not fit the demographic or profile of someone who would acquire truly “illegal” guns.

I would bet my last dollar that this guy had an rPAL and the cops knew it. He was a nut job that was filing numerous frivolous lawsuits against the condo board for nutty stuff. Yet no one, the cops or the civil courts, bothered to step in.

As usual, laws already on the books aren’t enforced, while Castreau imposes new ones to harass law-abiding Canadians.
I was thinking the same thing. I was reading somewhere he was fined $30,000 (I forget what for) but a guy who is fined that much is a good candidate to snap. Laws that are not enforced are the cause of alot of problems.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Trudeau comes out and says they will be banning hunting guns and also choosing which ones are acceptable --- to him and his friends for now.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do not know if you guys have seen this just was it this AM

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tru...oo-dangerous-in-other-contexts-1.6201494

KB

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
KB - is unbelievable how far backwards Canada has gone under this twit. Unfortunately we have not seen the bottom yet.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HughW
KB - is unbelievable how far backwards Canada has gone under this twit. Unfortunately we have not seen the bottom yet.

True, but as I have said many times in this thread, Canada has been sliding into oblivion for quite some time, it did not start with Trudeau JR.

We are a "Ruined Nation" our friends to the south are on the same path, only a miracle will save them from our fate now.

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/21/22.

KB

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 11 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.