Thanks for sharing this!

Originally Posted by ButchA61
No handkerchief... I can easily grab a Kleenex or a paper towel if I need one.

But pocketknives? Now you're talking.... I carry my dad's old Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat dual blade pocketknife with me everywhere I go, just like he did. Dressed up in an IBM business suit in the 60's & 70's? Yup... the old Schrade pocketknife was in his pants pocket. Helping out with the volunteer ambulance & rescue squad? Yup... that same pocketknife was in his pants pocket and helped cut seatbelts from car accident victims. In the late 70's it even helped scrape off the blown gasket to the water pump on my old Plymouth Satellite car.

Sadly, as I write this... My dad passed away back in May of 2002 from congestive heart failure, at 80 years old. My mother stayed by his side the whole time, and when all of us "kids" all rushed back home, flew back home, etc... My mother looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "He wanted you to have this", and held out the pocketknife for me. I instantly remembered fishing with my dad and having him use the pocketknife to cut my fishing line with, when I was just a kid. I will confess... I am man enough to say this... I took the prized pocketknife from my mom, put it in my pocket, hugged my mom, and well.... I totally lost it and bawled like a little girl. cry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]