Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
getting annoyed at Kuiu lately. earlier this year my kids bought me a guide jacket for a gift. Apparently you have to follow the process. instead I just sent it back to them with my name, address, email. phone etc. asking to exchange for once size bigger. instead they didn't do anything for over a month, I finally called, to check on it, The guy proceeded to chew me out that I didn't have the order number. its like dude, its a phu ckin gift!! I don't know. anyways instead of getting a different guide jacket once size bigger they only give me credit for the sales price. In the mean time the jacket went up in price by $70 and I had to pay an extra $70 just to get what was a "gift" keep in mind the jacket I sent back to them was brand new with tags on it.

my 11 year old want Kuiu for christmas really bad. So we bought him a youth jacket that turned out to be too small, wife sent it back, but has to pay an extra $50 bucks now because the price of the jacket has went up. This is piss poor business practices. When someone simply wants an exchange for a different size its BS to have to pay extra for it. Especially since the company doesn't have retail locations to check sizing, AND Kuiu sizing is different than most other brands to boot.

my business will be waning with them. When you get a gift its weird to go hounding someone for a Phuc ing order number!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Simple, bye bye kuiu. Plenty of other companies selling over priced outdoor wear made in china.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The only thing more gay than actually buying/wearing Kuiu is bitching about it online.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
My business with them would more than just wane. There is no shortage of companies selling hunting clothes. Maybe send them a link to your post.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Kuiu and MANY others return process SUCKS.

I sent Kuiu a copy of a Dennis Kirk [motorcycle stuff] return label that comes with every order. If for any reason the part doesn't work slap that return label on the box the stuff came in with a note telling them what's wrong and what you want. I think Kuiu and many others won't do something like that, hoping you'll just say screw it and keep the item.

Look how easy it is to send Amazon items back. BUT I see jackasses ordering things and doing Youtube ""reviews"" on the items then sending them all back to Amazon. The, please like/share/subscribe goofs. One guy did a lightweight camping chair comparison and admitted he was doing that. Morons like him ruin the good shipping return policies.

Same type jackasses who abused Cabelas guarantees, ruined it for all the honest people. < Wear an expensive pair of hunting boots all season then send them back to Cabelas for a refund, next season , rinse/repeat.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never owned any KUIU. I like the camo patterns but hate buying clothes online without trying them on and they seem more western oriented Vs. walking through brush to a blind. That sucks OP. For what they sell for and direct marketing with no middle man they should have better customer service.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Once the owner checked out it was all over. I’m long done w them.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Eff 'em.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don’t have a horse in this race but…

“Apparently you have to follow a process. instead I just sent it in”

😂

edit: I've been happy with their (discontinued) Chugach jacket. Bought a second one on closeout.

Last edited by bluffview; 12/30/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bluffview
I don’t have a horse in this race but…

“Apparently you have to follow a process. instead I just sent it in”

😂

Interesting isn't it...lol

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have had several issues with KUIU products. Worst was a Merino wool shirt that fell apart after one wearing. Took weeks of back and forth before they let me return it. I will never buy from them again.

Sam......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
They're horrible

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I didn't know it was made in china , no-mo-fa-me, laf, probably can't find anything NOT made in chynEE.

Saw a bunch of really bad news on First Lite, one guys lite-weight goose down jacket got a tear in it. He said it wasn't a "down" jacket it was a nylon windbreaker,, as close to ZERO down as you could get. Others with the same jacket said theirs had 0-loft- great!!!, and $250 windbreaker.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In addition to their poor performance on returns, KUIU has no local outlets. They sell mail order or Internet only. They offer free shipping. If you don't like the product, for what ever reason, you can return it. But you have to pay for the return shipping. So you have to pay just to take a look at the product.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kuiu is probably stuck with the mentality that there are only a couple of operators in the lightweight high end outdoor clothing game, and they'll die with that.

If Origin makes something that would work for you, consider them over Kuiu so as not to further enrich chinks.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am just glad i have never heard of them before tonight.

Hope folks with problems with their goods get things worked out.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I didn't know it was made in china , no-mo-fa-me, laf, probably can't find anything NOT made in chynEE.

Saw a bunch of really bad news on First Lite, one guys lite-weight goose down jacket got a tear in it. He said it wasn't a "down" jacket it was a nylon windbreaker,, as close to ZERO down as you could get. Others with the same jacket said theirs had 0-loft- great!!!, and $250 windbreaker.
I didn’t know that it was made in China either. I hate seeing high priced items made in China. If a company is going to charge through the nose with a massive markup at least make the product here rather than farm it out to China.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Massive markup is why they outsource to Chyna.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few of their products, mainly pants (when they sourced in Canada) and I think pretty highly of them. But all of their stuff is ridiculously overpriced.

I’ve used their customer service and while slow as molasses, they made things right.

Anytime I return anything to a company, the first thing I do is see their website for return details. That concept shouldn’t be terribly hard to grasp.

And me thinks the attitude of the customer is what got him the $70 upcharge. 😗

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SKane
Anytime I return anything to a company, the first thing I do is see their website for return details. That concept shouldn’t be terribly hard to grasp.

Seems like a pretty common sense thing to do. Unless you're a "the world revolves around me" kind of person.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 3,276 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,963
Posts18,499,212
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.