-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No handkerchief... I can easily grab a Kleenex or a paper towel if I need one.

But pocketknives? Now you're talking.... I carry my dad's old Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat dual blade pocketknife with me everywhere I go, just like he did. Dressed up in an IBM business suit in the 60's & 70's? Yup... the old Schrade pocketknife was in his pants pocket. Helping out with the volunteer ambulance & rescue squad? Yup... that same pocketknife was in his pants pocket and helped cut seatbelts from car accident victims. In the late 70's it even helped scrape off the blown gasket to the water pump on my old Plymouth Satellite car.

Sadly, as I write this... My dad passed away back in May of 2002 from congestive heart failure, at 80 years old. My mother stayed by his side the whole time, and when all of us "kids" all rushed back home, flew back home, etc... My mother looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "He wanted you to have this", and held out the pocketknife for me. I instantly remembered fishing with my dad and having him use the pocketknife to cut my fishing line with, when I was just a kid. I will confess... I am man enough to say this... I took the prized pocketknife from my mom, put it in my pocket, hugged my mom, and well.... I totally lost it and bawled like a little girl. cry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ButchA61; 01/06/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, pocket knife, handkerchief and a small flashlight.

I likely have the DNA of every young kid down my street on a handkerchief at one time or another.
My granddaughter knows I have these three things and pretty sure she thinks I’m a hero because of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for sharing this!

Originally Posted by ButchA61
No handkerchief... I can easily grab a Kleenex or a paper towel if I need one.

But pocketknives? Now you're talking.... I carry my dad's old Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat dual blade pocketknife with me everywhere I go, just like he did. Dressed up in an IBM business suit in the 60's & 70's? Yup... the old Schrade pocketknife was in his pants pocket. Helping out with the volunteer ambulance & rescue squad? Yup... that same pocketknife was in his pants pocket and helped cut seatbelts from car accident victims. In the late 70's it even helped scrape off the blown gasket to the water pump on my old Plymouth Satellite car.

Sadly, as I write this... My dad passed away back in May of 2002 from congestive heart failure, at 80 years old. My mother stayed by his side the whole time, and when all of us "kids" all rushed back home, flew back home, etc... My mother looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "He wanted you to have this", and held out the pocketknife for me. I instantly remembered fishing with my dad and having him use the pocketknife to cut my fishing line with, when I was just a kid. I will confess... I am man enough to say this... I took the prized pocketknife from my mom, put it in my pocket, hugged my mom, and well.... I totally lost it and bawled like a little girl. cry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Do any of you prissy bitches piss outside?

Lol.

No wonder you all lined up for the shot.

MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Equating your manhood w/ your pocket litter is kind of lame.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I started carrying a pocketknife in the first grade; usually one of my Dad’s worn Case 2 or 3 blade Muskrat type. I remember my 3 rd grade teacher asking who had a knife; had 3 of us come down front and sit around the trash can Called students up by row by row to get their pencils sharpened. Ratty pencil grinder never worked. Played mumbly peg and holes in jr high using pocket knives. My Dad always carried a hankerchief, comb, and pocket knife. I did likewise for years. Changed to Case Trapper for many decades. Now a Benchmade, and small 2 blade Swiss Army. Keep a small LED flashlight that 3 AAA batteries in coat pocket and each vehicle. Walmart sells a decent one in orange for about a Buck in camping. Give ‘em to kids, DILs, and grandkids. Wife has one in purse plus a Buck Swiss Army knife. Usually a multi-tool in door pocket. And I don’t leave the house without packing: Taurus G2 9mm, Glock 22, or 1911. Rotate em. Was a school principal and had to fight a drunk Indian once. Always had Louisville Slugger or knife, or pistol somewhere. Last 6 months working on the rez, I could legally carry. Only the Judge, 2 game wardens, and Law and Order officers could legally carry. Pays to be prepared.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I feel naked if I don't have the following on me when out and about:
Left front pocket:
- Pocketknife (Kershaw Chive sometimes or Kershaw Misdirect)
- Leatherman Micro
- Swiss tech mini multi tool
- spare mag for pistol
Right front pocket:
- Ruger Max9 or Kahr MK9
Bandana in right back pocket
Wallet in left rear pocket
On my belt:
- Pouch with a Gerber multi-tool and Lumintop AA 2.0 light
- Smart phone on clip
Watch on left wrist

It's a wonder I don't lose my damn pants...

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ash tray, paddle game, and remote control - that's all I need.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
As I type. Never a flashlight, and the handkerchief is because of current cold. Although a handkerchief or bandanna might be carried other times of year as situations dictate.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always carry a folding belt knife, cash, either a hanky or paper napkin (from the table) and a couple three peppermints in my pocket.

Also ........ I never wear sweat pants past the end of the driveway. Them's for slummin' around the house after supper.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where I grew up in CA we couldn’t use red or blue bandanas so I switched to a black bandanna. I kept them in my pocket as handkerchiefs not as a do-rag deal. My dad always used the white square versions but they were too small for my liking. I still have a little Case pocket knife, lighter & chapstick every day. Still tuck a few 100’s behind my drivers license too.

Good thread Rocky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First thing I think when I see someone with a hankie hanging out of their pocket and they blow their nose with it, then put it back is "what a weirdo".

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday a camo bandana and 2 knives, I was hunting. Today camo bandana , leatherman and a knife , I was fishing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
or ate a sandwich with dirty hands.

Worm guts on the fingers, while putting in 3 fingers worth of cope snuff was exhilarating.

Back in my chewing days, of course.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes always a knife, bandana, and cashish at a minimum.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Kershaw flipper,bandana,cash,c.c. no phone .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been packing a pocket knife daily since I was about 10 years old.

Presently packing a Buck 110 in a belt sheath.

Always have a handgun, and a backup on me, and two paper towels in my back pockets.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Once paper towels and Kleenex became a thing, I quit carrying a handkerchief. 😉

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of you miss the obvious fact that you can keep a clean handkerchief in your pocket and still display a snot-encrusted pair of shirt sleeves to everyone around you. Or litter the ground with Kleenex.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,146
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.