Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Looking to pickup a lighter weight stock for my Remington 700 ADL Long Action. I think McMillan, Manners and AG Composites May be the best out there but are there any others that compete with them for less money? My primary wants are high enough comb to get a good cheek weld with the 40mm scooe in low rings and fairly lightweight. Would prefer to have pillars preinstalled.

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm a huge fan of Manners, great guys to deal with an they offer a great veterans discount. My smith absolutely loves working with their stocks and they're in KC, which for me makes it easier to try things out.

Unfortunately, the pillars aren't preinstalled and the stock must be bedded. They do have several models for a lightweight build depending on your barrel profile and how wide of a forearm you're looking for. I've got an EH3 on order now, which is a 24-27 ounce "mountain" style stock with a higher comb. It's going on a 700 LA in 300WM with a 3-18x50mm. For what you're describing I'd look at their UC:

[Linked Image from mannersstocks.com]

https://mannersstocks.com/stocks/hunting-stocks/#

which is a traditional designed stock with a weight of around 22 ounces. I've also used a couple of their EH8s and have been 100% satisfied.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GB Outlander and RHR will have it to you,in 3 days. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I've lotsa' them in S/A. The only hitch in your giddyup,being they only inlet BDL or M5. Shoots softer than schit,due nice design...on the above 7mm RemMag with 180 ELD's at 2900fps+. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
B&C Ti is 29oz. I'm too cheap for anything else and it is drop-in

Last edited by richj; 12/31/22.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Outlander is a drop-in and I've bought more than a few from RHR for $249.99. I prefer their ergo's to B&C and the Outlander is lighter. Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The Manners Ultralight Classic is a thing of sheer beauty. On a short action, it weighs about 17 oz. (13" LOP). The lines on the Brown Precision are also classic and very appealing. Lastly, you might take a look at Mark Bansner's stocks. Bansner commissioned new molds, with new processes and materials. They also have a stock patterned after the Miller classic. My .02 worth.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
not familar with GB and who is RHR.

PS no ADL listed

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm guessing Red Hawk Rifles.
https://redhawkrifles.com/

He went over yonder way
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking LAUGHING! HINT.

You Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint..................

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The Manners Ultralight Classic is a thing of sheer beauty. On a short action, it weighs about 17 oz. (13" LOP). The lines on the Brown Precision are also classic and very appealing. Lastly, you might take a look at Mark Bansner's stocks. Bansner commissioned new molds, with new processes and materials. They also have a stock patterned after the Miller classic. My .02 worth.

Honestly I'd like to build another rifle using a Rem M7 stock, just to have an excuse to try a Manners UC. I checked one out at their shop and it is a really nice design.

I've got a B&C Alaskan Ti (same concept as their Mountain Ti without the full length aluminum block) and it works well and does save some weight from their normal stocks.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Take a look at AG composites. I cant remember the weight, but a good well made to order stock with 6-8 week delivery.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tom is good people,but they routinely fhuqk up inlets. The UC pattern's comb runs away and the wrist is long/slow. Easy pass. Hint.

RHR can have an AG Altitude to you in 3 days,but as Sporter patterns go,I want an Outlander. Hint.

AG Waypoint,day before last. hint.

AG Altitude. Hint.

Yet another Outlander. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think GB upped the weight of the Outlander sometime early last year—says 32 oz. on their website and 30 oz. on RHR. The LA BDL that I got from RHR during their Thanksgiving sale weighs 36 oz. and doesn't say UL on the box.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...8/grayboe-outlander-changes#Post17042148

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just opened a NIB specimen,laying in wait. Hint.

Just sayin'.

L/A's being of less mass yet,due inlet sizing. Hint................

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Just opened a NIB specimen,laying in wait. Hint.

Just sayin'.

L/A's being of less mass yet,due inlet sizing. Hint................

Hell, that’s as light as the McMillan edges they were turning out at the end before Beck. Where are you finding the ultralights? Thought they stopped making them. I’d grab a couple …

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
unfortunately the best value now is probably a used mcmillan....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stocky's Stocks NextGen CF might be worth a look. Personally haven't fondled one, but a few here on 24Hr have.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
Take a look at AG composites. I cant remember the weight, but a good well made to order stock with 6-8 week delivery.

Before I put my money out for the AG, I'd confirm the delivery time. Last I heard it had passed the 14 week mark.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If you want a high comb, look at the B&C Weatherby style #2963, 2.2 lbs. I like the tighter radius of the pistol grip on this stock when compared to the Mountain Ti. I have them on Howa 1500 actions and would have more if they made this stock for the short action 700.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,091
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.