-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a diamond D for my HK USP. It's not bad for a middle of the road price. Use it as chest rig or shoulder holster

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Thanks bud. I thought most kydex holsters had adjustable retention...

Like everyone here, got it because it got such good reviews.

Maybe they have adjustable tension now. 🤷‍♂️

Very happy with local product.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
If I were local ...

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, ya *could* be.
😎

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I use one for a G19 MOS. Its fast out and I’ve tidied-up a hikers hi speed pitbull while wearing it. I can’t quietly draw from it when deer hunting. Yes I hunt deer with a 9mm from time to time. I am interested in that nylon Diamond D?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Thanks bud. I thought most kydex holsters had adjustable retention...

When I got one for a Sig P220 it was so tight it was a 2 man operation to pull it out. laugh

Thanks for posting that!

I have two, one for a 1911 and one for a Glock 21. The one for the 21 acted like a level III retention holster. Now I am, as Phil Robertson puts it, "happy-happy-happy".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My daughter brought this home to me from the Air Force:

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Un...c8ea1e1&pd_rd_i=B002KIGGM6&psc=1

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I've read lots of complaints about difficulty in drawing one handed and the noise. I read somewhere about a guy who put moleskin or something on inside and outside to quiet it and heated it up to get the retention perfect. Seems like those issues should be addressed by company not individuals though

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Talus in Arizona: Hope you find enough answers to your inquiry.
I just wanted to add this. Here in my remote neck'o the woods (largest size county in Montana with a population of only 9,200 people) along our main highway is a full-size "billboard" advertising "Kenai Chester Holsters"!
I have never seen one in person and the billboard made NO reference to a store, anywhere, that sold them - just a picture of the holster in use and the words "Kenai Chest Holsters".
They must have SOME advertising budget?
Good luck if you decide to try one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by smallfry
I use one for a G19 MOS. Its fast out and I’ve tidied-up a hikers hi speed pitbull while wearing it. I can’t quietly draw from it when deer hunting. Yes I hunt deer with a 9mm from time to time. I am interested in that nylon Diamond D?

While the leather Diamond D is a great holster, their nylon one is garbage in my experience. You cannot safely re-holster one handed with it due to the placement of the retention strap. The design is such that you can end up muzzling some of your tender bits or have the retention strap possibly make the gun go off as you re-holster.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I've got a GS Holster that a guy out in the valley makes. Picked it up for like $75 from Alaska Ammo. Seems to look pretty much the same as a Kenai holster to me, but I've not messed with one.

GS Holsters

I looked at their website when you spotted this and the went to order one last week from them for my Glock 20. They are closed for the season the website says now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I've got a GS Holster that a guy out in the valley makes. Picked it up for like $75 from Alaska Ammo. Seems to look pretty much the same as a Kenai holster to me, but I've not messed with one.

GS Holsters

I looked at their website when you spotted this and the went to order one last week from them for my Glock 20. They are closed for the season the website says now.

That's weird! My buddy just bought one from them a few weeks ago. Give Alaska Ammo in ANC a call. They usually stock them there and for whatever reason sell them for less than direct from the company. Last time I looked there they were $75 from Alaska Ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christmas Holiday Break, maybe?

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have one for my 627. It's pretty tight on retention but I'll heat it up and adjust it. My thought was that with so many N Frames out there, it must have been mine being larger than average. Overall, I'm happy with the product. It's loud but I'm not hunting with the 627 as a primary. The noise hasn't scared off any grouse I've shot with it and it's comfortable to carry or ride a quad with all day.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
After seeing all these comments I will stick with Diamond D leather

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hikerbum

SMART
[size:26pt][/size]

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Diamond D holsters are great, but I want a to try out a Kydex one. Getting your Diamond D soaking wet is not a fun task. Their non leather holsters, I absolutely despise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Christmas Holiday Break, maybe?

Website says to go unforeseen circumstances and that they will look to improve shipping times.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by pabucktail

While the leather Diamond D is a great holster, their nylon one is garbage in my experience. You cannot safely re-holster one handed with it due to the placement of the retention strap. The design is such that you can end up muzzling some of your tender bits or have the retention strap possibly make the gun go off as you re-holster.

Well you just saved me some money. I love my leather Diamond D holsters I have and was eyeballing a couple nylon ones.

I had a Kenai holster for a G20 but didn't like it. It was well built but I didn't like how it rode on my chest. The DD rides a little lower and off to the side. Maybe Kenai can be adjusted but I gave it to a friend. He likes it.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by trapperJ
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Well you just saved me some money. I love my leather Diamond D holsters I have and was eyeballing a couple nylon ones.

I had a Kenai holster for a G20 but didn't like it. It was well built but I didn't like how it rode on my chest. The DD rides a little lower and off to the side. Maybe Kenai can be adjusted but I gave it to a friend. He likes it.
Good to know

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (16penny, 14idaho, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 33 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.