S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by mirage243
Here's the thing . . . . . . .the 20 holdouts are my kind of representatives, the other 200 republicans are mostly sell out rino's.
I won't say that. There are new representatives on the republican side who just want to show up and do their job. We (my House district) got a new one to replace the democRAT we got rid of. I don't want to see him get caught up in this fiasco of having to pick a side on his first day before he has a chance to know who his real friends are.

More than anything I want to see UNITY. Unity. A word that virtually NO republican has thought about since Ronald Reagan. I in fact blame the republicans mostly because of some very powerful republicans for failing to get unity. The worst of them all is Mitch McConnell.

It appears that McC[/b[b]]arthy has agreed that if in the future there are 5 republicans who want him gone, he will step down. I'm all for giving McCarthy 90 (my suggestion only) days to get his act together and then the republicans in the House can hold their vote on McCarthy. I get why other republicans are afraid of where he is going to take the House. I GET IT !! His ties to Mitch McConnell are an anchor on his legacy. Mitch McConnell is Americans own worst enemy. He's a traitor and it's time the House told Mitch to sit down and shut up !

But, this junior high school bickering has to stop. No one can beat McCarthy TODAY. My bet is no one can beat McCarthy TOMMORROW. But, in 90 days the House can put their heads together and if they have someone who wants the job and if the majority thinks the new candidate will do a better job, then they can vote out McCarthy and vote in the new person. I know Jordan has been nominated but he is resisting. Stop wasting time on Jordan.

The liberal press is having a field day with this dustup. I'm sure the democRATs are laughing their unified a$$es off. The democRATs could nominate Charles Manson to the speaker position and they would get him. Why ?? Because the democRATs have UNITY.

This issue needs to end tomorrow. It looks like McCarthy has the majority. It's time to move ahead and put his California a$$ on the line. He either sinks or he swims. He either tells Mitch to sit down and shut up or he's gone. He's got 30 days, 60 days or maybe even 90 days to figure it out.

Tomorrow on the first vote this should be settled !! It's time the republicans played like a team. A concept that appears to be foreign to them. It's a good thing they are not playing high school football. They would be perpetual losers.

kwg
This is completely UNTRUE.

McCarthy has done no such thing. McCarthy offered a rule change from Pelosi’s 50 members to 5 members required to FILE A MOTION to Remove The Speaker.

FILING A MOTION is only the first step. Then the motion goes to a floor vote, there is NO Automatic STEPPING DOWN.

Pelosi changed the Rule to File a Motion from(1) to (50), McCarthy wants to change it from (1) to (5).

There can be NO UNITY when the Majority of The Party supports The Party First and ignores America and Americans.

Mitch has stated that the #1 Priority of The Republican Party is Fund Ukraine, are you good with that as Top Priority, if so, then you are on your way to helping achieve UNITY.
f U C K ukraine and the republicans who support this bullchit. Honestly, I'm in the camp of let it all burn. We are there anyway. Not sure why anyone here is thinking the house speaker will change anything.
I’m with ya, but showing support for America and not the Swamp by opposing McCarthy is at least good theater.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
the only thing missing is John M'cain. the maverick of the senate.

to pretend that the republican party hasnt been coopted by what ever filth bought out the left is a bit more than silly at this point.

Ain't *that* the truth.

People need to figure out the best way to personally navigate through the mess that's both here and coming and quit expecting the crooks in D.C. to make everything right again.

The U.S. government has been corrupt for a long, long time. But it's gone completely off the rails over the past 20 years or so.

There's a storm a'comin'. Get ready for it as best you can.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by deflave

He is our rep and is rock solid and a pleasure to speak with.

Y'all elect another solid Rep like him and then get him to run for the Senate against the RINO traitor Cornyn. I think he's wasting his talents in the House and would be much more effective in the Senate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the Reps need to get their chit together and do what we voted them in for or they will not get another chance.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by centershot
I think the Reps need to get their chit together and do what we voted them in for or they will not get another chance.
In case you missed it, the Republicans could give Two Schits what their constituents think, or want, they are loyal to The Party ( Themselves) and to those behind the scenes that Control The Party.

The Republican Leader in the Senate.

Cut funding and support for MAGA Candidates, called them “ The wrong Kind of Republicans”.
That’s what the (R) Party thinks of you and your America First agenda.

The Republican Leader of the Senate

“The Number One Priory of the Republican Party is to FUND UKRAINE “.
This is not what Republican constituents want, it’s what the Party wants and what those that can FLEESE American taxpayers want.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This shows you how nothing or why nothing ever gets done. Just more of the same bickering, canceling of one another or if you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours BS.
Embarrassment
We are just little worker ants waiting to be told what to do, what to think and make belief that we have a voice/choice by voting for them.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Let it burn...

About fugging time...

Agree. It has to happen sooner or later. I am sick of the swamp.

Last edited by Diesel; 01/04/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In a nutshell!

The Republican Establishment and Leaders like McConnell and McCarthy despise their constituents and the American Voter.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
I sure wish I had an argument for the Republican Party but it’s hard to do. Is it better than the Dems? Maybe a little but not a hell of a lot. Trump had them scared enough for a bit but they figured out how to get rid of him. The toilet needs to be flushed. Edk

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
the only thing missing is John M'cain. the maverick of the senate.

to pretend that the republican party hasnt been coopted by what ever filth bought out the left is a bit more than silly at this point.

Ain't *that* the truth.

People need to figure out the best way to personally navigate through the mess that's both here and coming and quit expecting the crooks in D.C. to make everything right again.

The U.S. government has been corrupt for a long, long time. But it's gone completely off the rails over the past 20 years or so.

There's a storm a'comin'. Get ready for it as best you can.

Good advice. We are at a reckoning point and that means conflict and disruption.

All of us that pay attention need to prepare ourselves and families for hardships that will surely come.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ERK
I sure wish I had an argument for the Republican Party but it’s hard to do. Is it better than the Dems? Maybe a little but not a hell of a lot. Trump had them scared enough for a bit but they figured out how to get rid of him. The toilet needs to be flushed. Edk
He did, now he endorses them, sad.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
McCarthy is too close to California politics! RINO RINO!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a nutshell!

The Republican Establishment and Leaders like McConnell and McCarthy despise their constituents and the American Voter.

That's it boiled down. They are not Patriots concerned about the well-being of the citizens, only their own power and wealth.

Unfortunately, too many people of this country have shirked their responsibilities as citizens of the Republic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would you consider Trump a Clapping Seal, now that he has doubled down and says to vote McCarthy?
Trump has been pulling some real bonehead stunts recently that aren't doing his credibility any good, from endorsing Dr. Oz to those stupid trading cards. I wouldn't be surprised if the polls look very different by the time we get close to the primaries.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by akrange
Ain’t you been Listening…

The Great House Victory was Orchestrated by ..

Wait ..

Kevin Kommiefornia and he deserves to be Speaker because of this Fine Work ..

All 200 Clapping Seals believe that ..

Hahaha Hahaha

Bucket of Fish for the Seals ..
Yup,

Would you consider Trump a Clapping Seal, now that he has doubled down and says to vote McCarthy?

Trump is a Dealmaker..

Trump doesn’t mind Shak’in Hands with Filthy People he’s been doing it all His Life ..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When did voting become "dysfunctional", "chaotic", "a fiasco"?

Frankly, anytime congress comes to a grinding halt, I sleep like a baby.

20 Patriots are driving the bus, let 'em negotiate.

Otherwise, let me know when shooting starts or bombs start dropping, then you'll have my attention.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barak
Trump has been pulling some real bonehead stunts recently that aren't doing his credibility any good, from endorsing Dr. Oz to those stupid trading cards. I wouldn't be surprised if the polls look very different by the time we get close to the primaries.

After Trump got elected he catered to everyone except the people who put him in office. His most recent fiasco was this:

https://www.metroweekly.com/2022/12...-the-gays-at-log-cabin-republicans-gala/

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ERK
He did, now he endorses them, sad.

A lot of Republicans, I believe, actually bought into the whole Russian collusion lie. This led them to be more guarded in their support for Trump. With that hoax having been exposed for what it was, and with so much more of what went on being exposed, I'd like to think that a lot more Republicans are willing to go to the mat against the Democrats now. I know, I know, wishful thinking, RINOs, UniParty, blah blah blah. But what we have in Congress is what we have. Until state and federal election laws, including those concerning campaign finance, are at least improved we are stuck with voting for whatever Republican is running. Not voting solves nothing.

The McCarthy drama is a microcosm of the Republican Party as a whole. There is a faction that is dissatisfied with the status quo, but there is NO ONE who wants step up and run against McCarthy. I get the lack of enthusiasm for McCarthy and the dissidents want a change, but they don't have anything or anybody to change to. Typical of the Republican Party: Great at being opposed to something, horrible at being for something.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mirage243
Here's the thing . . . . . . .the 20 holdouts are my kind of representatives, the other 200 republicans are mostly sell out rino's.
This. Exactly.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
After Trump got elected he catered to everyone except the people who put him in office. His most recent fiasco was this:

https://www.metroweekly.com/2022/12...-the-gays-at-log-cabin-republicans-gala/
Yep. How did men sticking their cocks in other men's butts become a core conservative American value deserving of Republican support? Pretty disgusting development.

Page 6 of 35 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 41 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,374
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.