Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If my pants are on,a knife is in the pocket.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My 'kercheif is preferably knotted at the back of my neck and draped over my adam's apple.

Yes, it is applicable to every use Rocky mentioned. But they are becoming difficult to find in the stores.

And I am informed by coworkers who are refugees from assorted cities, that one should not be caught on the wrong city street wearing the wrong color 'kercheif.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Concealed handgun, knife, wallet containing cash & cards which include ID.

Never carried a handkerchief in my life. If I needed a tourniquet I’d use my belt. Wipe my nose/cover sneezes on a kleenex.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
In your initial post in the meme thread you specified a clean handkerchief. Glad to see you have dropped clean as a requirement. Mine starts clean, but doesn't stay that way. Same as the pocketknife: It starts sharp, but periodic use renders it less so with time. But I don't carry a flashlight; if light is needed, the phone provides enough to get by.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Pointer, you make a...well, point. I carry a flashlight because I do not carry a phone. To those of you addicted to those electronic leashes, you still qualify as having a light.

To the tee shirt comment, if ever I'm bleeding and you offer me your sweaty, stinky, bacteria-riddled tee shirt as a bandage...I will decline. Many of the uses I describe should be limited to a clean hankie. If you are blowing your nose every few minutes into one, you have eliminated all uses but that one. Which is still less disgusting than a sodden sleeve right there in full view.
Electronic leashes?

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've carried a wubber for over 50 years, but never had the chance to use it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by P_Weed

You Wascally Wabbit! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lslite
If my pants are on,a knife is in the pocket.

Yep, but also have a handgun on too even if not leaving the house.

Swifty
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Always a handkerchief and a Kershaw lockblade. But I don't take the Kershaw into a business while I'm working.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
An old guy carries a hanky because of all the snot coming out of his nose and the water coming out of his eyes.

Sure...you can use it for some of the other things the OP mentions......but come on.....

Let's get real here.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, phone is an electronic leash. It tracks your location, reports everything you search for, and some of them listen to you all the time even when you aren't calling someone. They were made to be so handy they are "necessary" to have with you at all times. For one reason: so Big Brother can monitor you.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
An old guy carries a hanky because of all the snot coming out of his nose and the water coming out of his eyes.

Sure...you can use it for some of the other things the OP mentions......but come on.....

Let's get real here.
you can let that nice lady at the bar cry into it when your buddy doesn't buy her a drink like he did the other night....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
A torn up shirt for a bandage over a dirty handkerchief.... after going through allbsorts of crapy pencil style lights I have found that the Nebo inspector is pretty durable for less than $20.. the are good about replacing them if they do go bad. I had one accumulate so much dust that the beam focus became inoperable.. It was replaced like a Craftsmen ratchet.

Beanman,
you could always buy a knife there and mail it back to yourself...
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
A torn up shirt for a bandage over a dirty handkerchief.... after going through allbsorts of crapy pencil style lights I have found that the Nebo inspector is pretty durable for less than $20.. the are good about replacing them if they do go bad. I had one accumulate so much dust that the beam focus became inoperable.. It was replaced like a Craftsmen ratchet.

Beanman,
you could always buy a knife there and mail it back to yourself...

My Mother lives there now so I’m going to buy one and leave it, gotta have a pocketknife

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Rocky if cell phones get an aroma sniffing function I will be sure to take it with me every morning when I take a dump.

Swifty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by P_Weed

You should probably get a new one - I doubt that one is much good now.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I've left a few handkerchiefs out in the woods before. They made good toilet paper at the time.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have little regard or use for a hankie, clean or otherwise. I do accouter myself with a flashlight, carry pistol or revolver, knife (or two), cell phone and cash.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My cell phone has a flashlight. No need to carry another small one. If I NEED a flashlight a better one is in the truck, pack, or desk at my home. I carry a bandana quite often, but not all the time. But once again I keep several in the truck console and in my home. It would be extremely rare for me to not have a pocket knife on me. If not on me, close by. I even keep a spare in each vehicle in case I have a senior moment and walk out of the house without one.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah Ha! The woods dump is a use I had not thought of (or forgotten.) A pack of dinky Kleenex would likely not be nearly as effective.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a six pack of snot rags from Costco, returned them after a trial run. LOL.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 22 invisible), 1,879 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,117
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.