-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no doubt this cumminscowboy guy had the problems he had. However, my experience was exactly opposite. I like their attack pants for daily wear. I was given a pair as a gift a couple of years ago. I ordered three new pairs and an undershirt from them with their big sale this fall. I ended up returning two of the items. My whole experience was such that when done, I thought to myself, "self, every company should do it like these guys".

I placed my order. I got an e-mail telling me the status of fulfilling my order. I got an e-mail telling me when it was shipped along with tracking. Apparently they track it too because I got an e-mail from them telling me there was a weather related shipping delay while somewhere in route. I checked tracking. Well I'll be darned, they were right. The package was delivered to my house. About two minutes later I got an e-mail from them telling me my package had been delivered.

I decided to return two items. I followed their instructions. They e-mailed a return shipping label on their dime. I returned my stuff. I got an e-mail from them telling me they received my shipment and were processing my return. A day or two later I got another e-mail from them telling me my funds had been returned. I checked. They were correct.

Like I said, I'm not disputing what happened to the OP. I'm one to point out when a business screws the pooch. However, I then feel compelled to give them kudos when they are due. In my case, Kudos to KUIU for how they handled my return.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Having to follow their process is one thing.

Not exchanging for the correct size unless you pay $70 is BS.

Thanks for the warning.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call me crazy but after the run around and the upcharge on a like-for-like exchange I would have told them to refund my card and went elsewhere, not given them more money and then another purchase (that ended with more money shelled out for exchange).

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I have no doubt this cumminscowboy guy had the problems he had. However, my experience was exactly opposite. I like their attack pants for daily wear. I was given a pair as a gift a couple of years ago. I ordered three new pairs and an undershirt from them with their big sale this fall. I ended up returning two of the items. My whole experience was such that when done, I thought to myself, "self, every company should do it like these guys".

I placed my order. I got an e-mail telling me the status of fulfilling my order. I got an e-mail telling me when it was shipped along with tracking. Apparently they track it too because I got an e-mail from them telling me there was a weather related shipping delay while somewhere in route. I checked tracking. Well I'll be darned, they were right. The package was delivered to my house. About two minutes later I got an e-mail from them telling me my package had been delivered.

I decided to return two items. I followed their instructions. They e-mailed a return shipping label on their dime. I returned my stuff. I got an e-mail from them telling me they received my shipment and were processing my return. A day or two later I got another e-mail from them telling me my funds had been returned. I checked. They were correct.

Like I said, I'm not disputing what happened to the OP. I'm one to point out when a business screws the pooch. However, I then feel compelled to give them kudos when they are due. In my case, Kudos to KUIU for how they handled my return.
. Almost my entire hunting clothing outfit is kuiu. It’s light and compact and fits pretty much entirely in a small back pack. They have some things that are unique. Yes the attack pants are great, I also have the katana pants which are great too.

The problem is the details. What you describe about tracking isn’t anything special. Most companies offer the same tracking including what you sell and ship on eBay if you buy labels through them.

As for your returns there is a distinct difference. Yeah they are great about refunds. That is the problem. All returns are refunds. What that means is if you still want an item. You have to pay extra to get it because the sale is over. Return a jacket for a different size they just refund your money instead of just giving you the different size. The problem is when it’s a gift. That means you have to pay extra if the gift was on sale just to get the different size. Or if it wasn’t a gift and you still want the item you have to again pay extra for the different size. I am not aware of any on sight retailers that operate that way. Much less a company that only sells online.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/29/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Designer hunting apparel with snotty customer service

beautiful

Flannelflauge and army surplus for the Scumload

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

. Almost my entire hunting clothing outfit is kuiu. It’s light and compact and fits pretty much entirely in a small back pack. They have some things that are unique. Yes the attack pants are great, I also have the katana pants which are great too.

The problem is the details. What you describe about tracking isn’t anything special. Most companies offer the same tracking including what you sell and ship on eBay if you buy labels through them.

As for your returns there is a distinct difference. Yeah they are great about refunds. That is the problem. All returns are refunds. What that means is if you still want an item. You have to pay extra to get it because the sale is over. Return a jacket for a different size they just refund your money instead of just giving you the different size. The problem is when it’s a gift. That means you have to pay extra if the gift was on sale just to get the different size. Or if it wasn’t a gift and you still want the item you have to again pay extra for the different size. I am not aware of any on sight retailers that operate that way. Much less a company that only sells online.

How about just ordering the correct size to start with? A convenient "size guide" is available on their website.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KUIU -

When ordering you need to check the sizing guide out. It is a bit different than other sites. However with 27+ different sizing charts available one needed to confirm if the product fits you.

The first time I received a shirt it did not fit and it is was not the right size, i called them and followed the directions and sent it back and they promptly replaced it. The shirt was on sale and there was no additional expense to me.

I like their their pants and shorts they wear well and fit great. The shirts fit well however you need to order the correct size using their chart. I also have vest and jackets plus some other items and they are quality items .

As noted on the internet, one needs to follow the directions when returning items for a refund or to be replaced.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amazing what happens when you don't follow their instructions.

Attack pants are awesome, I returned the first pair for a different size and followed their instructions. This was after the sale and it was replaced with no issues. WTF do you expect them to do? Imagine the surge of dumbasses that don't follow instructions during the holidays?

FFS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, can't speak to KUIU's return policy. But I can say their Super Down ULTRA Jacket is the schizzle. wink

I got the Guide jacket too, it' meh.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

I was just stating my factual customer service experience and never even alluded to it even being close to yours. You focused more on tracking than I thought anybody would. My point was that step by step, throughout the entire process, they made it so simple a moron could do it. I know because I am a moron.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The merino zip off long johns are money well spent. I like their socks as well. Id like to have the super down jacket but dont want to spend that kind of money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The only thing more gay than actually buying/wearing Kuiu is bitching about it online.

Oh damn…truth grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
And me thinks the attitude of the customer is what got him the $70 upcharge. 😗

I am not a Kuiu fan nor a user, but being who the OP is and how he has presented himself on this board in the past, this was my immediate thought as well.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bwana338
KUIU -

When ordering you need to check the sizing guide out. It is a bit different than other sites. However with 27+ different sizing charts available one needed to confirm if the product fits you.

The first time I received a shirt it did not fit and it is was not the right size, i called them and followed the directions and sent it back and they promptly replaced it. The shirt was on sale and there was no additional expense to me.

I like their their pants and shorts they wear well and fit great. The shirts fit well however you need to order the correct size using their chart. I also have vest and jackets plus some other items and they are quality items .

As noted on the internet, one needs to follow the directions when returning items for a refund or to be replaced.
again when someone buys you a gift how do they know the exact size to get? Same with my 11 year old. It’s a youth size and we didn’t know what his sizing would be. You shouldn’t buy a gift for someone or get a gift and have to pay extra for the size that actually fits.

I personally have about $2k of their products. My older son close to that. My business is going other places. It’s all I am saying. Just feedback for others.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I purchased a couple items on Black Friday at pretty good discounts. A strong fleece and a second peloton 240 one size larger than my last one that my wife wanted.

Many of the sales were based on clothing sizes.
I could see all sorts of shenanigans with a swap policy.

Lots of people out to game the system, just results in [bleep] rules.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The size guide and return policy is right on the website.

It’s not rocket surgery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has KUIU come out with playground camo?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by losttrail60

It’s not rocket surgery.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about,, FACT> I bought Gaitors [Large] that supposedly fit up to size 12 per the 'size guide' . I wear size 11 regular width, the Large size Katana Storm Gaiter adjusted all the out wouldn't fit over Nike gym shoes. They barely fit me while wearing only sox .
The XL fits well, they obviously don't make gaiters for someone who wears 13-14 size.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rick needs to hurry up and start the "Leaky Tampon" section.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by losttrail60

It’s not rocket surgery.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about,, FACT> I bought Gaitors [Large] that supposedly fit up to size 12 per the 'size guide' . I wear size 11 regular width, the Large size Katana Storm Gaiter adjusted all the out wouldn't fit over Nike gym shoes. They barely fit me while wearing only sox .
The XL fits well, they obviously don't make gaiters for someone who wears 13-14 size.

The problem is old guys should not order off the internet.

I have bought gear from all the hunt clothing companies with out a problem.

Reading AND understanding the size guide is key. Hint.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,110
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.