laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Redneck
Oh, and I forgot... There's the laughable 'slot limit'.... Fish gotta be more than 15" or less than 15.5", (walleyes) or they can't be kept... The trout stream I grew up on had, for decades, a 10-fish limit - they just had to be over 6"... Not now - oh nooooooooooo... Now it's limited to (last I saw) three fish and they had to be over "X" inches in length.. Sunfish used to be a limit of 25/person.. Not now, on many lakes..

For those of us who like fish, getting the limits here are good for a day or two. Then it's off to the lake again (gas, bait, boat, license, you-name-it) to (hopefully) get another batch..

Trust me - going to a fish market is MUCHO cheaper... AND (a yuge bonus) there's NO FREAKIN' SLOT LIMIT, NO BAG LIMIT, AND I DON'T HAFTA BUY A FREAKIN' LICENSE.

WI can keep it's effing fish...

Rant (mostly) over... laugh laugh
You are so right…. I Musky & Walleye fished Sawyer, Oneida & Vilas counties religiously Spring & Fall from 1988 to 2013. Ceded territory regulations in the northern 1/3’d of state are too restrictive for us “Pale Faces” because Indian Tribes get to spear all the spawning walleyes and muskies they want. It’s ridiculous. The lakes in the southern part of the state and parts of the Lake Superior & Lake Michigan have much better fishing. My Dad’s homeland on Lake Winnebago and my Eau Claire Buffalo Co Homeland Mississippi Lakes blow most of N WI away for fishing. The only reason I would really consider going back up north would be to experience the supper clubs and just the Northwoods “experience”. Fishing basically sucks up North there and the regulations are too complex.

Last edited by GAGoober; 12/31/22.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by 5sdad
"My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Wisconsin, I work in the lumber mills there..."

Translation: "My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Viscoonsin, I vork in da loomber mills dere..."

Wisconsin is a great state, however if Packer fans have a shootout with Brewer fans let's hope there are no survivors...on either side.

I’ve seen people from WI shoot. Pretty good chance nobody gets hit at all.”

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by Redneck
Oh, and I forgot... There's the laughable 'slot limit'.... Fish gotta be more than 15" or less than 15.5", (walleyes) or they can't be kept... The trout stream I grew up on had, for decades, a 10-fish limit - they just had to be over 6"... Not now - oh nooooooooooo... Now it's limited to (last I saw) three fish and they had to be over "X" inches in length.. Sunfish used to be a limit of 25/person.. Not now, on many lakes..

For those of us who like fish, getting the limits here are good for a day or two. Then it's off to the lake again (gas, bait, boat, license, you-name-it) to (hopefully) get another batch..

Trust me - going to a fish market is MUCHO cheaper... AND (a yuge bonus) there's NO FREAKIN' SLOT LIMIT, NO BAG LIMIT, AND I DON'T HAFTA BUY A FREAKIN' LICENSE.

WI can keep it's effing fish...

Rant (mostly) over... laugh laugh
You are so right…. I Musky & Walleye fished Sawyer, Oneida & Vilas counties religiously Spring & Fall from 1988 to 2013. Ceded territory regulations in the northern 1/3’d of state are too restrictive for us “Pale Faces” because Indian Tribes get to spear all the spawning walleyes and muskies they want. It’s ridiculous. The lakes in the southern part of the state and parts of the Lake Superior & Lake Michigan have much better fishing. My Dad’s homeland on Lake Winnebago and my Eau Claire Buffalo Co Homeland Mississippi Lakes blow most of N WI away for fishing. The only reason I would really consider going back up north would be to experience the supper clubs and just the Northwoods “experience”. Fishing basically sucks up North there and the regulations are too complex.

Yes, many dont realize that northern Wisconsin's fishing is not much to brag about . I have the nicest little 7 acres with 300' of South Fork Flambeau River frontage with a cabin on it and the place is all but useless. After about 15 yrs I actually caught a musky . It was 39" while fishing for smallmouth bass on the river. My son got a 18 3/4" smallmouth too this year . That is the 1 st fish we kept since 2016 and we fish it several times a year. The deer hunting is just terrible. I have not seen a buck in the gun season since 2009, my son since 2012 and we hunt at least 2 days. I have not seen a snowshoe hare since 2006 and didn't even get a bear this year and sat 6 days. The deer hunting is so bad that on opening day of deer season , he takes his shotgun and goes grouse hunting. The grouse hunting is fairly decent however.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/31/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Love the Flambeau River and that area SE of Winter along County Hwy W where it crosses the River by the big Black Bear. Some wild wild country. I guess the wolf population in the area has pretty much wiped out the deer.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Charlie, what kind of a question do you call that? Any idea who Loura Ingalls Wilder was?

She wrote the Little House books, not the TV show, the books. laugh

Yeah. Thought maybe you hooked up at a class reunion or somethin.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
S
I am reluctant to contribute to this post, with its obviously malicious intent. However, chivalry and being a lifelong resident of Wisconsin, prompts me to respond.

I'm sure that Wisconsin men would certainly appreciate it if some of you posters that were so quick to disparage the quality of Wisconsin's women, would provide a few photos of YOUR significant others. So that my fellow bumpkins and I could assess what we have been missing by living here.

By the way....I'm sure that all sophisticated gentlemen are aware that the newly crowned Miss America is from WISCONSIN....

Just Saying!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SargeantE5
I am reluctant to contribute to this post, with its obviously malicious intent. However, chivalry and being a lifelong resident of Wisconsin, prompts me to respond.

I'm sure that Wisconsin men would certainly appreciate it if some of you posters that were so quick to disparage the quality of Wisconsin's women, would provide a few photos of YOUR significant others. So that my fellow bumpkins and I could assess what we have been missing by living here.

By the way....I'm sure that all sophisticated gentlemen are aware that the newly crowned Miss America is from WISCONSIN....

Just Saying!!!

I lived in Wisconsin for several years. Have a bunch of family and friends there. Wish it was more conservative, but that's another conversation.

Moved to the south. Married a girl from Florida. I can promise you the women across the southeast are leagues above Wisconsin women. There are some big women down here, but not to the extent of the upper Midwest.

I love everyone in the badger state, but the girls are thick, no question.

Shots fired. Have at it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SargeantE5

Just Saying!!!
laugh laugh

I hear ya.. FWIW, the gal that lived across the street from the local cafe was sort of the "E. F. Hutton" of babes... When 'she comes out, EVERYBODY watches'... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
IMHO Alabama has some of the best looking cuties. ND may be the other end of the scale

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Love the Flambeau River and that area SE of Winter along County Hwy W where it crosses the River by the big Black Bear. Some wild wild country. I guess the wolf population in the area has pretty much wiped out the deer.

I am right in there. Just down stream from W. It is some wild country, some of the most remote in Wisconsin and tough area . Yes, the wolves got the deer numbers so low that even the wolves moved out. I rarely get them on the trail cam anymore. I love my cabin and 7 ac. that I got for almost free by todays standards , but there is so little there.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Schulberg Creamery Cheese!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Buckman
Yeah, there are worse places to be. I kinda like it here. To old to move, so here i be. Wish the wemmens didn't eat so much tho.
Wait a minute are you saying the women are thick? Pics?

Last edited by LBP; 01/01/23.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
W
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
W
I am sure WI ranks very high when it comes to inbreeding. Many are born with parts missing and the majority drool and are cross-eyed.

Just an observation ymmv.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhopperStopper
I am sure WI ranks very high when it comes to inbreeding. Many are born with parts missing and the majority drool and are cross-eyed.

Just an observation ymmv.

I’ve been to MN numerous times. WI doesn’t have the market cornered on that.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,143
Posts18,502,764
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.