Rather than continue derailing the memes thread, I have started a new discussion.

There, I made the assertion that a true man is never without a pocketknife, a handkerchief, and some cash. Most people had no issue with the knife or cash, but pooh-poohed the handkerchief a bit. Some even suggested that as long as there are shirt sleeves, one does not need a handkerchief. That was possibly a joke. Maybe.

However, I would like now to point out that a handkerchief is valuable for more than blowing one's nose. With one, you can wipe sweat, clean glasses, use as a bandage, or (if you are French) surrender. With a large enough one, it can serve as a sweat band, mask, bandana, rescue flag, hat, sunshade, water strainer, or even a tourniquet. Which is why I carry one.

I'd also make one other suggestion for the properly-dressed male: a flashlight. I have a Streamlight Nano that rides on my keychain. It's the size of a cigarette butt, but provides a surprisingly bright beam. Another that I frequently carry in addition to the Nano is a rechargeable Streamlight Microstream. That one is the size of an unsmoked cig.

Discussion?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.